A Lesson In Inflation

?...So let me see, here. Some prices up, some prices down, and so the government has declared that there is, on net, no inflation. I guess the lesson is to eat your furniture, burn your clothes for heat, never seek medical attention, and live in your car. And when you do, there will be no inflation! See how easy this is when I explain it to you?...?

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Conclusion.....................................................................

Ecclesiastes chapter 11 verse 12,

"There is no end to the expressing of ideas.

Excessive devotion to books and the studying of opinion

is tiresome and wearying to the mind."

-Quoting King Solomon-

From.........Dancing with Lions........TraderX

We should have a nice "tailored" jobs report today. The bond market doesn't need a strong report, but the administrations re-election campaign does. I'm betting on the political needs.

Marking Time

Sideways Is Good!

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded each morning. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool, a daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Don't miss another Golden Stool!

The cracks in the homebuilders index HGX.X may be an omen of things to come.

Good read

First of all from a fundamental standpoint, the real estate market is the most important market in the USA and has been for the past 2 years. Investors, after having been burned by the stock bear market which began in 2000, have been pouring money into real estate at an incredible pace. They have bought new, bigger better homes at hugely inflated prices. They have put money into investment property. However, most importantly, even those of us who haven't moved to keep up with the Jones' have almost to a person refinanced their homes. Much of the money that was refinanced ended up as new liquidity in the economy. It has literally been the grease that has kept our economy out of a depression, at least so far.....more

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/kettell/kettell010804.html

Come 'n listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed

A poor mountaineer barely kep' his family fed

An' then one day, he wuz shootin' at some food

N' up thru the ground come a-bubblin' crude.

AWL that is! Black GOLD! Texas TEA!

Thutty-fo dollars 'n sixty cints on Comex ACCESS this morning.

Did ye think the Halliburton administration was elected(?) to bring down awl prices?

Wah ha ha ha ha ...

Did ye think the Halliburton administration was elected(?) to bring down awl prices?

Wah ha ha ha ha ...

have the new and improved trading range in the 35 to 45 dalla area.

for some reason, 43.80 keeps showing up in my math.

mr drysdale had better get a bigger vault.

jethro needs a new truck.

granny, new specs.

ellie mae... well. she'd better watch out for miss jane.

kudlow apparently said gold was a "SELL" this morning on bubblevision2.

Wah ha ha ha ha ...

Henry Hub gas up to $7.68 almost 7% overnight. The cost of owning a home, and living in it comfortably, just got more expensive.

?...So let me see, here. Some prices up, some prices down, and so the government has declared that there is, on net, no inflation. I guess the lesson is to eat your furniture, burn your clothes for heat, never seek medical attention, and live in your car. And when you do, there will be no inflation! See how easy this is when I explain it to you?...?

Thats right, the actual ability of the economic system to support the division of labor shrinks while on paper the $ value expands...The top canibalizes the bottom to support their debt inflated empire...Once the top has sucked all they can suck...the whole thing collapses...

As Rome collapsed the ratio of slaves to Romans grew and grew...The current administration is already pushing for the ligalization of Illegal immigrants to bolster the slave workforce an suppress wages...They are opening up a website where employers can place bids...If an American worker accepts, great, if not then the employer can hire an immigrant that is willing, illegal or waiting to be legalized through this process...This slave auction is just slightly more civilized than what Rome turned to when it started consuming more than it produced...

The US military is also offering citizenship to non citizens who sign on the dotted line...Just like Rome did in the end...

Something to note...Relative time moves 100 to 200 times faster in this day and age compared to 1500 years ago...

Wah ha ha ha ha ...

Proven reserves are becoming ... unproven. Is this progress?

Shell Cuts 'Proven' Reserves

After Reassessing Projects

Value of Oil and Gas Reserves Reduced by 20%

LONDON -- The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Cos. said Friday that it is downgrading the categorization of 20% of its "proven" oil and gas reserves after reassessing the maturity of some of its projects.

Shell said it was recategorizing 3.9 billion barrels of oil equivalent -- or 20% of proved reserves as stated at Dec. 31, 2002. They were being reclassified as "scope for recovery," spokesman Andy Corrigan said.

The new category means that although the same volume of hydrocarbons is believed to be present, the development of the projects is not mature enough for them to qualify as proved reserves.

Thats right, the actual ability of the economic system to support the division of labor shrinks while on paper the $ value expands...The top canibalizes the bottom to support their debt inflated empire...Once the top has sucked all they can suck...the whole thing collapses...

As Rome collapsed the ratio of slaves to Romans grew and grew...The current administration is already pushing for the ligalization of Illegal immigrants to bolster the slave workforce an suppress wages...They are opening up a website where employers can place bids...If an American worker accepts, great, if not then the employer can hire an immigrant that is willing, illegal or waiting to be legalized through this process...This slave auction is just slightly more civilized than what Rome turned to when it started consuming more than it produced...

The US military is also offering citizenship to non citizens who sign on the dotted line...Just like Rome did in the end...

Something to note...Relative time moves 100 to 200 times faster in this day and age compared to 1500 years ago...

Also the US Government made a food pyramid and the nutritionists who helped construct it had fruits and vegetables at the top and starch at the bottom...once it was approved starch was moved to the top and fruits and vegeatables were moved to the bottom...Starch = Bread

Bread and Circuses...

Also in Rome the Gold Silver and copper money supply was debased into non existance and was eventuall replaced with worthless tokens...

Republic credits are no good here...only money...

Archived