Miner's Lady (aka Daily Digger) Wed Aug 18

Ageka, you told us that you were kicked off the Golden Eagle site. Just yesterday I drove on my cyberscooter there, and found there one of the most impossible formats I ever seen. I noticed a few gold goobers, but could not get used to the way the site was designed. Then I drove to another yahoo Board, but that was truly sad. If you'd dropped the wholy grail there, they would play soccer with it.

This is still the best place I think. Any thoughts?

Moon Man this is the best place to be for investment ideas. Where else can you find so many great minds to fade? Some other sites tend to attract the lunatic fringe but most here seem to have their heads on straight. Thanks to the Doc. Maybe someone can help with a question I have had since Doc's nice bottom pick in the HUI last week. Since their is no way to trade the HUI how does one buy at specific buy points in that index? NEM? The only pure Gold Index play I know of is through Profund's 150% long XAU Index. Anyone else know of any other pure index plays?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would rather burn my money in the fireplace than let anything as unscientific and bogus as astrology make my investment decisions for me. Mahendra is a quack and a fraud and doesn't deserve even a cursory glance. Not that Mahendra is alone. All astrologers are frauds. But some people raised to accept things on faith seem to be comforted by it.

If enough people believe him

he can move the price

I believe in selffulfilling prophecies ;)

Okay this is a very good point but do you really think he has that kind of following? It is true that anything that enough people believe in will influence the market but maybe not the way they expect. I think it's more likely that old Mahendra is using some TA or fundamentals or sentiment or such to make his predictions than just tailors the astrology to fit around it. Therefore, he is bringing nothing new to the table except misinformation. This is obviously just my opinion.

Thanks TFH. I can see that you have a lot of board experience.

BTW, I've read once on the thread that you were a female. Don't get this the wrong way, but your TA is at a "male level". Your analysis on SSRI has been flawless of late. We had another female here named Crouching Tigresse, but she has gone for a while. She was cool too, and I hope she comes back.

Thanks TFH. I can see that you have a lot of board experience.

BTW, I've read once on the thread that you were a female. Don't get this the wrong way, but your TA is at a "male level". Your analysis on SSRI has been flawless of late. We had another female here named Crouching Tigresse, but she has gone for a while. She was cool too, and I hope she comes back.

When I first started posting here on Goldstool the thing was female avatars. So I guess I'm stuck with Liv Tyler. Nice thought huh? Not a whole lot of female posters anywhere I've been. Must be a guy thing.

Speaking of females I was checking out the gymnastic events last night. Those girls are amazing athletes. Imagine the positions. :o :D

Perhaps Fidelity is getting out...

08/13 16:56 Fidelity Sells Shares of Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd.

BOSTON, Aug. 13 /CNW/ -- Fidelity Management & Research Company and Fidelity Management Trust Company, of 82 Devonshire Street, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, as well as Fidelity International Limited of 42 Crow Lane, Pembroke, Bermuda (hereinafter referred to as "Fidelity") announce that certain fund accounts for which Fidelity serves as investment adviser have sold 427,200 shares of Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd. Common stock. Fidelity had control but not ownership of those shares. As a result of the sale, Fidelity holds 8,812,566 shares (or 10.26%) of Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd's common stock and warrants convertible to common stock. Fidelity's sale of Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd's common stock was executed on the New York Stock Exchange.

Okay this is a very good point but do you really think he has that kind of following?

First he no longer posts in crude English but has a guy proofreading his posts ( that means money )

Second he his quoted on most boards as very very good , almost reverently so

The only other guys saying he is not what he seems was on Kitco

Third I understand he is starting his own fund , and maybe he will buy what he predicts

Weird! Just came across this in my reading. Here's a guy I formerly respected giving Mahendra 2 thumbs up and suggesting a market strategy based on his predictions. Great!

Ackerman on Mahendra

I don't know where this Mahendra guy came from. When I first picked up on him my take was that this crap he pukes up comes from his dreams and not the study of charts of any kind. Using TA to piss your hard earned money away is lame enough but can you imagine anyone scarfing up this junk? It boggles the mind.

........sorry GM......won't touch anything Ivanhoe......Hypester runs it........and heck man, THERE'S NOT EVEN A ROAD INTO THE AREA........the most god-forsaken remote area on earth.........too many $$ to just get it ready to mine.......and still there's the Hypester.........

"Hypester?" Okay-I'll take the bait, but I realize casting pearls before goobers gets one nowhere. I usually wouldn't bother or waiste my time, because unless one goes through the work of figuring out for himself a great set-up, it won't be appreciated or acted upon. So don't expect any rebuttals from me -all I can say is that - you snooze you lose on this one.

Okay - you ever heard of Diamond Fields Resources or Fairbanks Gold? Do you think those projects were "hype?" I met your so called "hypester" in '92 and made my first real fortune as a shareholder under his guidance. Yeah, I got "hyped" and made a fortune doing so. "Hypester" is absolutely brilliant and makes 99% of his contemporaries look like incompetent fools. Friedland is not only loyal to his shareholders, knows how to run a company, but most importantly knows how to make money for his investors. He's certainly envied - I'll give you that much. What are your qualifications for judging his performance? Have you funded, developed and sold any billion dollar companies lately?

