???

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ABCNEWS/Money magazine Consumer Confidence Index, based on these ratings, stands at -21 on its scale of +100 to -100. It's been between -17 and -23 since Oct. 6, down from a recent peak of +1 last spring and an all-time high of +38 in January 2000.

TREND ? While confidence is weak, and well down from its peak, it's been far worse: The ABC/Money index hit an all-time low of -50 in February 1992, and averaged -44 across 1992, its worst year ever. Its best annual average was +29 in 2000; last year the index averaged -11, its worst since 1996. Its lifetime average since December 1985 is -9.

GROUPS ? As usual, confidence is higher among better-off Americans. The index stands at +6 among people in higher-income households compared to -61 in the lowest, -10 among college graduates while -37 among high-school dropouts, -16 among whites while -49 among blacks and -13 among men while -29 among women

Richmtn,

Those cans are way before my time but, I am sure glad I got to New York before Reingold, Piels and so many other only in NY things disappeared. So many have. The whole country is going vanilla. In my home town of Richmond, they had a local brew called Richbrau. Gone with the wind.

NYC is one of the last basttions of the U.S. that has not gone all plain vanilla. Most of our stores are still local. So are almost all the restaurants which serve food that is not pre prepared frozen nuked. The restaurants in my hood go in and out so fast that I don't even get a chance to try most of them.

The women have a choice of 50 different styles of black clothing. :lol:

I could go on. By the way have you ever been to The Lemon Ice King Of Corona. Now that's something. Or the Asian restaurants in Flushing, the Greek in Astoria the Russian in Breighton Beech. Of course if you want a cheese steak sandwich it's a couple of hours to Phiily.

As far as beer some of the new local brews are quite good. I like "Brooklyn" and "New Amsterdam".

Washington, Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The private group of economists that monitors the ups and downs of the U.S. economy is less inclined to say the recession that began in March 2001 is over because of the ``significant'' drop in employment in the last two months of 2002.

``Recent data confirm our earlier conclusion that additional time is needed to be confident about the interpretation of the movements of the economy last year and this year,'' the Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research said on its Web site.

The latest statement replaces one the committee adopted in May and maintained through December. The group had said economic data signaled the latest recession ``may have come to an end.'' The six-member committee is the accepted arbiter of when recessions start and end.

U.S. Economists Panel Backs Off Saying Recession Over

Guest The CoinGuy

Thanks Fokker,

"Holding as a liability", didn't think about that, hey if it's good for the electronics peddlers, why not automakers? Well, I might just have to help them take a few liabilities off the books.

:D

TCG

Rog,

Are you sure about this 400% rebate with GM cards? I have 5k on my card, and am "currently" looking for a new summer car(leaning towards a Corvette)...Do you have a link? Sounds to good to be true, but I'm sure hoping it is.

At first glance, this sounds more than desperate, it sounds suicidal...

TCG

CG,

There are limits, but the deal is good till 01/31. I don't have a link unfortunately. I have confirmed the promotion with GM investor relations. The amount should be reflected on your next GMcard statement.

Two notes

BARE... can you translate?

Anyone else listen to CrawFURd's 2:20 daily hotline? Gotta Q FUR ya if ya doo-doo.

Also... if there was a commercial for channeling stocks.com, it would be the Q's today.

Channel is in uptrend now still....

SG sitting on short position....

Archived