Market Needs Lithium

A corner unit in the beachfront condos I live in sold I heard.  It is  one floor below my friends that told me two years ago they wouldn't sell for less than 450k.

The one below went for 225k, I was told.  The interior unit next to it is in foreclosure. I could have bought a corner for 100k in '99. 

What that has to do with your target, I don't know.  But, there is still some room on the downside in Sunny Florida.

I think.

704798[/snapback]

I think it has a lot to do with it - Californicated and Baked-Florida were the competing groundzeros of debt-financed excessive stupidity. It's just going to take a lot of time to get to where we all know we're headed - i.e., lower prices.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it has a lot to do with it - Californicated and Baked-Florida were the competing groundzeros of debt-financed excessive stupidity.  It's just going to take a lot of time to get to where we all know we're headed - i.e., lower prices.

704800[/snapback]

One of my German Buddies was taking some pictures to show his father, who I gathered was quite well to do in Europe. The comment was that these buildings looked alot like a Polish Army Barracks! No offense, SwordFish!

hahaha

There are a ton of fumble managers and hedge hogs out there that are gonna try and "make their year" between now and Dec 31. The only question is when, and will they have the fire power to do it.

As far as when, don't know, but I will be buying any significant pull backs and adding to dongs with money coming in from maturing bonds in the high-yield section of my fartfolio. In addition, I will be scouting for potential "scalded chimps" like LVS.

As far as whether they have the "dry powder" to make this end of year rally/spike occur -- me thinks yes.

As far as duration -- it should be short, so I'll be bailing out of anything profitable in advance of where I would usually wait to sell.

bradley2008.GIF

An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is one issue which unites statists of all persuasions. They seem to sense-perhaps more clearly and subtly than many consistent defenders of laissez-faire -- that gold and economic freedom are inseparable, that the gold standard is an instrument of laissez-faire and that each implies and requires the other.

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard.

http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/greenspan.html

The guy who wrote this must be some kind of commie, pinko wingnut :lol:

I don't know what Doc will say tonite,But i think we have a possibility of a crash here.Although I am usually wrong

Shorts totally blown out and ugly action at the close :mellow:

Next support 910?

704783[/snapback]

Last time we had this action at the close (way back on Monday), we got a 92 point rally the next day. :huh:

So who knows.

cover your shorts!

Load up your longs!

GM - the financial guru - calls the bottom:

GM calls bottom of downturn

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c7826cf8-a5e9-11...0077b07658.html

704808[/snapback]

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, I want GM managing my money. Where can I sign up?

On another topic, here's an interesting SPX valuation matrix I came across, based on the current 2009 consensus of $95:

post-160-1225321834_thumb.jpg

http://seekingalpha.com/article/102721-s-p...aluation-matrix

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

for sure,

in a few more daze they will not have to pretend to pretend that they can solve the derivatives problem. in addition, add two more "issues" to the derivatives Problem; namely, Pakistan and Declining Production Profiles at 9% annual rates plus in the major Earl Fields of this planet.

meanwhile, anybody notice that gasoline is a vital commodity??????

HooHA!

With a fresh ten million, your jickiss would buy here DGP, FXC, GG, AUY, CDE, SLW, CEF, and

SU, which will still print $200 sooner than anybody thimks! Million in each, save two million to short the Spooz at the next top.....who da thought that a Giant Second Chance would emerge so quickly???????

GG is dirtcheep, and here is a enhanced chart, augmented, if that is the world, by

your jickiss!!!!!!! who is faithfully holding Fast!

da Money wants to pin the disaster.......HooHA!

post-1911-1225323078_thumb.jpg

Archived