Miner's Lady (Fri Aug 20 + Weekend)

No Golden Sunsets.

"I was loopin' for the Dalai Lama ...

... a big hitter was the Lama.

When we were finished he tried to stiff me. I said, Hey how about something, you know, for the effort. He said, I won't give you any money but when you die you will receive total consciousness so I got that going for me."

Or how about this thought. Sure you just keep printing dollars like there's no tomorrow and we promise to keep accepting them for our oil. It's just we're going to require a whole lot more of them. :rolleyes: Oil Shock or simply out of control hyperinflation.

Like or dislike this guys message it is best to try and absorb what this guying is espousing.

Mineweb

And one more to add to the list of $ rally worry warts!

Blog thinks you should enjoy the PMS rally cause it won't last.

The smelly dog's post spurred me to draw up this chart of NEM. I don't see yesterday's move as a true breakout. Sure there's a breakaway gap and a new high but there was no 2 point line to break through. I think this breakout is from the moving average not the previous high. I think the real breakout was a few days ago. So I'm not sure what else I'm trying to show. All the other breakouts led to failures but of course this one is different. If NEM is to move higher,at least one breakout has to work. Or maybe if this one is for real there really wouldn't be much of a pullback and just when you're almost ready to pull the trigger and she's gone, NEM in the sky with diamonds.

post-11-1092983480.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without naming names, this gold shares market has snookered almost all of you.

Admit it.

We have broken out big time.

I doubt whether this is true. If Bernard had counted the bullish versus the bearish here, then he had found out that most were in fact bullish. Anyway, a major function of this pms thread is to gather different opinions. The following quote is very applicable to all here, because as traders, we're all wrong at some point.

"We are all defined by how fast we rise, after we've fallen", By Marcus Aurelius

Ageka, how much physical do you owe compared to gold stocks? (including coins and bullion)

Because of the lousy performance of stocks this year

In euro terms I have roughly

1/3 In physical gold

1/3 In Au,HMY and KGC

1/3 In 14 days deposit at 2% rent

Up to now AU has given me more dividend then I get rent on my money

KGC is a real dog ( I bought Echo Bay )

I do not know about HMY ( I bought avgold )

But I cannot be shaken out of this mix like I was allready twice in my life shaken out of the EOE (european option exchange)

So I sit and wait with 2009-2011 as long term targets based on my resume of all the Kondratieff stories I read :grin:

I never owned any physical to be honest. I don't know why. I still remember that Thor once said he bought some. I'm interested to hear why and how people buy physical gold and perhaps silver. And how this proportionates to their gold stock portofolio's. Sometimes, I think I should use 10% of my money and buy physical with it.

Any thoughts?

I never owned any physical to be honest. I don't know why. I still remember that Thor once said he bought some. I'm interested to hear why and how people buy physical gold and perhaps silver. And how this proportionates to their gold stock portofolio's. Sometimes, I think I should use 10% of my money and buy physical with it.

Any thoughts?

I told this story before

My grandfather had a lot of 20$ eagles

He rented a car and chauffeur ; had the coins sewn into the hem of my mothers and grandmothers skirts

And saved himself and my mother by living out WWII in the South of France

whilst my father to be; spend vacation time on a German farm were he was allowed to eat all the grass and worms and crawlies and cats he could get

From my 12 th year on my grandfather gave me a 20$ at every birthday untill I was 21 B)

Three years after my father died of old age Germany started to repay damages to the cripled survivalists of WWII ; my father qualified but for one little problem ; he was dead

You have quite a conservative allocation, which may very well serve your purposes. Myself, I'm a bit more aggressive.

But those eagles you got from your grandfather, how fast did they appreciate in value? Let's say over 50 years of time. I just wonder, because I don't know anything about stuff like that.

You have quite a conservative allocation, which may very well serve your purposes. Myself, I'm a bit more aggressive.

But those eagles you got from your grandfather, how fast did they appreciate in value? Let's say over 50 years of time. I just wonder, because I don't know anything about stuff like that.

Well they went from 4000 Belgian Francs to 8000 then down substantilly then up to 16000 bf and down substantilly and then to 32000 bef and down and down and down

I sold half of all my gold to buy an house ( about 15-20% below peak price )

The eagles are now around 450 Euros ( they are now numismatics )

So did I loose 50% or gain 400% over 25 years ?

I do not know , but I lost 70 000 gulden in options in 1980-1985 ; gold is a stable base for a bad rainy day <_<

Ask me again when the price is quadruppled again :P

Moon - that's a little SCARY! I've always said, "if I got what I deserved.... anyway a good day if you were long gold, silver and pm's. What I'm surprised about is that now we've quote "broken resistance" more charties aren't yelling BUY!

OH, many say indeed we've broke resistance, but frankly, I don't see it that way. Obviousely, there are always multiple ways to interpret charts, but I think the big one to crack is 210-212. But as usual, we'll see whether that is, or snot.

post-11-1092996355_thumb.png

Moon - that's a little SCARY! I've always said, "if I got what I deserved.... anyway a good day if you were long gold, silver and pm's. What I'm surprised about is that now we've quote "broken resistance" more charties aren't yelling BUY!

OH, many say indeed we've broke resistance, but frankly, I don't see it that way. Obviousely, there are always multiple ways to interpret charts, but I think the big one to crack is 210-212. But as usual, we'll see whether that is, or snot.

It is very remarkeble that now that goldshares have a few good days the German anal cysts are totally quiet :unsure:

You have quite a conservative allocation, which may very well serve your purposes. Myself, I'm a bit more aggressive

Well my bank thinks otherwise

They think I am a daredevil buying goldmines and not their silly clickfunds were your losses are limited ( as well as your gains ) and they get 2% managing fees

They do not even know what physical gold is : I had to pass four telephone calls to find out what gold they had and what price and the first thing they said was there were better ways to participate in any eventual posssibel if it comes gold up period

Actually I'm not terribly fussed if my delivery is liked or not. I like it ...

Yeah OK, but you're not at the receiving end...

....and hopefully there are others who don't take me too seriously and enjoy my pithiness.?

No need for worries here....

Reading through this thread is often wetter than a wet weekend. At least I brighten the place up.?

You call us boring?

I really don't intend to alter my style much. If it's not appreciated then I can easily go, pass into infamy and be forgotten. And not one hair will I lose in the process.

That's easy to say when you wear a wig.

ABSOLUTELY NO MALICE INTENDED. Let's face it, whether it's Thor or not, since he returned, the thread has turned for the better. Let's all loosen up a bit. It's just for fun, dudes. :) And I like Thor his postings.

Archived