"Act Like Adults And Say No"

. . . If any countries wish to bring sanity and stability to the world currency markets, it will not be the U.S. It will be up to our trading partners to "act like adults and say no" to the indulgent child . . .

. . . Indeed, the only way foreign central banks can really help America is to treat the United States the way friends treat their friends who drink by not letting them drive drunk. The motto for central bankers should be "Central Banks Don't Accommodate Financial Suicide". . .

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. . . If any countries wish to bring sanity and stability to the world currency markets, it will not be the U.S. It will be up to our trading partners to "act like adults and say no" to the indulgent child . . .

. . . Indeed, the only way foreign central banks can really help America is to treat the United States the way friends treat their friends who drink by not letting them drive drunk. The motto for central bankers should be "Central Banks Don't Accommodate Financial Suicide". . .

fantastic snippet gladiator. many thanks!

Good morning!

Most of you have already seen this, but it must be repeated for those who have not. My apologies for the repetition. It's necessary at this time.

I got this note from my ad agency on January 16:

According to our agency contact, Ameritrade has a firm policy of not running ads on forums or message boards. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Capitalstool's content, we have been instructed to block your site from Ameritrade's campaign.

Ameritrade is not the only one. In fact, many online ad agencies specifically refuse to accept message boards into their networks, because click-though rates are so poor. The content is so good, nobody looks at the ads. :lol:

The bottom line is that ad revenue support does not work as a business model for message board sites. This site can only survive on the basis of ancillary subscription sales, and YOUR VOLUNTARY SUPPORT. This is why so many message board sites have been forced to go the subscription membership route, a step I do not want to take.

Since Doc began these appeals this month, 17 of you responded. This is heartening, but it is not enough. Is itright that several hundred subscribers and a few voluntary contributors should pay for the benefit of the five or six thousand people who come to this site every day? Those of you who are in that five to six thousand, you must care, or you wouldn't be here.?

Capitalstool.com needs your financial support. Aside from the situation with ad revenue, we all know that websites with a bearish perspective are not real poopular these days. Adding subscribers is a painstaking, one at a time, proposition. But I could yell from the tallest mountain that the market is going up, and most would not care, bulls would laugh and throw bullchips, and Doc's best bear pals would be pretty annoyed. :lol:?So I am deeply grateful to those of you who do take up the challenge.

When ad revenue goes up, as it did for the month of December, it's a real blessing. But it was temporary, and, as it turns out, a mistake by the ad agency. Now, the biggest of the advertisers is gone, for good, and the agency is not optimistic about replacing the loss. So Doc is forced to ask you for your financial support.?

There are two major ways you can support Capitalstool. The best is to subscribe to the Anals or Stooltrading. If you have any doubt about whether that would be worth it, just ask the hundreds of subscribers who participate on this board. I know they will give you an honest answer. But whether you choose to do that or not, you can support the continued operation of your message boards by using that Support The Stool button regularly. The Support The Stool button is at the lower right of the forum. If everybody who came to this board on a regular basis contributed just $2 per month, or if just 10% of you contributed $20 per month, that would make all the difference in the world. It doesn't even have to be the same 10% every month. Actually, $20 per year, per person, is about what is needed to keep this ship afloat forever. If you choose not to do your part, then one day this board may not be here, and you will miss it.?

Doc is always trying to find ways to replace the lost revenue, and when he does, these appeals will stop. But right now, Doc is counting on you to care enough to show your support, so that we stoolies can continue to share our thoughts with each other and the world, for years to come. If it doesn't come from ad sales or subscriptions, then Doc needs you to step up and pitch in.?

In the meantime, Doc is, as always, working on developing new value added features that will be free for everyone. There's a new feature announcement coming soon, that I am sure you will enjoy!

Many tanks for your support!

Doc

it seems like forever ago it was $400.

problem is, too many right now think that means it must be worth far more than $6, even if $400 was a little out of hand. They've learned their lessons from the bubble - they're selling at $100 this time. :P

reposting this from weekend M2M. must... create... debt...

Another zero-down option

Targets Moving

Get Gas from today's Suctor Watch.. Take a subscribatory to the Anals, for the Gas release you're looking for RIGHT NOW! Along with cycle charts and price targets for 11 other leading market suctors like Oil, Homebuilders, Aerospace, Healthscare, Biodrech, SOX and more!?

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Looks like real strong morning......will watch afternoon closely

for SIGNS.............Looking for 10660 area in DOW to stall.....

Weak close today in indexs will be TELLING.

Might have to wasit til tomorrow though. Maybe never stop going up

and we find out we died and went to Heaven..............................

BUT...I think money Heaven coming soon.

Archived