Bear Zone Stool for Monday, 18 August

ThorAss

The lights are back on, illuminating all the corners of the room. The roaches and rats scurrry for cover. Will this be enough light to see that the emporer, indeed, is wearing no clothes. I said all I had to say on the weekend thread. Thsy may or may not keep it afloat for 2 - 5 weeks but I wager they don't get far and the divergences don't turn. The sell-off will likely steeper the longer it is delayed. There are mixed signals. There are always mixed signals. There must always be compelling reasons to buy at every top or we would never get to them in the first place. The trick is deciding what to believe and what to ignore and how to interpret the others.

One example is the Rydex Bull/Bear ratio which seems to be pointing out our recent very minor low as a major bottom. I wondered how could this be when the Advance/Decline looking so terribly bearish. If you pull up the graph as supplied by Ike and discussed over the weekend you will see that the support line that is being used as the evidence of a turn is fairly new and used to be considerably higher. We may be just on our way to pushing down to a much lower support level and levels we have now may in the future be seen as resistance. This is a bear market and the surprises are to the downside. This all makes sense when you think about it and what the ratio measures.

Good luck, keep it clean, and BEARISH.

ThorAss, Your Humble Hall Monitor

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asia higher. No 3AM jam job. Euroland mixed, but Stoxx 600 makeing a new yearly high. Buck flat/up. Gold easing.

Looks like a it could be a boring day.

So, how about some news headlines?

Blonde jokes to be made illegal in Bosnia

Blonde jokes are set to be made illegal in Bosnia under new laws that will enable women to sue people who make jokes about their hair colour.

The gender equality law, due to come into effect within the next two months, will make it an offence to tell jokes about women based on their hair colour.

Savima Terzic, director of the International Group for Human Rights, told Bosnian daily newspaper Nezavisne Novine: "The new law on gender equality would enable blonde women to sue anyone who tells jokes that offend them, even if those jokes were just based on the colour of their hair."

Blonde jokes are said to be massively popular in Bosnia.

Story filed: 11:24 Monday 18th August 2003

Ananova

Archived