"Now that was fun."

HUI powers to a 5-month high, confirming strength in the precious metals.

Devaluation coming ...  :unsure:

:huh:

Please, how do you "devalue" a floating currency?

Obviously, the dollar can't be devalued formally, as under fixed exchange rates.

However, China CAN formally stop pegging and let the yuan float ... which indirectly devalues the dollar.

That's the consensus going into the G7+1 festival this weekend. If they don't announce a devaluation/unpegging or some derivative thereof (which is my guess) then there could be quite the panic in cylicals and materials.

My question is why would China unpeg at this point? They are dependent on exports to the US and Asia, which is also dependent on the US, therefore they are entirely dependent on the US. They have a much more efficient way of getting rid of uspesos which is to buy hard goods and assets. This month alone they purchased $9b worth of companies outside of China. Add in a few billion for their SPR and other commodities and the total quickly overtakes the $10.5b monthly surplus with the US.

China is slowly bleeding this country dry. Japan and other countries can complain all they want, doesn't mean that China will give up this sweet deal.

China won't unpeg, that's for sure.

Revalue against the dollar or shift the peg to a currency basket.

The latter if the Chinese think the export-to-America game has run its course, and that other parts of the world will prove more fertile future markets.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the consensus going into the G7+1 festival this weekend. If they don't announce a devaluation/unpegging or some derivative thereof (which is my guess) then there could be quite the panic in cylicals and materials.

My question is why would China unpeg at this point? They are dependent on exports to the US and Asia, which is also dependent on the US, therefore they are entirely dependent on the US. They have a much more efficient way of getting rid of uspesos which is to buy hard goods and assets. This month alone they purchased $9b worth of companies outside of China. Add in a few billion for their SPR and other commodities and the total quickly overtakes the $10.5b monthly surplus with the US.

China is slowly bleeding this country dry. Japan and other countries can complain all they want, doesn't mean that China will give up this sweet deal.

I agree. The "post-G7-dollar-devaluation/depreciation" trade is bunk, in my view. I will fade it. Could be wrong, of course, but I will still fade it.

China won't unpeg, that's for sure.

Revalue against the dollar or shift the peg to a currency basket. 

The latter if the Chinese think the export-to-America game has run its course, and that other parts of the world will prove more fertile future markets.

The IMF / World Bank / Plutocrat crowd are big advocates of floating rates.

They dream of China opening its capital account ... so Goldman Sucks et al can put China through the 'process' that LatAm, S.E. Asia and Russia have undergone.

Pump and dump, dump and pump ... ;)

HUI powers to a 5-month high, confirming strength in the precious metals.

Devaluation coming ...  :unsure:

:huh:

Please, how do you "devalue" a floating currency?

Obviously, the dollar can't be devalued formally, as under fixed exchange rates.

However, China CAN formally stop pegging and let the yuan float ... which indirectly devalues the dollar.

A voice of reason in the wilderness.

When will the PTB realize that we are deep into WWIII and our main enemy is China? China of course is viewed as a backwards, primitive, Commie-run country full of, what else, Chinese. Fact is long before there was us there was China. In fact long before just about everything else there was China.

Bleeding us dry - that's just the beginning - they are fighting us on our own turf and beating the hell out of us while we chase Arabs in the desert.

So much for the power of an internet based service economy. This is going to come to a bad end. But WTFDIK.

here we have Merck weekly log chart:

This thing is in an clear downtrend sicne 2000, when others rallied it wasnt even able to make a 50% retrace, breached 38 fibo slightly then went down again (big red circle). Those who follow the rule that one shouldnt be long in a stock below 50 weekly SMA are since a ling time out of Merck (you can use simply the MACD 12,26,9 on weeklies for that, is almost the same like 50 SMA and a bit smoother). So smart people are since over 1 year out of this stock.

Short term low could be more or less in (see the channel projection), but longer term target should be the fat blue lower channel line.

post-3-1096557279.gif

Alexis' breasts look especially large under that leather jacket.................

:D :D :D

Must have been Maria's worst nightmare come true when the lovely Alexis joined Crapvision.

One looks fresh and young then other, well that's a personal decision as to what adjective you use but hag works well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Incidently Emma Crosby is now an anchor on Sky News is the UK and Europe.

Guest bullseatshitndie
here we have Merck weekly log chart:

This thing is in an clear downtrend sicne 2000, when others rallied it wasnt even able to make a 50% retrace, breached 38 fibo slightly then went down again (big red circle). Those who follow the rule that one shouldnt be long in a stock below 50 weekly SMA are since a ling time out of Merck (you can use simply the MACD 12,26,9 on weeklies for that, is almost the same like 50 SMA and a bit smoother). So smart people are since over 1 year out of this stock.

Short term low could be more or less in (see the channel projection), but longer term target should be the fat blue lower channel line.

i'm a buyer of mrk at 3 :lol:

this industry will crash like tech

post-3-1096557697.png

Archived