"Debt Is Wealth"

spin.gif Spin of the Week

?Less wealth generated from refinancing may restrain economic growth as early as the fourth quarter unless job growth and business investment kicks in soon, some economists said.? . . .

. . . I think what got me fired up more than anything about the ?refinancing generates wealth? is that we are encouraged and tempted from every possible angle to borrow more and more money. No payments until 2005, zero percent financing (all of which is built into the price of the goods), cash out re-fi?s, pre-approved credit cards show up in the mail, home loans with no proof of income necessary, buy a house with no money down, and so on. Maybe the financial entities just discovered mass marketing in the last ten years. Whatever the case, it?s terribly irresponsible. When does it come time to pay the fiddler?

I was most disturbed by the ?debt is wealth? statement because we were right in the middle of a record week of U.S. Treasury debt issuance. We are mortgaging our future as a nation to keep going further into debt; not only that, but the current policies of the Federal Reserve and the Federal Government have actually penalized the frugal savers of our nation. Why should it be so difficult right now just to preserve what wealth you have accumulated? Do you feel safe in stocks? Do you feel safe in bonds? Investors are scared. People don?t know what to do . . .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rant On

I first started poking around here at capitalstool.com in August, 2001 and joined after lurking a few weeks. I've seen a lot of stoolies come and go in these past two years. I keep coming back because Doc has been able to attract and keep here some really brilliant people, who are also gracious enough to share there wisdom with others. This place is special for me, and I think the major reason it is special is because of the way Doc deports himself.

Some of the events and postings of the last couple of months have really bothered me, for a lot of reasons. But mostly because some of the things have seemed far too personal and too far from the truth.

I don't know Doc. I have never met him and wouldn't recognize him if he tripped over me. But after 2 years of reading his posts and watching how he handles various situations and seeing the type of folks that stay and the type that leave, I think I understand type of man he is.

Doc is a good egg. He's an honest guy. He has honest and honorable sensibilties about what is OK and what is "across the line." He genuinely has his heart in the right place. He's a good, decent man.

This is his house and we are all his guests here.

So, if you don't like it here please just go away and leave the rest of us alone.

Or, if you don't like the rules of Doc's house, please leave and don't come back.

TIA

Rant Off

I WILL NOT TRADE SCAM-A-MANIA WEEK.......................

What he said!

And another point. If something some one does offends you or you don't like their avatar please come crying to us your board (hall monitors) moderators. (Actually I prefer to think of us as Mods and you lot are all Rads or Rockers although some of you seem to be off your Rocker.) Let's not air our laundry in public. Let's keep personal disputes in the PMs. Nobody else wants to read about it and it causes a lot of bad feelings. It's one thing to disagree with someone. It's something altogether different to take exception to them. Okay?

From Barfing Dot Com

07:43 ET CSFB initiates coverage of select gold stocks

CSFB initiates coverage of the gold sector with the following ratings and targets: ABX (Outperform, target $19), AEM (Outperform, target $13), PDG (Outperform, target $13), MDG (Neutral, target $11), N (Neutral, target $24), NEM (Neutral, target $31), and GG (Underperform, target $10); implicit in firm's assumptions for each of the gold producers under coverage is the expectation for a modest decline in gold prices during 2H03 and a further decline in 2004.

The expectation of a decline? :unsure:

Good morning Stoolies.

Thanks to Glad.

Thanks to alceringa, too.

No major ec reports today, but.....

Howcome nobody has mentioned Urban Outfitters (URBN), which has tripled since the March low and is still going. I say this out of frustration (geez, it's clothing and a triple), but also out of admiration. Below is one of their items:

p51569b.jpg

"not everything is flat in Kansas"

From Barfing Dot Com

07:43 ET CSFB initiates coverage of select gold stocks

CSFB initiates coverage of the gold sector with the following ratings and targets: ABX (Outperform, target $19), AEM (Outperform, target $13), PDG (Outperform, target $13), MDG (Neutral, target $11), N (Neutral, target $24), NEM (Neutral, target $31), and GG (Underperform, target $10); implicit in firm's assumptions for each of the gold producers under coverage is the expectation for a modest decline in gold prices during 2H03 and a further decline in 2004.

The expectation of a decline? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chibear:

Thank you for that pic.

Yet another perfect sample, with a stomach flatter than a sheet of drywall, and pencil thin arms.

Promoting the latest in Fashion Exotica for teenage girls seeking to emulate Christina, Brittney, and all the rest.

No sense in pointing out the triple play from the lows.

They are everywhere, especially in the retail sector.

The continued strength in the retail sector the last 3 years has been unprecedented. No fallout, no consumer capitulation, no fear.

Anyone got the nerve to jump on the Asian Exotica on the open for a 3-day session during Scam Week?

Well put, gennemen. I third it.

For some reason which continues to escape me, the board continues to becoming increasingly adversarial and personal, particularly in M2M. The postings of people like Blackbelt, KWave Rider, Sweefraap, and other technicians continues to decline, while egotistical drivel continues to increase. That's not how it started around here, and I'm just sick of it. Please bring your complaints to any of us moderators and lettuce look into them when a potential problem appears. Doc has way too much on his plate to deal with stupidity- that's the moderators' jobs.

Something else on that thought. I've always cared too much what people think about what I do, and when having to delete posts, actually would reply to those who would subsequently complain about it. This has gotten me and the board nowhere. It's Doc's house, and when somebody pisses on the floor, they will be ejected, and anyone who needs the "why" of it explained or defended will be ejected too.

It's so easy to get along with people, to converse politely and respectfully and get to the truth. That's what being a Stoolie is all about. It's not about being a rude, sexist or racist hardon.

Good Morning Stool Mavens!

Do you have gas? There is no finer gas than Natural Gas. You can get Gas in today's Suctor Watch. Remember, it was Doc who warned you weeks ago not to hold your Gas! Is it time to hold your Gas again? See for yourself in today's Gas release in Suctor Watch.. If you are unable to get your Gas release, Take a subscribatory to the Anals, and get the Gas release you're looking for RIGHT NOW!

Archived