Weekly Digger - July 18-23, 2005

hourly xau just flashed a buy signal. i am waiting. doesnt seem like enough time has elapsed.  the market has gone positive.  dharma

Maybe 1/4 of the way there. I use 65 minutes for ST. Zow has broken out (above 90) and MA has gone neutral. One for two.

On the Hooey no breakout, need 194+ for good break, and MA still falling.

Yesterday Zow broke up turned the MA to neutral then fell to close near the lows and the Hooey failed to even get its MA to stop falling. No hurry in my opinion. Looks like its working off the residual bullishness by the process of monetary transfer from the bull to the pig man.

I'm projecting the low for July 28th plus or minus.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GG:

Megaphone top and potential reverse symmetrical Triangle?

Note the flat MACD tops versus price's rising upper trendline.

And note the tiny fractal forming at the "e" wave.

If my analysis of this pattern is correct, GG's going to shed 25% of its value after it bounces off that upper trendline.

post-1352-1121832080_thumb.jpg

NEM:

I drew this chart as I like to trade NEM or NEM's options for short term moves. With op-ex for August expiring on the 20th, options are a very good alternative for short term swing trades.

The blue box (into which we place recycleable garbage) shows the 38.2-50% retracement level of the impulse down. Visually, resistance is more likely at $38.00.

post-1352-1121834129_thumb.jpg

Can somebody tell me what is the naked short threshold list ?

Found this dated 15 th july

www.buyins.net, announced today that these select companies have been added to the NASDAQ, AMEX and NYSE naked short threshold lists. Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ABR), B&H Ocean Carriers (AMEX: BHO), Insignia Solutions, Plc. (NASDAQ: INSG), Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE: KGC), Pioneer Co. (NASDAQ: PONR) and Teton Energy (AMEX: TEC). For a complete list of companies on the naked short lists please visit our web site.

fwiw, i got a buy signal short term on the hourlies, but didnt take it. i think that this correction has more to go in price and time. i am looking @ mid august and 88-86 w/an outside shot @85. then, well lets wait and see if this happens. i bought ivan this morning, it looks like its been in a big triangle on the weeklies. dharma

intraday.gif?s=NYBOT_DXY0&t=f&w=15&a=2&v=w

Reevaluated Yuan buys commodities from post-Bretton-Woods USD world with existing USD reserves, even if higher prices make U.S. buy less, as anyway Chinese USD reserves cannot buy significant U.S. companies.

USD falls from short squeeze/speculative/engineered top, maybe with international support @ USDI 80.

U.S. get what wished for :huh: .

Archived