Miner's Lady (aka Daily Digger)

For those still interested in this stock and you should be we need a close on volume over 4.15. Then the race is on.

I am thinking of buying more this week. I have a limit order in at 3.71 to catch any spikes down, but if we dont get a drop in the next couple days, and gold goes higher, I'll just change it to a market order.

I already have too much of this thing, but if they continue to give it away practically free, I'd be stupid not to take it. With gold over 400 now GSS should be at least in the mid $5s. Its under 4. Whatever...

I'll just spend half of every paycheck I get on GSS from here to forever if thats what it takes. (The other half to cover basic expenses, saving every penny I can...)

Long 2500 GSS and if it doesnt take off immediately, soon to be 3500.

The shorts who have sold short over 10% of the float will eventually be destroyed...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those still interested in this stock and you should be we need a close on volume over 4.15. Then the race is on.

I am thinking of buying more this week. I have a limit order in at 3.71 to catch any spikes down, but if we dont get a drop in the next couple days, and gold goes higher, I'll just change it to a market order.

I already have too much of this thing, but if they continue to give it away practically free, I'd be stupid not to take it. With gold over 400 now GSS should be at least in the mid $5s. Its under 4. Whatever...

I'll just spend half of every paycheck I get on GSS from here to forever if thats what it takes. (The other half to cover basic expenses, saving every penny I can...)

Long 2500 GSS and if it doesnt take off immediately, soon to be 3500.

The shorts who have sold short over 10% of the float will eventually be destroyed...

Judging by these statements you either be very well off or have no baby Anders running around having the nerve to ask ya for food. :D Why don't you pick up more physical Silver instead of shooting crap on this issue. Like it long term but in the long run it's just paper.

Speaking of paper, my big "Oh Dear!!!" for the day goes to this baby who got MaNGled. Mind you if I believe my afterhours quotes it's up 18% on the day rather than the frankly unbelievabull down 23%. Guess "investors" didn't take the following news lying down and voted with their broken legs.

MirrorMar

Judging by these statements you either be very well off or have no baby Anders running around having the nerve to ask ya for food. :D Why don't you pick up more physical Silver instead of shooting crap on this issue. Like it long term but in the long run it's just paper.

The second. And aside from rent, food, gas and utilities I dont have anything to spend money on except for silver and mining shares. ;) I pretty much save every spare dollar I can, and always have.

I already have as much physical as I can stand. Costs money to store it safely. I've always been more into the shares than the physical, though I do think both are important. While physical silver may outperform at some point, I suspect it will be during the blowoff top, and I dont think we're near that yet.

In the end, we all get what we deserve. If buying physical is the right move, those who did will be rewarded, and vice versa for the shares. Who knows, maybe we are all just crazy permabears and tech is the place to be.... ;)

Speaking of paper, my big "Oh Dear!!!" for the day goes to this baby who got MaNGled. Mind you if I believe my afterhours quotes it's up 18% on the day rather than the frankly unbelievabull down 23%. Guess "investors" didn't take the following news lying down and voted with their broken legs.

MirrorMar

May just be testing a long term breakout.

post-11-1092785394.gif

tfh: :shocked Do you think so? You don't think it's because people were worried that the stock ain't worth what it was selling for?

Anyway ... 6(Fri) became 9(Mon) and 9 has become 11(Today). That is 11 out of 66 PMS stocks on my list are now trading above their 50 dEMA which itself is above the 200dEMA and have an RSI(14) over 50. They are:

AAUK Anglo American Pls NASD

CAU Canyon Resources Corp. AMEX

CBJ Cambior, Inc. AMEX

GLG Glamis Gold Ltd. NYSE

GRZ Gold Reserve Inc. AMEX

LBTS Liberty Star Gold Corp. NASD

MDG Meridian Gold, Inc. NYSE

PAAS Pan American Silver Corp. NASD

PD Phelps Dodge Corp. NYSE

PDG Placer Dome, Inc. NYSE

SSRI Silver Standard Resources, Inc. NASD

I think GLG is new today and welcome back GRZ. Where were you yesterday?

Ivanhoe Mines Copper / Gold Updated Resource Estimate Conference Call

Tomorrow, Wednesday 11:00 ET

Press Release Source: Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.

New independent resource estimate for southern deposits at Oyu Tolgoi copper/gold project in Mongolia to be discussed during a conference call Wednesday, August 18, 2004.

Tuesday August 17, 12:47 pm ET

TORONTO, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Ivanhoe Mines will host a telephone conference call on Wednesday, August 18th, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Saving Time) to discuss a new independent estimate of copper and gold resources at the company's Southern Oyu deposits at the Oyu Tolgoi Project (Turquoise Hill) in Mongolia.

