B4 the Bell, Toozleday Aug 10, 2004

Cisco Systems Inc. Chief Executive John Chambers said on Tuesday that he expects revenue in the network equipment maker's current, first fiscal quarter to be flat to up 2 percent from the prior period.

Hey, tech investors!

You're paying thirty-one times earnings for a cyclical, stagnant P.O.S. whose top line may not even grow next quarter ???

What are you, nuts? :lol:

inventories were up 7.1% to $1.2B. quick, give Chambers more options, it's obvious he's prepared his company well for this slow down.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rich just dodge tax, says Bush
US President George W. Bush today said there was no point in taxing the rich because they just dodged their tax bill anyway.

"Real rich people figure out how to dodge taxes," he said during a campaign stop in suburban Washington.

:o

If I had known that a guy like Dubya could ever support himself, I wouldn't have bothered working in school. His rise to power is a living refutation of the work ethic that underlies the American Dream. Brains and hard work are no longer necessary, apparently.

That sonofabitch wouldn't know either. If anyone knows of any public figure with the exception of that hunky Smith girl from Texas who is more brain dead than The Shrub let me know. What a dumb f--k. :o :D :D

US President George W. Bush today said there was no point in taxing the rich because they just dodged their tax bill anyway.

"Real rich people figure out how to dodge taxes," he said during a campaign stop in suburban Washington.

If I had known that a guy like Dubya could ever support himself, I wouldn't have bothered working in school. His rise to power is a living refutation of the work ethic that underlies the American Dream. Brains and hard work are no longer necessary, apparently.

it's snot too late for you gf, go out tonight get yourself a 12er and an 8ball! :shocked

The great Martin Hutchinson fires both barrels at Greenspandius Malefactoris:

A moderately severe and very prolonged recession, with the stock market dropping back to historically normal valuation levels, was what I and many others expected in the fall of 2000, after the bubble had clearly burst.

This time around, that didn't happen. The George W. Bush administration, taking office just as the downturn hit, pumped out not one but two sets of tax cuts, plus a substantial and apparently uncontrolled increase in federal spending, part but by no means all of it due to the war on terror. It also encouraged Greenspan to engage in a huge money printing spree, holding real interest rates negative for three years and counting.

The result was that the bubble never really deflated. Valuations never got back to their normal historic levels. Even though dividends, which had been suppressed during the height of the frenzy, have increased in the last year owing to the 2003 dividend tax cut, the S&P 500 Index would have to trade at 623 compared with Friday morning's 1080 to yield as much as 3 percent -- historically the top of the normal valuation level, not its middle.

The Way We Live Now

And by the way, after today's timid 25-bip hike, real interest rates are STILL NEGATIVE.

Borrow and spend. Let inflation rip.

Sherlock- to his credit-Actor Paul Newman said recently-"It is very wrong to give me a tax break, I am willing and ready to pay much more in taxes than I do now"  there is a guy who understands good fortune comes with a price and responsibility tag!

so whats the problem, he cant find his checque book? shutup and write the check. nice salad dressing and lemonade BTW.

on a serious note: wasnt the SM acting this way prior to 9/11?

Cisco Systems Inc. Chief Executive John Chambers said on Tuesday that he expects revenue in the network equipment maker's current, first fiscal quarter to be flat to up 2 percent from the prior period.

Hey, tech investors!

You're paying thirty-one times earnings for a cyclical, stagnant P.O.S. whose top line may not even grow next quarter ???

What are you, nuts? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are definitely in your groove,

RCSD Deficit as High as $16.7M

"We're talking about 150 to 200 teacher layoffs," said John Pavone.

http://www.wroctv.com/news/story.asp?id=14621&r=l

Reno hospital lays off 35 workers after revenue decline

Saint Mary's Health Network announced the layoffs of 35 employees on Tuesday in a move spurred by declining revenues

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/.../081010006.html

KSC contractor lays off 63 space workers

He attributed the layoffs to "budgetary constraints,"

http://www.floridatoday.com/topstories/081004layoffs.htm

Ascential cut 158 Mercator workers after acquisition

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stori...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Kmart to Cut 200 Jobs at Headquarters

and a former Kmart executive, said the job cuts could be a sign the company is preparing to sell another piece of real estate

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2...s/d84cjido0.txt

Cutbacks Continue at aaiPharma in Wake of Financial Woes; 120 Jobs ...

More than 120 people have lost jobs and a facility in New Jersey will be closed as aaiPharma continues to grapple with the aftereffects of

http://www.localtechwire.com/article.cfm?u=8969

TE, B4 and others,

it's IJ. Thanks stoolies for the compliments on the tunes. Hopefully the album will come out and we can tour before the world comes to an end.

Speaking of which, TE, you mentioned targets for 987 by end of summer. Do any of you have price time targets for December.

Currently sitting on some SPX 1005's, Dec (yes, I know Doc, I am a bad boy). :grin:

That sonofabitch wouldn't know either. If anyone knows of any public figure with the exception of that hunky Smith girl from Texas who is more brain dead than The Shrub let me know. What a dumb f--k. :o :D :D

Geez what an idiot. Why isn't that all over the mainstream news. Pathetic.

not clear how meaningful - or true - this is at this point, but it's probably not a good sign for the future:

Iraqi south threatens secession

Deputy Governor of Basra Salam Uda al-Maliki has said he is to announce the separation of some Iraqi southern governorates from the central government in Baghdad.

Informed sources told Aljazeera that al-Maliki said the breakaway province would include Basra, Misan and Dhi Qar governorates.

He also wants to shut Basra's port, and effectively stop oil exports.

Robert Hitt of AstroEcon says:

From the 9th to the 14th of September 2004 a series of very tight aspects occur. I have been pointing these particular aspects out for over 3 years as an EXTREME DANGER INDICATION.

Mars will square Pluto on Thursday 9/9. This is the most violent aspect possible. A Mars Pluto stress aspect has been active during most of the serious terror alerts over the last few years since 911. So at a minimum we should expect a VERY real alert .... not just the normal Bushco scare tactic we have become numb to.

Also on 9/9 is a Moon Saturn conjunction which experience tells us is a danger in it's own right.

Finally on 9/9 the Sun will be within a two degree orb of a conjunction with Mars.

Aug. 2004 report

Archived