"It does now"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bullseatshitndie

here they come right on schedule to bust to highs on the day during the proverbial take out stops during lunchtime. a 1300 tick coming

I have decided to cancel whatever DSL order I have and will probably go broadband,,,,just as cheap and faster....also have drafted letters to the better business bureau to see if we can get reimbursed for the charges ....

I'm no fan of cable companies, but our cable broadband service has been mostly troublefree, both in set-up and operation.

DSL, I wouldn't touch even if it were FREE. Too many horror stories like yours.

Have you ever noticed that your local phone bill is the only invoice that provides NO MAILING ADDRESS for disputes? They don't 'do' written disputes, and will actually return letters if you try to write to them.

Telcos are sick, sick dinosaurs, and I hope they all die in pits of molten sulfur, with thunderous groans and thrashings of their long green tails.

Death to the telcos! :angry:

Have to agree. I found DSL service spottier and slower than cable.

In fact, my cable provider is that one called Adelphia that was run by a bunch of crooks who used corporate money to build themselves private golf courses and stuff.

I think I've had 4 down days with in the past year, which for me is acceptable: it's usually only a few hours, and they will credit my bill for those days when I call and complain.

DSL is very sensitive to the distance from the telco's equipment - if you're close it can work fine, near or beyond the edge and it can suck right away or work fine for a while then suddenly get flaky one day. Had the latter happen to a company I was working with, and after it stopped working the telco was never able to restore the service, even though it had worked fine for months.

Archived