Ivanhoe executives also will be available to answer questions about the company's Mongolian exploration and development program.

Details of the new resource estimate will be announced in a news release to be issued by Ivanhoe Mines on Wednesday, August 18th, prior to the conference call. Once issued, a copy of the release will be available on the company's website at www.ivanhoemines.com. AMEC E&C Services Limited, of Canada, has prepared the new estimate under the direction of Stephen Juras, P.Geo., and Dr. Harry Parker, Ch. P. Geol., in accordance with Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101.

The conference call may be accessed by dialling 1-800-387-6216 in Canada and the United States, or 416-405-9328 in the Toronto area and internationally. An operator will register participants. A simultaneous webcast of the conference call will be provided through www.ivanhoemines.com and www.Q1234.com. The conference call will be archived for later playback on the Internet at www.q1234.com or by dialling 1-800-408-3053 or 1-416-695-5800 and entering the pass code 3090653 followed by the number sign.

Ivanhoe shares are listed on the NASDAQ market under the symbol HUGO and on the Toronto and Australian stock exchanges under the symbol IVN.

........sorry GM......won't touch anything Ivanhoe......Hypester runs it........and heck man, THERE'S NOT EVEN A ROAD INTO THE AREA........the most god-forsaken remote area on earth.........too many $$ to just get it ready to mine.......and still there's the Hypester.........

....no, no, no.........never place MARKET orders.... LIMIT orders only.......or you'll have a nasty, costly experience sooner than later.......just change your market order to catch a near/current bid with the limit order....

I already have as much physical as I can stand. Costs money to store it safely. I've always been more into the shares than the physical, though I do think both are important. While physical silver may outperform at some point, I suspect it will be during the blowoff top, and I dont think we're near that yet.

Ya know, I really don't understand the theory that the metals will out perform the miners. I think snot, if the metals wake up, the momo's on the miners will take this stuff much higher. Period.

I already have as much physical as I can stand.  Costs money to store it safely.  I've always been more into the shares than the physical, though I do think both are important.  While physical silver may outperform at some point, I suspect it will be during the blowoff top, and I dont think we're near that yet.

Ya know, I really don't understand the theory that the metals will out perform the miners. I think snot, if the metals wake up, the momo's on the miners will take this stuff much higher. Period.

I guess a lot of people are afraid of a broad stock market crash. This might cripple the miners. In addition there are so many things that can go wrong with the stocks. I feel we are going into one MF of a bull market in the metals and would rather play it safely as possible. Physical no margin. I won't be a pig. Unless the world is coming to an end there will be a major buying opportunity in the common stocks after a large smokin'. I want some cash to play that game with. :o

I know this is a little off topic tonight. Anyway this place is about trying to stay ahead of the Bogeyman right? If any of you have kids I think it's really important to impress upon them the importance of saving money. Old friend told me to try to save at least 15% of your gross income and start as early as you start working. How early could we all have retired if we had done that? Impress the idea of compounding on your kids. Print out the article on Richard Rusell's website about compounding money and the importance of starting early. Maybe just as important is to find something you can't wait to get after every day. That requires getting out of bed. I know this site be fraught with dirty old men. :D

I know this is a little off topic tonight. Anyway this place is about trying to stay ahead of the Bogeyman right? If any of you have kids I think it's really important to impress upon them the importance of saving money. Old friend told me to try to save at least 15% of your gross income and start as early as you start working. How early could we all have retired if we had done that? Impress the idea of compounding on your kids. Print out the article on Richard Rusell's website about compounding money and the importance of starting early. Maybe just as important is to find something you can't wait to get after every day. That requires getting out of bed. I know this site be fraught with dirty old men. :D

Amazing how few do that despite its simplicity. At work I give all the new hires a similar speech (I'm just 26, but been programming here 5.5 years). I encourage them to do one thing at a time. First pay 3x/4x the monthly student loan payment. Make no major purchases until the loans are paid! Sock away 16% into the 401(k) (stable value fund - just get the monthly dividends plus company match) because you really don't need the $ now nor do you understand how to manage it!!

Putting it away in the 401(k) keeps it at a safe distance - not easy to get to and you won't be tempted. Buys you time to learn about the real world and keeps you out of debt - plus a nice nest egg builds under your nose. I tell them to get outside the U.S. if they can for a vacation - Canada/Mexico/etc don't count. :) Open your mind!

I give a brief mention of the virtues of precious metals, too. :D

Looking for more volume in the miners!

Archived