B4 the Bell, Toozleday Aug 10, 2004

From Drudge...

U.S. intelligence officials say a high-profile political assassination, triggered by the public release of a new message from Osama bin Laden, will lead off the next major al Qaeda terrorist attack, the WASHINGTON TIMES has learned.

The assassination plan is among new details of al Qaeda plots disclosed by U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports who, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the killing could be carried out against a U.S. or foreign leader either in the United States or abroad.

The new details of al Qaeda's plans were found on a laptop computer belonging to arrested al Qaeda operative Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan of Pakistan, Bill Gertz is set to report in a page one blockbuster.

'We're talking about planning at the screwdriver level,' one official said. 'It is very detailed.'

http://drudgereport.com/

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did they know and WHEN did they know it Dept.- As you know I loaded up on Jan o6 29 strike cube leap puts two weeks ago when I noticed them being gobbled up by the 1000. We ll whoever "they" are they have kept buying 29 and 30 strikes in all time frames. Today the Sept 30 put traded 40,800-one buyer bought 40,000- a hunch?? my Ass!

FWIW - friend at senior mgmt level in large reinsurance company (you'd know the name) says demand for risk transfer for terrorism has skyrocketed in the past week. hopefully an aberration.

a double anything means the person has sun & moon OR sun & ascendant in the same sign. the odds are 1 in 12.

capricorn is the most business-minded sign.

taurus has superlative stamina and a steady goal orientation.

aries starts strong but does NOT have the taurus stamina naturally, the discipline of perseverance usually has to be learned (i'm one). b4 am thinking about your comment a few days ago about how great traders aren't born but are forged on the anvil.

you can't keep a sag down for long. can never have too many of you guys around SJ. :wink2:

a double anything means the person has sun & moon OR sun & ascendant in the same sign. the odds are 1 in 12.

capricorn is the most business-minded sign.

taurus has superlative stamina and a steady goal orientation.

aries starts strong but does NOT have the taurus stamina naturally, the discipline of perseverance usually has to be learned (i'm one). b4 am thinking about your comment a few days ago about how great traders aren't born but are forged on the anvil.

you can't keep a sag down for long. can never have too many of you guys around SJ. :wink2:

Interesting thought about Aries being one myself. I find I get interested in projects and go whole hog for a while but unless I really love it start to lose interest. Maybe this horoscope thing has something to it after all or maybe just Attention Deficit Syndrome. :D :D :D

The economy has 1.1 million fewer jobs than the day Bush took office, making it more than likely he will join Herbert Hoover as the second president to see the nation suffer a net job loss on his watch. The economy is 7 million jobs short of the level the White House had predicted when trying to sell the tax cuts. And a 10-year budget outlook that in 2001 projected $5.6 trillion in surpluses now foresees $2.7 trillion in deficits, an unprecedented fiscal swing.

Administration officials said they plan to explain the economy's straits by saying energy prices are creating a head wind on what is otherwise a fundamentally sound economy, and that the fundamentals of the economy -- including an unemployment rate of 5.5 percent -- have improved under Bush.

"The economy is strong, and it's getting better," Bush said in the Oval Office on Monday, repeating a months-old mantra from the campaign trail. "In spite of a recession, emergency, attacks, war and corporate scandals, we're growing, and growing quite substantially. We've added nearly 1.5 million jobs over the last 12 months."

The president did not mention that those went toward replacing 2.6 million that were lost during his term.

Of course the reason that there are high energy prices now is tied directly to a failed strategy in the management of the war in Iraq, which was specifically embarked upon to control the oil...not a drop of which is presently flowing.

In the immortal words of Donald Trump:

"You're Fired!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5665183/

Ahmad Chalabi is treated like a scapegoat by the Bush administration. But as Washington pushes him away, Tehran appears happy to receive him.

WEB EXCLUSIVE

By Christopher Dickey

Paris Bureau Chief, Middle East Regional Editor

Newsweek

Updated: 6:47 p.m. ET Aug. 10, 2004

Aug. 10 - Way back in January 2002, I went to see Ahmad Chalabi in London. I?d known him, then, for about 17 years, and followed his career from banker to fugitive in Jordan, businessman in Britain, opposition leader in northern Iraq, toast of the neo-cons in Washington. At that moment he was the bete noire of the State Department (among other government agencies), which figured he and those around him wanted to drag the U.S.A. into a war with Saddam Hussein no matter what the cause or the cost. And how did Chalabi respond to that last charge? ?We do! Yes!?

