The ThorWay Plan

ThorAss

I promised a number of people that I would e-mail them details of my trading system. However due to the overwhelming response I thought I'd try to put it here on the new StoolCities.

Lesson 1 The ThorWay Plan

Please be my guest and post your comments here on this thread. Remember my only payment for this effort is your feedback. If you think it's a load of wank please say so but at least try to be critical in your assessment. Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Thor, I can't even figger out how you structured your web. You created a subdirectory with spaces, and lower case and upper case characters in the file name, then put the page under that.

OK, after trying several permutations, I got it. It's

Lesson 1

http://stoolcities.capitalstool.com/thorass/The%20ThorWay%20Plan/lesson1.html

Since Stoolcities does not come with a how-to manual, I think I'll start a forum where those more familiar with http and html can help those who are getting started.

My first suggestion would be to always load your home page as index.htm or index.html. in the main directory. In every new stoolcities web, the initial home page is the placeholder called index.html. Just replace the text and graphics on that page to create your own home page. Do not create a complex structure with subdirectories unless you are familiar with how to link to your pages from your home page so that visitors can navigage easily.

Feel free to promote your stoolcities website here on the message boards. Several of you have done a fantastic job! I'm sure others could as well but you have been frustrated by the lack of instructions. I have been searching for better software to run stoolcities, but so far could not find.

Thanks for sharing Thor. A couple of questions for you.

You said you watch the 30 min sticks; are you also producing the table used in your example on a real time basis? If so, I assume the quickest and easiest method would be to use pencil and paper, true?

You said:

...we continued to trade in a slightly bullishly skewed normal distribution (rangebound) never tradeing outside of range but closed on the highs at 38.25 for a gain of 25 cents.The final period up to 3:59:59 is M. I also include N for trading in the first half hour AH as many trades just after 4 are significant. However, I do like to get out near the close without missing it. I call it Bladerunning. For the swing trader the unmistakable conclusion would be hold longs overnight.

By this, I assume you held long overnight. But I'm a little confused by your statement "However, I do like to get out near the close without missing it." Missing what? The HOD? A good night's sleep?

TIA

Thanks Crapper,

These questions I will address in my next lesson. Yes, the 30 minute chart helps me catch up with the range per period if I'm not following it second by second. I keep a table at the top of the spreadsheet but often I just not the highs and lows on a piece of paper.

As for holding long overnight, I did not. At this point I think it's an unnecessary risk and I will discuss this further later. Maybe in the future I will develop a system (which I can backtest) which gives me a clear risking on that kind of trade. But for now any hold overnight would just be a bald gamble.

So, therefore, what I didn't want to miss was being square overnight.

Dear Doc,

I have no familiarity with html and I just did what I thought would work. It worked perfectly well from my vantage point here so I was unable to see any problem. Thanks for your help, whatever it was

The easyhost system running stoolcities is not the best, especially given that it came without documentation. It is simply not user friendly for those without webmastering experience. Now, the developer of the software has disappeared so it looks as though the promises he made regarding further development were empty.

For now, if anyone has questions about how to run a stoolcities website, please post your question here in LOB. In the meantime, I will continue to search for a more user friendly system.

• 1 month later...

Archived