"THERE'S NOT EVEN A ROAD INTO THE AREA"

"the most god-forsaken remote area on earth"

Say what? You need to recheck your sources. The high elevation mountanous terrain lies to the North and West. The southern part of the Gobi desert plateau just 50 miles north of the Chinese border where TH is located is very flat with a hard-pack gravel-covered surface and about 3,000 feet in elevation. There is road access from Ulaanbaatar direct to the south about 12 hours. (Sure the road will need to be improved-BIG DEAL-the modest capital cost of upgrading it will be funded by the Chinese government). There is also an airstrip at the site. The Trans-Mongolian Railway that links Mongolia to Russia and China lies about 200 miles east of the property. The TransChina Rail line is approximately 90 miles south of the border. A diesel power station is located 30 miles east in Handbogd with the regional provincial capital located at Dalanzadgad 110 miles to the northwest. There is also plentiful, near-surface-cheap water. Unlike South America there is no building of rairoads through high elevation, steep mountainous terrain only to load it onto ships destined for faraway seaports in asia to have it processed. Turquoise Hill is very close by rail to the major industrial cities of the world's largest consumer of copper, China. That is called brilliant, strategic location of a mine if I ever one existed.

A Quick Overview:

A two-stage build out of the TH project. Construction of a plant to process 20 MT of ore per year followed by a second stage addition to expand production to 40 MT per year.

Construction of an open-pit operation would begin in '05 and the first copper-concentrate shipments would be expected in '07.

The Goods:

TH inferred resources total 41.2 billion lbs of copper and 15.7 million oz of gold plus indicated resources of an additional 4.6 billion lbs of copper and 9.7 million oz of gold.

Hugo North Deposit, just one of five copper and gold deposits discovered to date at TH contains:

-Inferred resources of 666 million tonnes, grading 1.46% copper and 0.34 grams of gold (g/t) per tonne (a copper equivalent grade of 1.68%), at a 0.60% copper equivalent cut off

-Approximately 21.4 billion pounds (9.7 million tonnes) of copper

-7.3 million ounces of gold

Hugo Dummett Deposit currently 1.16 billion tonnes grading 1.29% copper and 0.23 grams of gold (g/t) per tonne (a copper equivalent grade of 1.44%) at a 0.60% copper equivalent cut off. The combined resource just at Hugo now contains approximately 33 billion pounds of copper and 8.58 million ounces of gold.

That's a lot of copper - that's a lot of gold! AND TH Drilling is ongoing. We're NOW waiting on tomorrow's new resource estimate updating the November '03 numbers above!

Currently:

-feasibility study is underway due in '05

-pre-feasibility study of underground block-cave mining at the Hugo Deposit

What Else You Ask?:

Mongolia

1. Ivanhoe not only has a 100% interest in TH but also has additional exploration rights covering 110,000 sq km in central and southern Mongolia where additional copper and gold discoveries have been made.

2. Ivanhoe produces LME grade A copper from its Monywa joint venture in Myanmar and iron ore products from ABM Mining's Savage River mine in Australia

3. Ivanhoe has ownership in the following companies:

-Asia Gold Corp-51.1%

-Jinshan Gold Mines-38.5%

-Olympus Pacific Minerals-19.9%

-Mineral exploration licenses that cover an additional 4,056,415 hectares in Mongolia beginning 100 miles west of Turquoise Hill.

China

-Joint-venture agreement in China with Jinshan Gold Mines to development its 217 Gold Project, the JBS Platinum Palladium Project in Yunnan Province, and a right of first refusal to participate in all new mineral projects discovered by Jinshan in China.

-Joint-venture agreement with Inner Mongolia Huayu Geology and Minerals Exploration to earn an 80% interest in exploration and mining licenses covering 400 square kilometres in Inner Mongolia, including the Oblaga Mine, a porphyry-related gold-copper deposit about 150 miles southwest of Turquoise Hill. A similar porphyry belt to TH

-Joint venture with the Chinese government to explore additional gold, copper, silver, molybdenum and other minerals on three additional advanced projects in Mongolia, China with an 80% earn-in

Myanmar

-Monywa Copper Project-50/50 Joint Venture

Australia

-The Savage River iron ore project

Kazakhstan

-Bakyrchik Gold Mine-70%

I could go on but I think it's enough - time to do a little work of your own if interested. Good luck B)

This might be the calm before the storm in the commodities markets. Maybe we have come down to retest some points of breakout before moving higher like 1976 in Gold. I would feel more comfortable long side when we take out the mid 90's highs in the softs and grains though. Well maybe not :o This chart is from Gary Fullett. I think Charmin turned me on to this site. Corefutures.com Great charts.

post-11-1092823061.png

And some sites you have to pay for. Here you can read ranting and get insulted for free. :grin:

Some long stories can be told about this site. BTW, I saw that Oldman fortunately returned.

I agree with you folks, this is still the place where the real traders come. Smart, impatient and strong minded folks. There is no site which can compete in terms of instant replies, chartwise and frequent attendance of posters. But sometimes, I go elsewhere, but mostly to throw with cake and lemonade.

Archived