"I'm cheering a Street gang's bust"

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Richard Bernstein won't capitulate, but I expect that he will be replaced by end of January.

Bearish Bernstein under fire

Bernstein's mistake was that he actually did some analysis. All he needed to do was go back and re-read the Fed's quotes about "alternative policy tools", "unconventional...", "non-traditional...", "printing press...", etc.

Why in the world would someone do analysis? Because of Enron, Worldcom, Quest, Tyco, Global Crossing?

Just because Freddie - one of the largest players in the derivatives market -doesn't have a clue about their earnings is no need to worry.

Talked to an old acquaintance yesterday...never the most ambitious type...is now making 75k selling home gym equip for a chain store that operates out of the typical suburban strip malls...working barely 40 hours a week....thinks he's found his lucky break...doesn't realize that Uncle Al has turned the entire economy into a dot com, him included..........

Holly molly! My mailbox is overflowing with PM's from Stoolies just dying to learn more about the exciting, new Limerick Trading System (LTS)! Allow me to answer publicly, so that no Stoolies and Lurkers are disadvantaged. Here are a few reprised LTS examples:

We bears have bet on a hunch

That the rally will end in a crunch

But we're in a bad mood

As we have no more food

Since the Bulls are eating our lunch

Is your trading on the wrong path?

Do you know, have you done all the math?

While your profits are lean

At least you're real clean

'cause each day, you're takin' a bath!

Bears are as red as Manhattan clam chowder

Because of a sound, getting louder and louder

It's the sum of their fears

This sound in their ears

Of their testicles, being ground into powder

I'm sure that these nuggets will be as valuable to your trading as all the other IDS posts! B)

what little community of honest, diligent "anal cysts" there was, has been embarrassed, marginalized, trivialized. Imagine your career being vaporized "by fiat".

Bears like Bernstein were hired specifically by the smart big houses to keep J6P and the new found technical chartists shorting all the way up.

I would imagine Bernstein has bonuses for every bearish utterance that spews from his lips, like a professional athletes incentive clause contract.

Merry Lynching ain't no dummies. You can bet your ass Merry Lynching was long from the March bottom, and using new bears and chartists for fuel all the way up.

1975 redux with that strategy. :blink: :blink: :blink:

My father, a hard rock underground miner, in 1975 was convinced by the common knowledge that shorting stocks was now the way to make money in the market. He lost a few month's of bonus money he had earned the hard way, and I do mean the hard way! He bought and rolled over bonds ever since, and benefited by laddering into ever increasing interest rates.

Bears like Bernstein were hired specifically by the smart big houses to keep J6P and the new found technical chartists shorting all the way up.

I would imagine Bernstein has bonuses for every bearish utterance that spews from his lips, like a professional athletes incentive clause contract.

Merry Lynching ain't no dummies. You can bet your ass Merry Lynching was long from the March bottom, and using new bears and chartists for fuel all the way up.

1975 redux with that strategy. :blink: :blink: :blink:

My father, a hard rock underground miner, in 1975 was convinced by the common knowledge that shorting stocks was now the way to make money in the market. He lost a few month's of bonus money he had earned the hard way, and I do mean the hard way! He bought and rolled over bonds ever since, and benefited by laddering into ever increasing interest rates.

I really think you've taken your contrarianism a bit too far there GM

Archived