Where is everyone Monday?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The brits outsourced the 2012 olympics logo design to India?

2007-06-04T155611Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS.jpg

It's FUGLY

istockphoto_544095_magenta_melody.jpg

584587[/snapback]

Another victim of Too Much Caffeine.

584593[/snapback]

Or too much Curry

spicy_chicken_masala_curry.JPG

Speaking of crap, I wonder what's the chinese buerocrats "measured step" target for the shankhigh?

z?s=000001.SS&t=1d&q=l&l=on&z=m&a=v&p=s&c=&reload=&

584597[/snapback]

I would imagine the Chinacrats would prefer not to see either a further parabolic move or a crash. So perhaps they will do what is necessary to move the Shankhigh into a range for a while.

Given that one Chinese gubermint institution or another control the majority of shares, it seems that they could pin the Shankhigh wherever they want to no matter what the pai gow players do or don't do.

Rumor has it that China is still a state-controlled Communist country. ;)

post-2169-1181015436_thumb.jpg

Rumor has it that China is still a state-controlled Communist country.

That is a point that many people forget.

I dont know that China would like her citizens getting too capitalistic too soon.

China is a very ruthless country and doesn't care a great deal about individual rights.

Just ask 3 million people who were 'told' to move so that they could build the 3 Gorge dam.

It wouldn't bother them a great deal if the West went into a depression.

The Chinese are masters at long term strategic plays.

The brits outsourced the 2012 olympics logo design to India?

2007-06-04T155611Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS.jpg

It's FUGLY

istockphoto_544095_magenta_melody.jpg

584587[/snapback]

Another victim of Too Much Caffeine.

584593[/snapback]

Or too much Curry

spicy_chicken_masala_curry.JPG

Speaking of crap, I wonder what's the chinese buerocrats "measured step" target for the shankhigh?

z?s=000001.SS&t=1d&q=l&l=on&z=m&a=v&p=s&c=&reload=&

584597[/snapback]

I would imagine the Chinacrats would prefer not to see either a further parabolic move or a crash. So perhaps they will do what is necessary to move the Shankhigh into a range for a while.

Given that one Chinese gubermint institution or another control the majority of shares, it seems that they could pin the Shankhigh wherever they want to no matter what the pai gow players do or don't do.

Rumor has it that China is still a state-controlled Communist country. ;)

584615[/snapback]

I heard that too! But they were supposedly seen leading the last pro-capitalism rally.

capitalists.jpg

319586.jpg

perfect conditions for a crash...total complacency as China crashs.

This could be it and we don't even know it.. :o :o

So Monday's plunge, the second-biggest drop this decade, raised concern that the situation might have spiralled beyond the authorities' ability to control it.

"The Chinese government is just trying to rein in speculation and stop the market from going up too quickly. They did not expect the reaction to the tax would be so big," said Xia Xiaohui, chief executive of private investment fund Fair Capital.

Some fund managers said another tumble of 5 percent or more on Tuesday could send the market into a freefall, as even institutional investors, which focus on longer-term investment, might start selling heavily to cut losses.

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge...ment_n_analysis

Every one of the 450000 new 'investors' who opened an account every day in the last couple of weeks are being walloped big time.

Selling begets selling begets selling.

I don't want to sound like wndy, but here in the Sili Valley, the labor market is off the hook.  There is wage inflation going on here as flush sums of venture capital are getting pumped into another round of useless startups that are destined to fail.  While not as crazy as the dot-com days, there are engineers who are making lateral moves and getting anywhere between 33 - 50% salary increases.

It's pretty nuts.

So do I agree with wndy?  Only partly.  Certainly, those sectors with the hot money include finance and tech, and wage inflation is clearly on display.  But these jobs are only like 5 - 10% of all American jobs if even that.  And even still, the Bay Area property market is starting to tank after its steroid run.

So yeah, Sili Valley, Orange County, Seattle, Boston, and Manhattan are like islands of wierdom in an otherwise imploding labor market.

No doubt when the minimum wage rises next year, the Fed, Labor, and Commerce Departments will find a way to paint solid real wage growth.

584583[/snapback]

Silicon valley is not experiencing the across the board wage inflation we saw in 1999-2001. Maybe if you are in the "hot" engineering sector (whatever that happens to be at the moment). IT demand is picking up a little bit, and I've had some recruiters call me, but the jobs are always contract jobs with no benefits so I have to pass.

The Last Honest Appraiser in San Diego is helping federal investigators get the goods on real estate scammers who commit what are known as inflated-sale and-crash schemes

The term refers to a scam in which a buyer ---- with the help of dishonest real estate agents and appraisers ---- purchases a home for more than market price, receives cash at the closing of escrow and then lets the property fall into foreclosure.

Lackner has already uncovered more than 400 such cases, he said.

"I'm trying to nail them." Lackner said. "Some of these people made well over a million dollars in a couple months time." He said he remembers well the day the first case came to light. He was doing an appraisal of a home in San Diego and was checking the sales information on comparable properties, Lackner said.

While checking comparable home prices in the same area, he said, he noticed that one of them had sold for $70,000 more than the listed price. So, he did a drive-by to check out the property, he said. There was no one living there, he said, and the house was run-down, with an overgrown lawn.

He realized immediately that something was wrong, so he went back to the office and began doing research on the real estate agent who had represented the buyer, Lackner said.

It turned out, he said, the man had been involved in the purchase of 17 properties over a period of just a few months. All of the sales were suspicious, because the sales prices were significantly higher than the list prices, Lackner said. Ten of the properties later foreclosed, he said.

"Then, I knew I was onto something," Lackner said. "I said, 'how can people get away with this?' " Those who are caught, tried and convicted will face many years in ass-pounding prison ---- as they should, said Lackner, who has worked as an appraiser since 1989.

Lackner added that he has turned all of the documentation on several real estate agents and their transactions to federal and state investigators or regulatory agencies.

TIP OF ICEBERG FOLKS!

THE ENTIRE HOUSING BOOOOOOOOOM

WAS 100.0% PURE FRAUD,

NOTHING MORE,

NOTHING LESS.

post-2457-1181018608_thumb.jpg

Yahoo!My Yahoo!Mail Make Y! your home pageYahoo! SearchSearch:Sign In

New User? Sign UpFinance Home -Help

Home InvestingMarket OverviewMarket StatsStocksMutual FundsETFsBondsOptionsIndustriesCurrencyEducationNews & OpinionMarketsInvesting IdeasExpert AdviceSpecial EditionsCompany FinancesProvidersPersonal FinanceBanking & BudgetingCareer & WorkCollege & EducationFamily & HomeInsuranceLoansReal EstateRetirementTaxesHow-to GuidesGet QuotesSymbol LookupFinance Search

AP

Chinese Stocks Rebound in Late-Day Rally

Tuesday June 5, 6:44 am ET

By Elaine Kurtenbach, AP Business Writer

Chinese Stocks Rebound in Late-Day Rally After Early Losses

SHANGHAI, China (AP) -- Chinese stocks rebounded in volatile trading Tuesday following their sharpest one-day drop in three months as strong buying by institutions offset selling by retail investors.

The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index gained 2.6 percent to 3,767.10 after a rollercoaster session that saw the index plunge as much as 7.2 percent earlier in the day. It fell 8.3 percent on Monday -- the benchmark's sharpest decline since an 8.8-percent drop Feb. 27 triggered a global market sell-off.

Archived