The Russian Revolution

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And one year later....indeed the worm did turn....who'da thunk it.... ;)

Can only imagine what the Bullz were doing in '66 when  the Dow cleared 1K...maybe even more full of themselves than the ones on some of the other boards this weekend...

"Confirmed breakout" is one I have seen many times this weekend....

I guess we'll see soon enough.....

They were. :lol:

I realize that folks don't see a funnymental catalyst for them to be long CAT. But, it is a dow stock and well off it's highs. Eventually it should move if we are destend to go higher.

Definitely looks primed for some kind of decision, prolly next week...if it's down, should get a good bounce near $50.

Doug Kass thinks it might get bought by KKR in 2007...25 Possible Surprises in 2007 :unsure:

post-147-1168895528_thumb.jpg

'Flipping' of homes down in 2006

From Bloomberg News

January 12, 2007

The "flipping" of homes in California by speculators who buy houses and condominiums only to resell them for a quick profit declined last year to the lowest level since 2003 as price growth slowed.

Homes owned for six or fewer months accounted for 3.2% of all homes resold in 2006, down from 4.2% in 2005 and 3.6% in 2004, according to a report released Thursday by HomeSmartReports.com, a San Juan Capistrano-based real estate research company. In 2003, the figure was 2.4%.

The decline in flipping comes as the pace of all home sales and price increases slows throughout California. In November, the latest month for which figures are available, Southern California home sales dropped to the lowest level for a November in nine years, according to DataQuick Information Systems. San Francisco Bay Area home prices fell for the second time in three months in November.

Of last year's "flip" sales, 24.9% resulted in a loss for the seller when commissions and costs were factored in, HomeSmartReports.com said. That's the highest percentage since 2002, when 25.2% of sales resulted in a loss.

Overall, flippers last year sold homes for a median $45,000 more than they paid, down from $52,000 in 2005.

I wonder if that 45k includes a reamtor cut? :lol:

1) Chavez nationalizes the oil biz

2) Giant blizzards and ice throughout the Midwest

3) All-time record cold temps here in California

4) Troop "Surge" coming, more executions this morning.

Crude is up a paltry 40 cents on this news.

I guess we know that the RLX and XAL are lined up for an Epic Breakout and subsequent Meltup if the oil bulls can't get anything going tomorrow.

big.chart?symb=xal&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=13882&style=320&time=11&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand=7168&mocktick=1&rand=1004

big.chart?symb=rlx&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=4597&style=320&time=11&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand=9183&mocktick=1&rand=1993

Did Puplava flush Tim Wood into the depths of the Bear Bunker for good ?

Also Dave Morgan and Dr. Duarte (whom I know to be a fine physician as well; treated my mother-in-law, who, unfortunately, survived :) )

All bullish. All the time.

I made some good coin on Puplava's "tangibles" calls from 2000-2005. I don't feel like I have any kind of edge listening to him anymore. He sings with the Mantra Choir now. The Sanskrit News Hour and homilee.

Morgan will still be on, but on a rotating basis. Probably the same for Duarte. I don't know about Wood. Looks like Puplava is rotating his commentary talent within sectors to get a broader set of opinions.

Shank MexDiego is in full meltdown mode now.

THe BIG GAME was a deathblow letdown. The Chargers choked, in front of the hometown fans. The dream is over.

Thousands of whipped losers sulked back to their SUV's in the parking lot, SUV's purchased with Ditech money (THAT WILL HAVE TO BE PAID BACK SOME DAY), and ripped down their dual Charger flagpoles that they had proudly driven around town with.  Back home, they took off their official NFL gameday jerseys and other me-too paraphernalia and stuffed them into a dresser, never to be worn again. 

Now on Monday morning instead of loudly bragging how "WE won!" they quietly whisper among themselves how THEY lost, THEY blew it, THEY choked, THEY let us all down.

Time to face reality.  No more vicarious aSS-kicking via worshipped multi-millionaire hero-athletes who commit flagrant personal fouls whenever the ball doesn't bounce their way.

This is the psychological turning point for an eCONomy built on fraud and false hopes.

The jacked ARM mrotgouge Foreclosure Frenzy is underway. Layoffs are hitting the CONstruction and Reamtor? industry hard, with ripple effects that will be felt for years.  The city is hopelessly in debt to labor union pension funds to the tune of $Billions and will likely face Chapter 9 Bankrupture.

Let the unwinding of the Bubblescam begin.

"Ditech on line 2!" :D

Shorty, another great post, which I feel is right on. :D

PS, How do you keep track of all those positions? :blink:

Equities, in general, may not be too happy when/few weeks-months after TNX takes out 5.25

Inflation roaring and this is the last post to fall, imo (other secular turns being gold/silver, crb, tsx:spx, crb:cpi, gold:usb)

big.chart?symb=tnx&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=6&maval=20,50,200&uf=8&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=2&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=11420&style=350&time=12&freq=3&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=4232&mocktick=1&.gif

Shorty, they're still drowning their sorrows here in San Dayglo......at the beach :lol:

Archived