B4 The Bell, Tuesday April 13

A point that strikes me about today, is that the Daily candle print

is a DOWN...Marabozu. It points to where market is going.

Also.......because of range...1148.50 - 1126.50...22 points takes on

added significance.....that it will be an Additive candle.

Which means that the midway point of that candle ..1137...should

present itself as fairly stiff resistance....going forward...until such time

it's taken out.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoo Boy-"The Washington Times (fave paper of the Neo-cons) reports that a Selective Service spokesperson said yesterday that they are actively recruiting members for the Nations 2,000 local Draft and Appeal Boards to replace those members whose 20 year terms were expiring. " This should scare the BeJeepers out of any young American. I mean like why re-appoint new members if you ain't gonna use it-right! ;)

It will be totally staffed, operational, and ready for activation early 2005 by the President...

September 23, 2003 ? Draft Board Recruitment ad appears on Defense.Link site. First public ad for Draft Boards in decades. Page scrubbed within a few days of being noticed by some media in early November.

December, 2003 - Draft Board Recruitment ad re-appears on the Selective Service Home Page with 2 new sentences stressing the ad has ?NO connection? to Iraq.

November, 2003 ? Selective Service 2004 ?Performance Plan? summarizes how $28 million will be allocated in 2004 to reduce draft activation time from current 8 months to just 75 days. Nation-wide Readiness Exercises, testing the Draft Lottery and examination system, as well as gearing up the Medical Draft (3.4 million doctors and nurses, men and women age 20-44 are eligible). Ominously, the Alternative Service delivery system for Conscientious Objectors is readied for the first time in decades, with the SSS being funded to compile lists of available Alternative Service jobs for those who win non-military CO status. All systems will be pushed to reach 95% readiness during 2004.

Nov. 4, 2003 ? NY Times article on Army Honor Guard Company B being sent to MidEast, revealing how thin troops are being stretched to cover the 2004-2005 rotation.

Nov. 23, 2003 ? Boston Globe article: ?Army Reserve battling an exodus

War is seen as drain on ranks. The US Army Reserve fell short of its reenlistment goals this fiscal year, underscoring Pentagon fears that the protracted conflict in Iraq could cause a crippling exodus from the armed services.

December, 2003 - The Selective Service Register magazine talks about the new Special Skill Draft, a top priority for Director Lewis Brodsky. Like the Medical Draft, the Special Skills Draft will induct men and women up to age 44 if they have needed DoD skills like computer expertise, engineering or they are a linguist. As with the health care draftees, no medical deferments are allowed except for total disability. Anyone with these skills will have to register with the SSS if Bush is re-elected and asks Congress for this.

December 29, 2003 - WP article: ?Army Stops Many Soldiers From Quitting, Orders Extend Enlistments to Curtail Troop Shortages? 40,000 soldiers and Guard put on Stop-Loss.

Bill in the Senate currently...

S.89

Title: A bill to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Hollings, Ernest F. [sC] (introduced 1/7/2003)

POPULAR TITLE(S):

Reinstate draft bill (identified by CRS)

SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:

Universal National Service Act of 2003

Bill in the House currently...

H.R.163

Title: To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 1/7/2003)

POPULAR TITLE(S):

Reinstate draft bill (identified by CRS)

SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:

Universal National Service Act of 2003

This little chart - like a scud - ready to go thud?

Anyone else pissed by the big gap down in metals today.

I did good last month - now profits got smacked down

all because I started to add metals yesterday. I ain't

easy to keep money - much less make it- in this market.

Had some nice shorts too - basically they just saved my butt.

Very frustrating. I'm sure there are people who have gotten

whiplash bad from the big gaps.

One more down day should do it...

The ticks, the advance/declines were worse today than 911 and the top-yet knowone believes this/could be it. I note Bernie Scheafer who has been long the whole rally said in his letter tonight all danger signals are flashing and Cash, Cash, Cash is the mantra for the near term.

the Iraqi Jurists Association said the arrest warrant against Shiite leader Muqtada Sadr is "illegal and based on a lie".

"The arrest warrant is illegal and incorrect, as the occupation forces issued it in disregard for sovereignty of Iraq's justice system," the Association said in a statement...

A U.S. military spokesman said two days ago the warrant had been issued "in the last several months" by an Iraqi judge investigating last April's murder of a pro-Western Shiite leader one year ago.

"What justice are you talking about? You have dismissed 170 justices of their offices and violated the independence of justice here,"

The above report has disapeared from all American based websites...Some of the sites I've looked at were down or their databases were hacked and erased...

If I had an 80 Billion slush fund...I'm sure buying a Judge would be easy...

This you can be certain of...IF...stocks ..bonds.. dollar... ALL start

going down..together... message is not that money is leaving the markets

BUT........money is leaving the COUNTRY.

If that happens.... Houstan will go off the map....................................

Keep your eyes on the futures as the PrezyDent speaks they are better than a public opinion poll. CNN just reported that a live American Hostage is worth 10 grand, anyone else only fetches 5 Grand. Canada's Global evening newscast says more and more evidence this is NOT an insurgency but a well planned, and well funded War on the occupation forces.

When is the Bush performance going to happen?

For Immediate Release

Office of the Press Secretary

March 17, 2003

President Says Saddam Hussein Must Leave Iraq Within 48 Hours

Remarks by the President in Address to the Nation

"The cause of peace requires all free nations to recognize new and undeniable realities. In the 20th century, some chose to appease murderous dictators, whose threats were allowed to grow into genocide and global war. In this century, when evil men plot chemical, biological and nuclear terror, a policy of appeasement could bring destruction of a kind never before seen on this earth."

"The power and appeal of human liberty is felt in every life and every land. And the greatest power of freedom is to overcome hatred and violence, and turn the creative gifts of men and women to the pursuits of peace.

That is the future we choose. Free nations have a duty to defend our people by uniting against the violent."

Archived