A Ludacris Choice

Ties right in with yesterday's OC ...

A couple of years ago, I chastised Pepsi for hiring gangsta rapper Ludacris as a pitchman. There was a public outcry, Pepsi folded, Ludacris was sacked.

Now, incredibly, Anheuser-Busch has done the same thing. The company will pay this guy Ludacris big bucks to push beer.

My basic objection to this is simple: Some American corporations are rewarding bad behavior in pursuit of more profit. Ludacris puts out rap that celebrates criminal activity (such as selling narcotics), general debauchery and violence against women . . .

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yahoo,

A monologue from war movie Apocalypse Now has been voted the best speech in cinema history in a movie fans' poll.

Actor Robert Duvall's line "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" came top in a survey of 6,500 film buffs.

It begins: "You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Jack Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth" speech in A Few Good Men

as second in the poll by DVD and video rental company Blockbuster UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3362603.stm

Kinda fitting for today dont yat think?

busy morning. Bloomberg TV reported that Spanish govt claims Eta is responsible for the bombing this morning, even though the group has so far denied it.

Some potentially important tech news out there too. INTC is going to stop shipping Centrinos to China - naturally that could "trickle down" to the other companies providing components:

China Resolute on Standard as Intel Pulls Centrino

``The government's position is unequivocal,'' said Wang Xilin, deputy director of the Standardization Administration of China, a unit of the nation's cabinet, in a phone interview from Beijing. ``June 1 is the deadline. That's not going to change.''

Meanwhile, after recently providing upbeat guidance, NT drops this turd:

Nortel to Delay 10-K Filing, May Restate 2003 Results

March 11 (Bloomberg) -- Nortel Networks Corp., North America's largest maker of telephone equipment, said it won't file its annual financial statements on time because it may need to restate quarterly results for 2003 for a second time.

they provided some of the worst guidance in 2000 as the bubble popped, but when they recently provided positive guidance no one doubted them. fool me twice...

I was going to post something enthusiastic about the futures being down again this morning.

Then I learned about the bombing in Madrid, which wiped the smile off my face.

This was the worst terror incident ever in Spain. I'm sorry for the victims and their families. It is not a good day for Spain or for Europe.

Doc wrote on M2M:

"For those former stoolies who cancelled their Anals subscriptions, if you want back in at the old prices, you'd better lock in now, because in the next day or two, the price of an Anals subscribatory will be going up!

A lot.

Take advantage of these ridiculously low subscription prices now!

Those of you who have been of brave bear heart and have continued your subscription get to stay at the old price for your renewals."

Doc,

Do you think the PPI is being delayed so they can see what your price increase will be?

Just asking.

:rolleyes:

Archived