The New BearZone Stool Monthly - September 2003

ThorAss

Bear Flambe or Surf and Turf Bull Clambake?

Well I'm so totally disgusted with MuleStool this weekend that I've hit upon a new tack. A monthly BearZone Stool. No need for someone to open a new thread every day. Especially considering how few posts actually accumulate, we'll probably have no more pages here in a month then a long weekend of MuleStool or an active IDS.

Some of you may notice my new "look". I'm not sticking my head in the sand nor denying the facts, and I still have my charts and my opinions, it's just that I don't intend to make a lot of predictions right now as the market does not seem to be accommodating me recently.

So if you're of a bearish bent and feel a need to escape the madness that MuleStool appears to have become then feel free to drop your load here. For those of you who believe that a narrow focus attracts "weirdos" or was it "wackos", I doubt you'll be happy here. The focus here is the market and primarily the broad market (ex PMS/NatGas as this is well covered in Stool's Gold).

Let's keep the wave count discussion to a minimum cause this can really cause the uninterested's eyes to glaze over. Better over in Stool Waves. Bullish posts are okay if they're not too long term, well supported and sensitive to the bears.

Whatever. Let's stick to the market and aspects of the market, real, definable and verifiable things. Things that are quantitative, measurable, testabull and trade-a-bull.

In this way, we may yet have a safe place to play.

ClamBoy

PS: Can't fault me for trying.

PPS: If you're a MuleStool regular and you love the place, please do not get your back up about what I've written here. I may well love what you've written there and for the longest time I thought it was great. I still think Mark's a genius.

PPPS: I don't want to debate about it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pubic farts have now been updated. On the PMS, redid the 3 year, the 6 months can keep for a week. Not much change to the Holdrs. Check 'em out.

Euroland strong out of the gate, but dare I say it, it's all looking rather toppy IT/LT. US fuc-u-tures not ready to party.

I share the frustration regarding how things are going here at the moment, and want to thank you for your ongoing contributions - a genuinely thankless task!!

Short, still short, and feeling worried.....

I will have to capitulate at a close of over 1021.....

and yes, I do expect a break of 1015 - intraday - as a head fake but expect it to reverse intraday...

we shall see...feeling nervous though

:ph34r:

Anybody else ever ponder that, since a secular/long-term

bear market of great significance is underway, many of the

old market 'rules' which mostly have sprung up over the past

(only) 50 years or so-are no longer valid? September now a

good month for stocks, as is entire May-October period, etc.

GP ~ I think your right the so called market rules of the past are not reliable. The level of market manipulation has escalated to the point that nothin is a safe bet. The only rule I still desperately cling to is that "what goes up.. must come down". so for the love of god (and money!) EQUITIES MUST COME DOWN NOW!!!!!...or least in the next month or two :P

Hello Bears and anyone else who still looks in here. Today would be a good day to start a collapse. The DIA has completed a pattern like at the Jan top. The seasoning start of September strength ends today and weakness is now expected. Bullishness is off the charts. There's a bunch of other reasons but I'm a bit rushed. Be good to win today and win big. Glad we didn't start with a big gap down. We know what happens after that.

It would be a good day and the charts are in alignment.

I think we are at an intermediate top. Doc was saying we would see it yesterday and that was probably the beginning of it. We should see it more clearly today and tomorrow. The 6-7 week and 13 day cycles are poised to turn down. A reversal day today would be real nice. I'm getting tired of seeing the market only go in one direction.

For those of you who like pattern setups here are three completed bearish patterns that I found.

post-1-1062648821.gif

post-1-1062648887.gif

post-1-1062648980.gif

post-20-1062691736.png

Archived