"We may never see their likes again."

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Nelson Hultberg is one of the most gifted authors I have read.

His new article hits home with me.

Maybe others here too.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-1603.htm

Yes he does write well. In particular I liked Greenspan's Choice: Scylla or Charybdis?

"The tale of this Greek adventurer is an eternal classic and remains one of the great morality tales of humankind. Homer was the Greeks' Moses -- the first of their wise philosophers -- who spun a mesmerizing story of power lust, and greed, and glory, of beauty sought, riches found, and justice won. Homer taught his contemporaries about the damnable temptations that all men and women must confront as they journey through this world. He taught of the values that must be honored in order for life to be true. He taught of the heroic virtues that men must embrace in order for their souls to be sound. His tale is quite relevant down to our day, for we have our own morality tale unfolding right before us. While different in cultural specifics, it contains the same temptations of the spirit and dangers to the social fabric that the leaders of Homer's day had to confront.

How is all this to unfold? The answer lies in the fact that we crossed the Rubicon in 1971 when Richard Nixon closed the gold window. With that default, he sealed the fate of his country and doomed us today to a Kondratieff winter that will be the most devastating in history.

Which will appear first, inflation or deflation? My guess is that they will descend upon our debt-bloated ship in tandem. Scylla and Charybdis will be united in a long, grueling, ravaging, helter-skelter, debt-purging meltdown that will possibly last up to twenty years. We are four years into the meltdown at present.

The end of the world is not upon us, but the end of "our world as we know it" is. The only thing in doubt is what kind of society will we construct as we climb out of the maelstrom? Will the advocates of freedom prevail, or will the purveyors of statism overwhelm? Will Ulysses and his band make it back to Ithaca and bring a restoration of the free-market vision of Jefferson and Smith? Or will the New Orwellians usher in their hideous world government in answer to the economic nightmare that they themselves brought on with their greed and hubris? Stay tuned. The jury is still out, and we the people are part of that jury."

Specie: Agree, perhaps he will run for Pres? ( btw, see my tag line)

soup,

I didn't know about your tag line. I turn everything off on my controls.

I am a member of and contributor to his organization. Pretty funny. I was just thinking about whether I was going to vote for Ron Paul or Nelson Hultberg.

Okay, there seems to be absolutely no let up in commodes?..crude is now +2.50.

I wonder what?ll happen to those commodities that have no limit up limit. Where do they go once the shit hits the fan?

How many commodes don?t have limit up? Anyone?

Here are some: Coffee, Sugar, Cocoa?..

Archived