Monthly Digger - August, 2005

Correction phase should be over soon, Bad news is gold won't make a big move till 2006

Watch the D wave

if people have not seen the forbes article on gold, i posted the link last week, very provacative, especially since establishment forbes has been anti gold forever.

it feels like 90% of the time nothing happens. its preparing for the 10% that consumes the 90%. anyhow, w/this mornings action, it is apparent the correction has more to go. looking for an end to this, towards the end of this month.  dharma

post-331-1122994469_thumb.jpg

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correction phase should be over soon, Bad news is gold won't make a big move till 2006

Watch the D wave

Spoken with such confidence.

Seasonality might speak differently. The recent pattern has seen a pretty good rally from Sept. into the 1st quarter.

We should know soon enough.

feed, i respect your work, but there is no way to know if we go into a triangle. we may just rocket out of here, and that is what i am looking for. i have not sold on this correction, my boat is full., rocking back and forth, but full. and i aint selling yet. who knows the july doldrums could be over. almost everything has appreciated, and appreciated substanially these last 20years, except the pms. their time is not too far off. look @ a monthly chart, this last year looks like a platform, consolidation, for a big up move, dharma

rewind to what dharma wrote the other day, "corrections serve to confound and confuse". how true, thank you dharma

also thanks to thor, charmin (hurry back, there's mutiny in the air! :D ), tfh, ander, old habits, bv, ageka, & hadjin, 'the regulars' to this toxic water hole...someone should really check the mercury and cyanide levels.

and it's great to get camio appearances from: the coinguy, plantigrade, gold majestic, metamucil, and our e-woofer feedfool.

eventually we'll laugh at when there used to be "bearly 5 pages a week". old habits: you can put that one right along side "just one more low", haha.

NG doing well. :)?  (Finally)

Also, buy QEE.?  Please :D

.17-.18 needs to hold QEE I think Ander. The funny thing about the damn jrs. is they never run when they're supposed to and when you've given up on the sector they double. :blink:

I want my goldshares shaken not stirred :D

XAU:

Ominous 1-2/i-ii pattern setting up on the daily with potential MACD bearish divergence. If correct, it could be setting up a 3rd of a 3rd. Read Doc's P.M. commentary in the Examiner. The narrowing pattern in the Bollinger Bands, not shown, also indicate a big move coming.

Intra-day chart shows the limits to the count.

Overlap of 95.07 or 95.10 invalidates the count.

Overlap of 92.00 has iv overlapping i and turning blue wave C into a 3 wave pattern.

Overlap of 89.02 overlaps the origin of the C wave and signals the completion of the blue ABC correction.

post-1352-1123038178_thumb.png

post-1352-1123038196_thumb.png

The way things were going, I was thinking we'd be doing quarterlies b4 the year was out. The patterns and actions have me a little flummoxed at the mo. (Good shorting point in NEM.) However making money long or short at this time looks a tad tricky. Some stuff looks good then bad then good. Rotation pure and simple. Is no new money coming in? Is it summer nonsense? I wrote many many moons ago that summer was designed to deceive. Breakouts (usually) fail working just often enough that you can't trust them either way. Trends reverse then reverse again. Signals occur then immediately reverse. Seems the best way to handle it is kind of a summertime Groundhog Day-Reverse Hibernation scenario.

So as a good cave-dwelling gold bug bull bear, you sold your gold shares ahead of the tax season sell off then bought at the May lows for the Dover Sole rally then sold in late June ahead of the July smackdown. Then you wandered off to your cave for some well-earned rest. Long about mid-July, you yawned, stretched and wandered back out into the light to see what was happening. Well not much, but you try to stay awake in case there is a big fall rally coming early. But to no avail, by the time August rolls around and you've had 33 sessions trading within a 15 point range (Hooey), you are sound asleep. But you know it's Reverso_Groundhog Day and if something doesn't happen very very soon you're going back to bed until things get a little cooler.

Archived