PMS Weak End Upchuck for Oct 4,5

All kidding aside, I agree with ab.

As a new trader I booked profits on my winners, instead of letting them run, and kept my losers. Come to think of it, I'm still trying to off load some ?deadbeats at a decent price.

On the other hand, I agree with Thor that there are forces at work in the markets, but, I'm just not sure how productive the argument is.

I just hope Canada doesn't get Liberated. :lol: ?<_< haaaaya!

Didn't that just happen here in Ontario?

I must have been having a very long cat nap????? :unsure:

I sent you some Nepeta cataria.... but you are not supposed to eat it all in one sitting!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrespective and notwithstanding of the charts, one must understand what is really going on in the world, to get a handle on where to invest. The charts will confirm when there is a change in trend, but not in price first, ...... in the divergences.

I'm sorry I can not and will not say read the charts alone. Just keep all data in perspective. Anyone who epouses to following one thing and one thing alone is not seeing the big picture.

I think you need to have a big picture in mind before you start your painting (t/A)......

Crunching Tiger..... hahahaha ... don't mess with Snagllepuss

Irrespective and notwithstanding of the charts, one must understand what is really going on in the world, to get a handle on where to invest.

Perhaps. Seems to work for Buffet :grin: ...unless there's things he's not telling us :huh: in which case we'll have to take a look at his charts :P

The charts will confirm when there is a change in trend, but not in price first, ...... in the divergences.

The meteorologist cat - now you're meowing. To take that audit trail and learn to forecast by it - gems.

I'm sorry I can not and will not say read the charts alone. Just keep all data in perspective. Anyone who epouses to following one thing and one thing alone is not seeing the big picture.

Fair enough B)

7, glad to see the cult doesn't have you under its full power. :lol: Now, can I join, under pay as you go?

Well, it just follows a simple rule of thumb I live by, "It's okay to look at things in a vacume - just don't forget that you're doing so" :rolleyes:

______________________You

____________Join

________Can____If

____You_________________Want

Sure

:huh: :o :huh: :o :) :P

:rolleyes: ..you beat me to it... your red pitchfork will be the one to watch if my one gets penetrated. btw, I am finding these pitchforks very usefull, here is one for the s&p500.

I love 'em and I use them for all manner of things I'm sure they weren't intended originally. I also use them in place of other tools if I like the fit better.

Here's a weekly euro chart. The long fork is just being used as a channel, and only half of it for that. The shorter one I've been using to watch a pivot. May be strange but it helps me get a feel for things. Part of it is the package I'm using (slackcharts :lol: ) which has a regression channel that's almost always waaaaaaaaaaaay too wide for me. Fork's nice and tight.

post-11-1065401397.png

All kidding aside, I agree with ab.

As a new trader I booked profits on my winners, instead of letting them run, and kept my losers. Come to think of it, I'm still trying to off load some ?deadbeats at a decent price.

On the other hand, I agree with Thor that there are forces at work in the markets, but, I'm just not sure how productive the argument is.

I just hope Canada doesn't get Liberated. :lol: ?<_< haaaaya!

Didn't that just happen here in Ontario?

I must have been having a very long cat nap????? :unsure:

I sent you some Nepeta cataria.... but you are not supposed to eat it all in one sitting!

Thank you. I'll be pacing for it.

And the claws stay! <_<

Good Day and Welcome to the next page.

Just 2 more short comments then I'm done with the discussion.

1. A question: How did I get to be the one who is anti-charts or whatever when mostly all I say is here is my charts, look what they say?

2. The opportunuity for a sudden drop has been there for several days. Why did it all happen in an instant at 12 on a Friday? My comment going into the day was apt. The market was primed for a big move. When pressed whether that would be up or down I mused that for any chance for it to be up we would have to get through friday first, Why would I be worried about a fall on friday? Experience and an opinion on how the market operates. Yes, it's all in the charts but sometimes simple charts are not always the best way to represent the data. Ask a Pee and Feffer about that. It is also important to follow the almanac. Again the info is in the charts but sometimes trickier to see than a simple explanation like: Market Crashes tend to come in October or the POG tends to experience its biggest falls on FridaY AFTERNOONS WHEN THE OTHER MARKETS ARE CLOSED. (nb: I'm not sure about that last one but so it seems to me.)

