Monthly Digger - August, 2005

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 210 HUI level is a logical resistance area. 50% retrace of the range and a complete ABC up 1 to 1. 30 points off the 181 low same as the move 165-195. We need to see low volume retrace seeing support hopefully 200-203. We might hold 205. An extension of 1.38 nets the old top area 225-227. Buy the dips until proven otherwise I think.

HL @ $3.75 ?  I just don't get it.  I'll be force to buy more now...  :huh:

I know, to add insult to injury they were downgraded by CIBC yesterday. Either someone is shaking the tree pretty hard or they got some problems.

I dumped this a.m. at $4 and went into CDE. Took the loss, just figured there were better opportunities. HL been a bit of a drag on the HUI. What I relly don't like is that they've made a new low and I don't have a clue where the bottom might be.

GBN and HL - what a couple of pissers. :angry:

thanks coin guy, for better or worse, seems we are on the same page. the thing w/early phases of the bull, pre parabolic is one just wants to be positioned and not make mistakes. i had been jumping in and out until recently. right or wrong i suspect that the rocket ride will start soon. dharma

no margin yet. and no debt.

CBJ has been looking pretty good lately. If I didn't already have so much I might have exchanged out of the HL for that one.

I'd like to have about 70% of the miners in the portfolio be North American. Pretty close to that now. EGO is a great stock but I don't want to buy more because their big projects are in Turkey. Hamilton loves it - Turkey scares me.

I stepped in to HL here @ 3.60.

OH,

I manage my assets for a living, just about 17 years in. 

Best,

TCG

EDIT: I'll add on HL, take a look at 7/27/04.  It didn't make it's countertrend move until it made a new low for the move.  I'm imagining a possible repeat here.

Best of luck CG. Looks like a decent entry point. No visible support on the charts save the two items I mentioned. The bastards love to do that. B)

I don't step in front of a falling knife unless I know the fundamentals. I've been tracking HL for 7 years. This is an over-reaction from my perspective. Somebody wants the stock cheap, and so do I. I've been waiting for months, and I'm prepared to sit in the sun(er, heat) on this one.

Best,

TCG

TFH, I'll add it would be par for the course for HL to exceed the 78% fib before a turnaround. It's a signature of the stock.

Hecla Mining

I don't step in front of a falling knife unless I know the fundamentals.  I've been tracking HL for 7 years.  This is an over-reaction from my perspective.  Somebody wants the stock cheap, and so do I.  I've been waiting for months, and I'm prepared to sit in the sun(er, heat) on this one.

Best,

TCG

TFH, I'll add it would be par for the course for HL to exceed the 78% fib before a turnaround.  It's a signature of the stock.

Hecla Mining

Yep they know the levels and have to run those perfect fib retracements by a little. B)

xau 93.89=50% 93.08=.618 looking for it to bottom @ these #s dharma

hl has been around like forever. so , i imagine their management can function and survive in all situations. watching it for a buy. tcg thanks dharma

bought $31.50 face value 90% junk silver for $80 even last night at an auction.  now if i could just get it at 2.5x face value all the time (and in quantity!)...(tulving.com advertising 5.18x face value).

check out this auction. minimum bid on the bullion- 80% of previous nymex close

these guys don't fool around

http://www.ustreas.gov/auctions/irs/inoh_coin_933.htm

Archived