"Now that was fun."

Why is the dollar getting bombed??

I can't find any news.

wndysrf,

Might have been the weekly jobless claims #, it was weaker than expected (increase of 18,000 to 369,000, consensus was around 345,000)

Soft patch continues!

Not the jobless number - it started crashing at 7AM EST and continued down for about 30 minutes. I haven't a clue why - stool happens I guess. Someone somewhere made a huge buy of some currency (sold dollars) and the dominoes all fell down.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder where the Fumble Managers will be scrambling to?

MRK proceeds to be Riverboated where??

Probably the Semis.....

Note that AMKR was down 4% last night on the AEIS warning, this morning its up 6%.

I guess the Fumble Managers they can "catch up" from a 20% hit on MRK by Dryhumping some Low Grade Soap Opera Queens for a 20% gain in a week..............

No news

Month-end position squaring. Stops at the figure 1.24 in euro as k/o options get knocked out. Bonds selling off on little news

Month end funnies mostly

yes.

You can add to that, that of course on last day of the month it is very easy to "paint" the monthly candle, espacially if during the whole motnh the range was tight.

Wonder where the Fumble Managers will be scrambling to?

MRK proceeds to be Riverboated where??

Probably the Semis.....

Note that AMKR was down 4% last night on the AEIS warning, this morning its up 6%.

I guess the Fumble Managers they can "catch up" from a 20% hit on MRK by Dryhumping some Low Grade Soap Opera Queens for a 20% gain in a week..............

AMKR had their own warning (or did it have something to do with AEIS?):

Amkor Technology Lowers 3Q Outlook

"Our revenue shortfall in the third quarter was due to declining customer forecasts during the quarter and lower-than-expected support of these forecasts, which we believe reflects an industrywide inventory correction that has distorted the normal seasonal trends in our business," president and chief operating officer John Boruch said in a release. "Our view is that the semiconductor industry is experiencing a classical correction, and it is unclear at this time when business will improve."

Amkor said its gross margin shortfall in the quarter resulted from the lower revenue stream, and from the fact that it the product mix did not improve as expected.

I prefer rock corrections myself, but when it comes to semis "corrections" take time

Archived