Miner's Lady (aka Daily Digger) Wed Aug 18

This might be the calm before the storm in the commodities markets. Maybe we have come down to retest some points of breakout before moving higher like 1976 in Gold. I would feel more comfortable long side when we take out the mid 90's highs in the softs and grains though.

Buy (short) the rumor and sell (cover) the news!

For weeks and months Cotton, Corn, Beans, Bean Meal & Oil have collapsed in anticipation of a great growing season and thus large bumper crops. Last Thursday the August crop report was released and in the Case of Corn and Cotton, showed abundant crops. The Bean report showed a crop a bit smaller than expected but still a large crop. The expectation of good crops, which caused large traders to short these markets months ago, became a reality. Smaller traders trading off of the news got hit hard. All of these markets bottomed out on the exact date of this report or very near it. The reality is that the crops themselves have not changed in the past seven days, but the big players appear to be getting out and driving prices higher at the same time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the situation in Venezuela, where BTW, I have no political opinion about. But it's clear to me that the CIA is trying to get rid of this Chavez fellow, and that this is miserably failing. I really think that some of these CIA operatives should go back to the Freshman course of "how to conduct a coup d'etat". They need to be drilled by someone like Headmaster GM, because this is really amateur stuff.

Maxxi, any thoughts on EWD?

I didn't even know there was an i-share for the Swedish Stock Market :)

At the market top Ericy used to make up about 40% of the index.

These days that number has to be significantly lower.

The chart looks good but all major indices are rolling over and there's no way a stock market in the periphery of the global capitalist system can withstand a bear market on Wall Street.

When Wall Street catches a cold the rest of the world catches pneumonia.

As things stand now I want to see prices inching higher into op ex and get short the SPX at around 1100, which is also max pain.

post-11-1092826569_thumb.jpg

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Just a reminder. Unless the publisher gives you permission to repost the work, reposting third party material in full is a violation of copyright. Please, just post a snippet, which should be no more than two paragraphs, and a link to the source.

I didn't even know there was an i-share for the Swedish Stock Market :)

At the market top Ericy used to make up about 40% of the index.

These days that number has to be significantly lower.

You see that's why I thought, I better run this by you. Another interesting iShares fund is the EWO. It's a conservative way to play Eastern Europe.

post-11-1092838016_thumb.png

NEM: Gave a long set up this morning and a pretty good one on a short sharp pullback to the midpoint but no confirmation. Now going sideways. Better to be long than short here IMO. However, I hesitated for a second and missed the trade Que sera. Not too worry as lots of action (not in superconductors but semiconductors) Silicon, the "other" white meat.

SMH: Gave a long set up on a gap down open and a quick move back into yesterday's range. Looked so good I bought it without waiting for the close to get taken out which it did immediately then off to the races. Closed this trade at the top of yesterday's range then reopened long on the continuation after some consolidation. Presently chipping away at a gap formed on August 11th. Got halfway through so far.

NEM: Dateline Wall Street: ThorAss'sss early hesitation pays dividends. Well we're not at the Stop but we're bloody close. Too far too fast again I guess.

SMH: Started to look a little wobbly at the halfway point of the gap. Closed my long near the period high then she drifted right off. Told my girlfriend it looked a little wobbly. Do you know what wobbly means I enquired? Yes, like a Punjabi's head. :lol:

Editor: The author would like to apologise to any persons of a Punjabi distraction and asserts he loves them all , finds them quite cute and eats their food every Saturday night. :wub:

Believe I may have drifted off topic there momentarily.

Sorry.

Looks like gold probably needs to at least do a little back and filling, retest 400? Besides Mahendra needs to be proven totally wrong on his outrageous prediction or possibly the world will shift on its axis or at least my perception of reality will.

Archived