Miner's Lady (Fri Aug 20 + Weekend)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sterling!

The pound price and aussie price of gold have actually been in a bear market the last couple years. The worse gold performers next to the Rand price. It would be good to see some confirmation in those currencies. And the Euro, which makes me comfortable as long as the price is over 330 in Euros.

I never owned any physical to be honest. I don't know why. I still remember that Thor once said he bought some. I'm interested to hear why and how people buy physical gold and perhaps silver. And how this proportionates to their gold stock portofolio's. Sometimes, I think I should use 10% of my money and buy physical with it.

Any thoughts?

I own physical and treat it as an insurance policy. Currently about 16% of my liquid assets are in gold and silver bullion. Nothing special, mainly PCGS-69 Eagles now, but I do have a variety. Maples are by far my favorites as they are just pure in appearance and content and they make up the gold along with Phils, Pandas, Kangaroos, bars and a few Krugs. I also hold physical silver in 10 and 100 ounce bars...holding 6.857 pounds of silver in your hand is a nice feeling.

I plan on bringing my allocation higher in the coming months (up to 20-25%) as gold is probably rangebound for the next few years. I also dont plan on ever selling it all, as I will unload a bunch in 4 digits on a parabolic spike and keep the rest in the family forever. Started buying in '02 and havent found a reason to stop doing so yet so I continue...

To me, not only are the precious metals beautiful in their appearance, but also in their timelessness. I figure if I could walk into a bar and get a drink with it 200 years ago and could do the same thing today (and get a boatload more drinks!), why wouldnt my kid's kid's kids be able to do so in another hundred.

This one of mine is out of the box. If it manages to close above C$ 2.30 it could go places next week. (USD equivalent 1.75)

Of all the gold mining stocks out there, NXG is the one I most want to see succeed. It is not my largest position (NEM), but I am impressed with everything they have done.

Take a great bankrupt mine, creditors take control, creditors install quality management from affiliated mining companies, mine becomes profitable, creditors sell stake to let the little pup run on its own.

Its a hollywood success story so far....

Gold moved in all major currencies today!

Lesson 9,642: Well goobers, please don't take this wrong way but generally, anytime gold outperforms the world reserve currency, the US dollar, on a day that the world reserve currency closes up, you'll find that gold also outperforms all major currencies who trade against the world reserve currency. Given these circumstances, it would be surprizing if it didn't do so. B)

Later tonight or possibly tomorrow when I have some time, I'll try posting a few charts to help explain why gold will continue to head up without beating the dead horse, US dollar ? aside from occasional bear market relief rallies, it's toast.

Thanks TCG. Nice list and good to have another 'regular' on board. Thnaks TOB(Tig 'Ol Bitties), and would like to continue the NGX debate on monday. That'd be greatly appreciated, GM.

Friday, the HUI made a high of 211, fell back to 205, and closed at 209. There are two bullish scenario's to consider at the moment, IMO.

1) We almost go up in a straight line to the target area of 230-240.

2) We backtest the lineair support area around 202.

post-11-1093081267_thumb.png

Didn't do a lot, but sold some GSS and HMY in the morning, and rotated into NSU.TO in the afternoon. The Moonbag now holds NG, NXG, HMY, GSS, AUY, NSU.TO and FR.V.

Quite a number of my stocks were sold off into the closing. Maybe I should have sold some more. Then again, I still perceive the greater risk to be out of the market at the moment.

See you on monday in the office, goobers.

post-11-1093082112_thumb.png

Archived