92-year-old Man Helps Prevent Suicide

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sil-BAHHHHH ... $7.915 +0.14 (futures, per Bloomberg delayed quote)

Link

Commodities gonna rock and roll today. Another 23-year high for the CRB index is less than one percent away.

Gasoline (not shown in Bloomberg link) is flaming higher on news of a refinery fire in Texas City last night.

BP had a breakout on very good volume yesterday. Banging away on the new 52 week highs. The dip this morning was bought.

BP just might want to test it's 55 high, from a few years ago.

With the particular fire at the Houston refinery,... there's alot more fires that go on there, then public actually knows about. There's one or two a week. This one, was simply noticable :grin:

Experienced Wall Street bridge players know that a dead bin Laden trumps a dead Fed Chairman.

Greenspan must die of natural causes. To quit or be fired would both be destabilizing

What's that time release stuff the Russians used to use? :P

Experienced Wall Street bridge players know that a dead bin Laden trumps a dead Fed Chairman.

I'll take that short-term for $250, Alex.

Long-term Ben "little-al" berna(sp) hasen't yet developed the big-al method of mumbling for 10 minutes straight or talking in circles to avoid answering a question. This is a significant dent in the bubble economy armor.

Happy Birthday Jimmy

Is there a trader who actually makes money purely trading based on daily charts? I ask because i think i give up trading forex intraday, if i dont i guess i suffer a heart attack in next few months, doing the "Al" so to say. :lol:

No really, now, this is a serious question. Does anyone make consistent money - and i dont talking about making 5k a year with a 50k account - with trading purely based on looking once a day at daily charts and then make decision for the next day, like programming a limit buy order, or raise the stop for an postion already taken position and so on.

TIA.

Keep you TA simple boys and girls, the shape of the chart works better than almost everything else, IMHO.

Look at the sell off (or lack thereof) in WHT from where the miners popped a few months ago. Stocks like these are the ones traders/investors should have bought.

Next selloff in this complex I'll again be looking to add on chart patterns like this. Of course one thing I can never get right is timing so I've given up trying, instead I put a few orders into the market at different levels. But then timing is not that big an issue if you're holding these things for many months if not years.

As for the lack of conviction of the mining complex in general to the recent $30+ move in gold and excellent move in silver - does it worry me? Mmmmm, yes I think it does short term but I still believe the best way to capitalise on this complex is play dumb, buy and hold, don't try to trade in and out and ultimately not get too worked up about the short term shenanigans. We will see what happens.

Second day of spring in my corner of the planet :)

Is there a trader who actually makes money purely trading based on daily charts? I ask because i think i give up trading forex intraday, if i dont i guess i suffer a heart attack in next few months, doing the "Al" so to say. :lol:

No really, now, this is a serious question. Does anyone make consistent money - and i dont talking about making 5k a year with a 50k account - with trading purely based on looking once a day at daily charts and then make decision for the next day, like programming a limit buy order, or raise the stop for an postion already taken and so on.

TIA.

Foxy

I believe the big money always has and always will be made by looking at the longer term charts and catching the big moves.

The trouble is that profits generally come in spurts - very hard to eak out a living week by week, month by month etc like a good short term trader can.

Also you may well find yourself waiting many weeks if not months for something to come your way.

Different mindset and also not easy to do these days with everyone, internet, papers, TV etc trying to read a story into every tick, therfore forcing you to get sidetracked from the longer term move.

Weimar Ben most probably at the checkout of Lowe's right now paying (via credit of course) for a couple of cases of WD40. If he takes over he wants those Presses running as smooooooth as possible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe he can start printing "strong doolars" on plywood, since it has doubled in price. No inflation here, no siree! :huh:

Sorry for the length here in IDS, but I'm trying to figure out how/whether to trade out of this today.

Under the deal, Wheaton River will exchange one of its shares for 0.55 of an Iamgold share -- a ratio that represents a 22 percent premium over the 5-day average closing price of Wheaton's shares as of Tuesday.
Umm... please stop falling WHT

Using yesterday's close of 3.14 and tacking on a 22% premium gets us to ~3.83.

WHT opened at 3.56 and has now started to slide to 3.36.

:huh:

The combination is subject to due diligence, to be concluded before April 30, 2004 whereupon the parties will enter into a definitive agreement. The combination is subject to receipt of fairness opinions, all requisite regulatory approvals and third party consents and other conditions customary in transactions of this nature. The combination must be approved by at least two-thirds of the votes cast by the shareholders of Wheaton and by a majority of the votes cast by the shareholders of IAMGOLD. The shareholder meetings are expected to be held in June 2004, with the transaction expected to close shortly thereafter.

This looks like the Companies' Press Release

My guess is that the discount on the merger price represents doubts about the deal going through. That seems like a hefty discount this morning, but I know nothing about the companies, their management or their ability to get this deal done.

A conference call is scheduled for Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time.

A phone conference just began. I'll have to catch the replay.

Anyone have thoughts on any of this?

Archived