Bear Zone Stool (ID and AH) for Monday,Aug 4

Too bad more stoolies don't hang out here. This could be an excellent forum. I suppose the wealth of talent on the regular IDS is just too big of a draw card. Then there's Stooltrading and the Outpost and Germ seems to have a home of his own.

Reminds me of the Life of Brian when the revolutionaries are all hanging around the forum discussing the various liberation groups.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I leave it up to Doc for my technical advice, but the continued pull back by the FEED in the money market will exert a significant downward force to the market in the next few weeks. Don't know it will be down today or tommorow, but soon. I will be about 80% short and even reducing PMs to 20% from about 40% in June.

I think the FEED actually believes its own propaganda that a recovery is underway. Maybe for a few weeks while tax rebates are handed out, but not after the refi money is gone.

I noticed newegg.com in the ads at the top of the page. I've used them several times and they have great prices and service has been very good also. I'll try to find one of their ads to click on here next time I'm buying from them in case they're tracking it.

Not pumping newegg.com, just letting stoolies know I've had good experiences in case they're thinking of clicking on the ad.

Buydig.com also showed up, they have good deals sometimes, had one problem with them which was eventually resolved.

Does this belong in the bear zone? :D

The 5 day chart of the Duck is a holler. Market run by crooks. Market flatlines for a day at 1720. Makes a trapezoid about 1750, then another 1720 flatline then an inverse down except we didb't stay down as long. Whoops back to 1720!!

I'm sure Oyster would be spinning in his grave right now ... if he were dead.

Today's action was tedious for the bears, kinda like watching Gigli.

Reduce my core PM stocks holding to 20% today and increased holding in bear funds to about 75% - mostly in RYURX. Fortunately since when I went mostly short in June, SPX has lagged other markets.

As Doc notes, the FEED has scaled way back from the rapid expansion it undertook two months and more back. They probably got frightened by the dollar selloff, then the bond market selloff, and their own hype about the fabled 2nd half recovery.

Will return to a wildly bullish stand on the PMs after the market pulls back and the FEED expands again.

Thor:

Did you cover all your SMH shorts? I was travelling all day so I couldn't watch it but I noticed SMH dipped to $32.00 this morning and then zoomed right back but I still feel it's a BS move as the total volume today on SMH was less than 4M.

Airline stocks are finally tanking on above avg volume. Should've shorted more of that last Friday but didn't want to until I saw more weakness. Tried to enter a short on AMR from the airport but I put the sell price too high as I expected AMR to bound back to $8.5 due to gap down this morning.

Maybe the lack of bear stoolies is positive. No one believes yet shorting can be profitable in August. :lol:

Archived