B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 7

the fact that greenscum has one ounce of credibilty left is beyond me.

To those medically challenged and venerealized persond of ill repute I believe that Greenscum is a symptom of Gonnorhea ,If my memory serves me correctly--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: BD Why so clinical???

====Before a proper cure.a proper diagnosis

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imo,  what is truly frightening is the blind, total faith of the sheep in both the shrub and the fed.

If all you do is get up in the morning, watch the Today Show while you're getting ready for work, then watch a half-hour "newscast" at night, how could you possibly know there is any problem?

The government believes their role is this:

"We'll handle all of the messy stuff, you just go on about your daily lives behaving like loyal American's."

And the vast majority of Americans, with lives described as the above example believe their role is this:

"We want the government to handle all the messy stuff while we go on about our lives as loyal Americans."

Each group is getting exactly what they are asking for...but it points out clearly that the government and the people are not one in the same. This is not a government "of the people." If it was, the truth would always be told, so the people could make fully-informed decisions about the issues of the day.

The government's manipulation and censorship of the media has resulted in the death of Democracy - as one of its cornerstones "a government of the people" no longer exists.

A Government "to Manage the people" has taken its place.

the last time the sheeple got really pissed off was the French Revolution! created quite a stir amoung the upper cast.. i always enjoyed those movies with the french sheeple as the jury. thumbs up or down- justice was always served..

The problem with this return to "neutrality", though, is the misbehaviour of the bond market. Most Americans tend to borrow at long-term interest rates, not short-term rates, so if long rates fall when short rates rise, it isdifficult to argue that monetary policy has been tightened at all. Doubtless there are distortions to the US bond market. Heavy Asian central bank buying has probably had some impact, as Asian central banks have intervened in the foreign exchange markets to prevent their currencies from rising against the dollar. But I am not sure this is the complete explanation. I wonder whether, in three or four years, we will look back at 2004 and say: "Ah, yes, that's the year when monetary policy was tightened prematurely, when the recovery really wasn't in the bag at all." The decline in bond yields is unusual. If it is telling us that nominal growth is going to be lower than we have been used to, it may imply that monetary tightening this year will simply have to be reversed next year.

"Neutrality" is a fairly strange concept. Economies are not predestined to grow at certain rates. If there has been a major misallocation of resources, there is a good chance that economies will veer away from the previously accepted "neutral" growth rate for quite some time. Asset bubbles are a prime cause of such resource misallocations. They lead to too much demand in the short-term and too little demand later on. Could the bond market be telling us that we have just been through one of these periods of resource misallocation? If it is, we cannot be in a standard cyclical recovery. And, if that's the case, we should not expect a standard cyclical monetary response.

The Fed has frequently argued that Japan's macroeconomic problem in the 1990s reflected a failure to cut interest rates quickly enough when the equity bubble burst at the beginning of that decade. Maybe, though, Japan's macroeconomic problem was more of a failure to limit the scale of the bubble that inflated in the late 1980s. If so, the US and Japan have more in common than most commentators would care to admit and we had better get used to a world of fragile and short-lived recoveries. Perhaps the US bond market is already there.

Bond slump shows fragility of US recovery

Machinehead, Well that explains it! Just the other day I saw a hamster scurrying by with a little Vote Kerry sticker wrapped around his tail. :) 

Is he pathetic, or what? Can you imagine after all Bush's blunders, they've got Kerry on the defensive? Unfreakingreal. The Dems are useless. They're trying to avoid insulting Bush, for God knows what reason. My husband said, they don't understand that the Bush's play on the electorate's fear and they have to out-fear them. Like run an add showing Bush pushing a button and a mushroom cloud that blows up the world. And if Rove baby doesn't like it? Tough Who cares? They're either intentionally trying to lose, they have something on Kerry, or Kerry is being genuinely honest about the Iraq war and plan more of the same.

Just a push to get Hillary elected in 2008. They don't want the White House now.

Just as I gave the candless lantern jawed rep from the democrat party the sobriquet Frankenstein for immediate purposes of Identification isn't it about time we gave name recognition to Hillary

Yes,answering my oqn question===So here goes

Step forward St Hillary :I now dubya night errant, princess of darkness Evita St Hillary,who henceforth are to go forward in the name of the Republic and Slay as many bona-fide female Republican dragons as is humanly possible---an to have the right of being genuflected to by political nobility one and all

And finally may the devil take you and your putrescent sanctimony to the raging hell you deserve so help you El Diabolo

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: ---To do the job right what with the task of cutting off one of the heads of a multi-headed Hydra she's going to need a boot=licking Hercules-----Do I smell an Ownawld Schwarzenegger in der hause???

For Pres & VP Eva St Hillary and Hercules

Archived