Actual School Exam Answers

Q: Name the four seasons.

A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.

A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?

A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: What is a planet?

A: A body of earth surrounded by sky.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?

A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

SOCIOLOGY

Q: What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on?

A: If you are buying a house, they will insist you are well endowed . . .

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ho silver away!

I note with some puzzlement how silver has moved in discrete 'steps' ever sice it hit $5.

First $5.08. Then, bam!, $5.16, then wham!, $5.25, and now boom!, $5.30.

Each level has set a new attraction point around which a few cents of wobble occurs. Kinda odd.

Heck. I'll take it though.

In ten years when silver is $100/oz (and will still buy 3 gallons of gas) I will not be able to remember these insignificant moves but right now they seem meaningful. :P

Good Morning and Good Stool to all!

Doc is slowly but surely getting caught up, and today is the day for gold bugs. Doc is concerned about your bubbling enthusiasm. The time for a sobriety check approaches.

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW!

.....need to look into Interactive Brokers that a few of you mention here........Scottrade is turning out to be the biggest pos broker........it doesn't matter what stock or how liquid or well known, they have no shares available to short online, EVER!.......I always have to call and place a short with a broker directly by phone, where they charge me $20 or so for the privilege of talking to a broker and getting a worse entry point because of the delay......this has to be some kind of scam to boost profits of the local Scottrade office.....they have no QQQ, no YHOO, no AMZN, etc. available to short online for cryin out loud......is this being pulled on you too? tia

Yanevano-

When Scottrade has no shares available, and I need to call the broker as a result, they only charge me $7. I merely tell them I am calling because there are no shares available. When I have had a stock in my sights for shorting, I call them in the AM and ask them to reserve the shares. Then if I want to pull the trigger, I call and give them a go and they execute the trade in seconds.

I have found in the past that when they report no stock available it's usually a good idea not to short that particular stock, although not always.

The reason they do not have stock available is that they act strictly as broker, and do not trade for their own account, which is a good thing in some ways.

Yes, this is inconvenient, but it is not their fault they don't have the stock. It mererely indicates that their cutomers are already heavily short the stock. And at least you know your broker is not on the other side of the trade.

I have used Scottrade for years, and have found that they always go the extra mile to provide the best service they can. Plus they have a local office. When I walk in, they know me. And whenI call, I know the person I am talking to. That helps.

Here we are again. Will we once again have a trucated decline? Declines over the last 6 months have been pathetic.

Check out the blue ovals. Will this be another 1-2 day wonder? The bears shoulder the burden of proof.

My cycle analysis says we should have a nice decline but I've been disappointed before. Risk reward on either side is not good at this moment. We'll see. It looks like a lower open. We need follow thru.

Rich

post-3-1063370580.png

my friend Dave in Ontario sent me this today.

after I picked myself up off the floor, I immediately

thought of Doc... :D

Subject: Cardiologist Funeral

A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral, with all his

doctor

friends in attendance.

A huge heart-shaped mausoleum, covered in flowers, stood behind the

casket

during the service. Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the

casket

rolled inside. Then the heart closed, sealing the doctor inside

forever.