Daily Digger - Wetnoseday Slept 1, '04

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tig, thanks for the coal companies. ARLP has been my favorite.

Great divvy, although FDG gets the nod from me as the payout is a little bit more and in Loonies.

I added some CNX a couple days back as it seems a good value here by my estimation. I do l;ove the coals here.

Also pay attention to the natty gassers as this is the time of year when they tend to heat up and prices have held firm above $5. I added to my ECA holdings this morning and want to put EOG back in the ports as well in the near term.

OZN has partnerships with GFI and IAG, I just figured if those two are getting together and GFI already holds shares of OZN it may just make sense to take them out. They are looking to grow into a producer in West Africa and has structured their deals to make sure of it.

Ill post more afterhours when I have a moment to go into detail. For now I just would love to see my other 4500 fill at 0.89....

Thanks, Tig. You're very diversified. I hear you and OH talking about OZN, and I looked at the chart, which isn't looking bad. Just don't know anything about the fundamentals. Maybe you could fill me in a bit.

Thor hasn't left any on NEM today :unsure:

We've recouped some losses on the HUI, but are below opening.

post-11-1094060358_thumb.gif

I might be completely wrong entering the market now. But the Dollar break on the upside came with higher copper stock prices, which simply can't be.

As AB pointed out oil may have peaked for the cycle. This relieves equitymarkets from pressure, which meshes nicely with higher prices for copper stocks.

In conclusion, I have to believe that the Dollar should go down imminently. But I've been wrong before a million times.

Hello Moon,

Currently I'm long, with some cash on the sidelines. Overall bullish, BUT we could mark some time and/or experience a pullback of a few points in the indexes to complete a small a-b-c down. I have a strong opinion on both.

If we are marking time, I'm looking for action in the next couple of days to the upside which should be a sign of strength. If we pull back a few points I believe it will be for technical reasons, not the fundamentals(secondary opinion), it will be also be in preparation for the mark up phase. Now is a time to be adding positions not taking them off, is my opinion.

I've also been looking at a few other sectors: Nat Gas, coal, copper, and uranium for the most part. Been doing research on the Canadians in these sectors as well.

currently long the following issues in the metals trading account:

GSS and NXG are my largest positions:

CoinGuy's List

Of course this could change at anytime. :rolleyes:

Best,

The CoinGuy

Thanks TCG. Very clear. Don't hesitate to share with us your takes on coal, uranium and copper. Oh, one thing I meant to ask you still....why do you not trade online :(

BTW, I should congratulate Thor on his daycall of monday. That call could not have been any sharper. He's the only one I know who is able of doing stuff like that.

If Old Habits shows up, maybe he could tell us, what other stocks besides KRY and OZN, Bishop is recommending.

Thanks, Tig. You're very diversified. I hear you and OH talking about OZN, and I looked at the chart, which isn't looking bad. Just don't know anything about the fundamentals. Maybe you could fill me in a bit.

We have 32 open positions here and when you think about it, not all that diversified as 41.5% of the port is involved in digging something out of the ground and selling it.

Regarding OZN, they are an explorer so there are no fundamentals to speak of really.

Who is Bishop btw?

Archived