3. I totally disagree with the tenet that we are here to proselytize. We are here to exchange info, observations and analyses. Neophytes and newbies have to understand that the waters are full of sharks and everything should be double and triple checked and passed thru a BS screener.

That was 3 more comments>

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION.

I am trying to recall who recommended the purchase of FCX on Thursday on a breakout.

Wasn't that wndysrf? Anyway, FCX is mirroring the current world-wide reflation move which is sometimes misnamed The Matrix. The correlation isn't perfect but it's there. FCX has had a great move off the March lows 3+ bagger. Not bad for a large cap (in the PMS).

Those who seek to short RGLD on fundamentals might want to employ their capital elsewhere. It was a 10+ bagger and look what happened after the last smackdown. Not saying it won't go to $5 but a look at the LT charts says probably not.

Well, it is Sun. nite at 9:45 and overseas market already show gold up $3.50 ...After gut punch Friday.

Do you folks also notice that it almost seems that usually goes up overseas after a down day in the US?

Butterfield was nice enough to send me a personal message, and conveyed to me that Oyster is calling another 20% down on the dollar, and Yen to 100.. maybe even as low as 70.

...Thanks Butterfield!

I am looking at this whole thing from a very macro perspective.. no charting, no Wall Street Urinal articles for me to worship as my guide to certainty.

The dollar is a floating currency.. Fort Knox is empty.

The value of our currency 10 times more than anything else is measured in one thing CONFIDENCE.

Within 12 months, I guarantee that there will be over a 1 trillion $$ deficit, and the real estate bubble will start to burst.

I cannot guarantee what that will do to the price of gold, but if we read the opening phase of John Kenneth Galbraith's book Money... (Paraphrasing here) "Money has always been one form or another of precious metals".

Anything can happen.. that is one thing that makes economics so fascinating, and an occasional idiot out of even the most brilliant of economists, but with near zero exports in the US economy.. if the dollar falls 30%... it does nothing more than make each and every one of us with holdings in dollars 30% poorer.. period.

Totally amazing how almost NO ONE has any idea what that is like.. (except for you Stoolies)

There are all sorts of possibilities that you can read about in IBD or Money magazine... one that they don't talk about is the possibility that it could go down 60, 70, or 80%...

That is the risk of floating currencies.. they usually wind up sinking.

Good Day and Welcome to the next page.

Just 2 more short comments then I'm done with the discussion.

1. A question: How did I get to be the one who is anti-charts or whatever when mostly all I say is here is my charts, look what they say?

2. The opportunuity for a sudden drop has been there for several days. Why did it all happen in an instant at 12 on a Friday? My comment going into the day was apt. The market was primed for a big move. When pressed whether that would be up or down I mused that for any chance for it to be up we would have to get through friday first, Why would I be worried about a fall on friday? Experience and an opinion on how the market operates. Yes, it's all in the charts but sometimes simple charts are not always the best way to represent the data. Ask a Pee and Feffer about that. It is also important to follow the almanac. Again the info is in the charts but sometimes trickier to see than a simple explanation like: Market Crashes tend to come in October or the POG tends to experience its biggest falls on FridaY AFTERNOONS WHEN THE OTHER MARKETS ARE CLOSED. (nb: I'm not sure about that last one but so it seems to me.)

3. I totally disagree with the tenet that we are here to proselytize. We are here to exchange info, observations and analyses. Neophytes and newbies have to understand that the waters are full of sharks and everything should be double and triple checked and passed thru a BS screener.

That was 3 more comments>

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION.

For myself I can only say that I was empassioned by AB's message because I've been a messenger with the same scroll on many occasions.

I didn't agree with the argument I saw when you responded to him, and that is what I was responding to. I felt you were defending the argument that blaming (in the context of the argument - "trading and the 'bad guys' done me wrong") is valid. I don't believe it is - hence - I jumped in.

That's all I can speak to unless it's brought to my attention that I done something to offend that I'm overlooking.

-CrunchingMonkeys

Archived