Technically Telling Thursday Aug 26

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok......I hate to ask this, but recent action requires I do so.......

.....Can the Broad Markets advance into the election from here without further deterioration ?........in effect, Can there be a 9month/20week cycle INVERSION with low volume attending the price action?......... :blink:

Before I go to sleep here's what I see. First of all I know many of you are long PMS stocks and don't want to read a lot of crap about them going down. Well, skip the rest of this post then.

The US$ Index: Looks good to rise. Maybe even a dramatic breakout.

The $Yiro: Looks good to fall and possibly a long way.

$Gold: Long term still no proof that gold's rise is anything but a bulk standard 8 year cycle and we is in the 5 year bear phase. No further high soon then IMO we go down. Short term I also see wobbliness.

$Silver: Just helped DrAu to add a 1 year daily of this important metal. I certainly don't like these little humpy patterns unlike the nice clean rise of last year. Looks bearish to me and rolly and near term only mid way in a short cycle decline. A couple of closes below the 50dEMA would not do it any good. Today looks key here.

$Hooey et al: Okay nice day Tuesday bouncing up off the breakout line and this is bullish. However, this broad body bullish candle reversal could flame out in 0-2 days. Again today looks to be significant.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled bullishness.

Reactions to John Embry:

Has anyone heard of any reaction to John Embry's report. Has it been covered in the US media? So far it's been on RobTV here in Canada.

It would be nice for a senator to pick it up and make Greenspan squeal with questions he hasn't rehearsed for.

AGEKA - I wonder if you've seen this. I came upon it quite by accident.

Kies Uw Taal

It obviously means Select Your Language as the English translation is right beside it but I can see Uw as Your and Taal as Tell or Talk but Kies? The best I could come up with was Guess - or - Guess Your Talk. I stuck the phrase in Babel for Dutch to English, they have no Flem and got Molar Your Language. Molar? That's a back tooth! :lol:

Pretty firm bounce yesterday. Wasn't active yesterday, although tempted to buy DROOY. (jumped 8%) But the Dollar situation seemed pretty balanced, and besiodes, I still have core holdings. (NG, NXG, FR.V, NSU.TO)

I scaled out at 211 and at 202, selling for an average of 206.(all HUI) However, for the moment I think to only take trading postions with a HUI close over 212. Achieving a close above that mark, turns the risk reward very attractive for the HUI to trade upto 230-340, in the weeks thereafter. (from atechnical perspective that is)

In other words, the points from here to 212 on the HUI might be expensive.

post-11-1093512387_thumb.png

AGEKA - I wonder if you've seen this. I came upon it quite by accident.

Kies Uw Taal

It obviously means Select Your Language as the English translation is right beside it but I can see Uw as Your and Taal as Tell or Talk but Kies? The best I could come up with was Guess - or - Guess Your Talk. I stuck the phrase in Babel for Dutch to English, they have no Flem and got Molar Your Language. Molar? That's a back tooth! :lol:

kies = tooth or molar

kies ( verb kiezen ) is the intruction form " choose "

Taal = Language

And yes , these translation programs often do not understand the difference between a name and a verb

they should know that a sentence without a verb is unlikely

Therefore I always ask translation in English and afterwards in French ( since most do not know Dutch or Flemish )

GM....

"Gold is a perplexing situation," said John Person, head anal cyst at Infinity Brokerage Services. "The [yields] on the 10- and 30-year bond are down, so this may be an influencing factor supporting gold," he said, adding that the situation "lends to the theory that the Fed may be on hold from raising rates."

"Equities are also a concern as this is typically the seasonal time frame for a sell-off lasting until mid-October," he said. "That may be attracting some safe haven buying from investors, [which] would also explain why gold is near its three-month highs."

Tracking inventories, copper supplies were down 564 short tons at 66,413 short tons as of late Tuesday, according to Nymex. Silver stocks were down 580,112 troy ounces at 109.6 million, while gold inventories stood at 4.79 million troy ounces, up 8,406 troy ounces from the previous day.

Hi Moon Man

I read that newlettre writers are overly optimistic and then I read a long rebuttal that said those people were not representative of the goldbug community and to look at COT

Archived