?The people we worked with [at the Department of Defense] wanted this,? one Chalabi aide recalled this afternoon. ?They said ?anything you come across on terrorism and WMD, please let us know.?? Chalabi?s man added, a little disingenuously, ?We had no idea they had no other sources or means to test this stuff.?

In the latest effort to end the Chalabi curse, a U.S.-appointed Iraqi judge issued warrants last weekend for the arrest of Ahmad and his nephew, Salem Chalabi. And earlier today, Reuters reported that the Iraqi government ordered Chalabi?s Iraqi National Congress to evacuate its headquarters in Baghdad. The accusation against Ahmad is counterfeiting. That against Salem?who helped write the country?s much-heralded transitional administrative law, and heads the tribunal putting Saddam on trial?is murder. The defendants are related. The alleged crimes are not. Yet the warrants were issued the same day, while both men were out of the country, and effectively threaten them with imprisonment or worse if they come back.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5664265/site/newsweek/

Is the Bush Administration sending a message to Sixty-Minutes to "back off?" They've done some pretty damaging stories, and we can only assume they are working on more. Is this a shakedown?

TLC Peace Officers Arrest Journalist Mike Wallace

By Eyewitness News' Lucy Yang

(New York -WABC, August 11, 2004) ? Journalist Mike Wallace of "60 Minutes" spent part of Tuesday night in police custody. He was arrested outside of a restaurant in Manhattan. Lucy Yang has the scene with late details.

One police officer reportedly said he thought Wallace was going to lunge at the other inspector, so he handcuffed the 86-year-old journalist and hauled him off to a police precinct where he was issued a summons for disorderly conduct.

Ernesto Cavalli, Witness: "He is 86 years old. The poor guy can not... the inspector can say what he wants. It is a lie. It is a lie. Plain and simple. I saw the whole thing. If I have to, I will be a witness."

Diane Dawson, Witness: "They threw him in cuffs. There were policemen and, i mean, it was unbelievable. It was appalling. He didn't do anything."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_081004_wallace.html

THIS IS HUGE! LOOK AT THIS LIE:

U.S. and allied counterterrorism officials are pursuing leads on other terrorists based on the data from Khan's seized laptop. At least one arrest in Britain has been made so far, and others are expected, the officials said.

Additionally, U.S. intelligence officials said they think that several al Qaeda terrorists already in the United States are part of the plot, although their identities and locations are not known.

The targets, in addition to the financial institutions in New York, Washington and Newark, N.J., that have been the subject of public warnings, include such economic-related targets as oil and gas facilities with a view toward disrupting the November election.

"The goal of the next attack is twofold: to damage the U.S. economy and to undermine the U.S. election," the official said. "The view of al Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush.' "

THE VIEW OF AL QAEDA IS 'anybody but Bush?"

Who said that? Why did they say that? Who did they hear that from? Why is there no attribution for this source?

This is a clear example of planting disinformation in the media to manufacture a connection in the mind of the public that our greatest enemy has a goal of preventing us from re-electing our President. This is a major proclamation and the first we have heard of this, though it won't be the last.

Is it really too much of a stretch to assume that what will follow is this:

"Everybody has a role to play in the war against Al Qaeda - and since Al Qaeda has clearly made it known that they are better off in the event the President is defeated in November, it is your duty as an American to defend the republic from terror by re-electing George Bush to a second term."

Three things become clear:

The issue of terrorism is 100% politicized by the Bush Regime, strategists are actively plottting how to play on public fears to defeat Kerry in November, and Osama will not be arrested prior to the election. Bin Laden is a brilliant strategist, and if it were his goal to ensure that Kerry be elected, the LAST thing he would do between now and the election is to interrupt the process which is already on course to take Bush out of the White House. He already knows that the country would rally around the President. So who has the most to gain from such an attack?

Is Bin Laden in our witness protection program, or what?

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040811-123531-3824r.htm

"The goal of the next attack is twofold: to damage the U.S. economy and to undermine the U.S. election," the official said. "The view of al Qaeda is 'anybody but Bush.' "

THE VIEW OF AL QAEDA IS 'anybody but Bush?"

Who said that? Why did they say that? Who did they hear that from? Why is there no attribution for this source?

I saw and choked on that too, Plunger.

Probably just 'advocacy journailism' from the Washington Times ... committing their fantasies to print.

The proposition itself is absurd -- Bush is the best player on Al Qaeda's team, having flawlessly implemented their plan of making America waste trillions to get stuck in a hopeless occupation.

Al Qaeda: "Please Mistuh Bush ... do anything you want. But please -- please -- don't step in this Iraqi briar patch!" :lol:

Archived