PMS Daily Digest for Friday, Aug 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charme, I think the shorts do what they always do. (naughty things :grin: )But the way I see it, the faster we correct, the better. Just have to find the bottom for my remaining quarters. Let shake out the weak handed, and then we can pick up where we left. I'm not pessimistic at all. Have a good weekend, Charm. This stoolie is lazy for sure the coming days. B)

5th, I don't understand what you mean with "low volumes". NEM is trading more than USD 100 mio today and smaller ones like PAAS and GLG some USD 5 mio. :blink:

not soooo baaaad - although I did see that the COT short position is getting large or largest

Been using the chart of the COT below for some time now. It includes the data from 7/29 which was just released. Last weeks commercials short position was hardly what I would call extraordinary.

http://www.softwarenorth.net/cot/current/charts/GC.png

This is my take on today's action. As they caned the gold contract into the ground they were bidding for the equities. Put the miners on weekly charts and you'll get a clearer picture on where the gold bugs indices are headed.

post-11-1059772354_thumb.png

Whiner. Sheesh. Not only here but at Prudent Bear as well.

So, you 'really' scared or you just trying to scare others so that you can buy as low as possible?

What kind of an idiot gold bug would be worried about a few dollar dip in price when the trend is still intact and you have central bankers talking about taxes on cash with the Japanese and European assholes rolling out chipped currency plans in the latest week?

IT IS NOT A MATTER OF IF BUT WHEN. In yet another desperate and fornicateing stupid bid they are going to try and prime the velocity pump that has been broken for years now (Go check economagic if you don't believe).

They are going to tax your cash. They are going to tax every thing they can think of. Then they are going to start confiscating. Everything they can think of.

The system was built to die even if those 'in charge' now don't know it.

Read The Creature From Jekyll Island.

Heh, you caught me. Who are you on Prudent Bear?

I'm always honest about my feelings, so yes, I'm really scared. Not scared like last March. But scared.

What worries me the most is that gold is not gaining ground on the Loonie (or Euro for that matter). If we used those charts to gold bull would be non-existant.

Anyways I will wait until I return from holidays and decide my bullish level. Currently at "Moderately Bullish".

I mean no other bull market exists on earth that gives up 95% of its recent gains. It's the roller coaster from hell. Plus I have to rely on gold bug leaders and when they are wrong its like losing one's religion.

Charme, I think the shorts do what they always do. (naughty things :grin: )But the way I see it, the faster we correct, the better. Just have to find the bottom for my remaining quarters. Let shake out the weak handed, and then we can pick up where we left. I'm not pessimistic at all. Have a good weekend, Charm. This stoolie is lazy for sure the coming days. B)

5th, I don't understand what you mean with "low volumes". NEM is trading more than USD 100 mio today and smaller ones like PAAS and GLG some USD 5 mio. :blink:

Hey Moon Man:

What I mean about liquidity is that tech stocks trade 10-20-50 Milliion shares per day. Today, GLG did 700K shares & PAAS did 900K, that's a big difference in liquidity.

Illiquid shares are easier to manipulate by broker dealers and you don't need be Soros to move the gold equity market short term.

I personally have found gold stocks harder to judge using charts & TA while using TA to short tech stocks have been easier for me. So I've decided if I believe gold is in a bull market, it's best to play miners for multi-week to multi-month stretches. Buy them when they're down and sell them when they're up but not buy and sell so much within a week. Of course I've got a day job so unless you're nimble like Thor and can devote 8+hrs a day watching the markets, I feel it's real tough to trade the miners too often as it's easy for me, moi, to get faked out.

I sold all my miners in June when in retrospect, I'd should've hung onto at least 50% of my positions(like WHT, BGO, EGO) as it takes energy to decide when to buy back, you've got to study the charts again, keep on top of it, etc...

As long as the overall bull trend appears in tact, being long is less work as TIME will prove you right, even if you didn't get the cheapest price for your stocks.

As I'm new to shorting, I covered my BRCM & SMH way too early as I initally shorted both close to their peaks. BRCM went from $29 down to $20!!! :lol:

I picked the jackpot but didn't believe it as the Nasdog was refusing to go down much but if you've picked the right stock to short, it continues to die. But given how the indexes are just chopping, it was safer to cover early than get soaked if you were short some stocks in July.

Sinclair is rather bullish on gold/silver/miners.

Stare the Gold shorts down and you own them. Anything you run from will beat you to a pulp. If the kitchen (gold) is too hot you do not belong here. I do.

Today I closed a private placement on TNX and opened number six to bring the dollars up to Cdn.$700,000 in the process of doing Cdn.$1,500,000 to Cdn.$3,000,000. I put my money where my name is......

......The one that is going to get creamed is not me. I have no margin demands because this time I am buying all the December gold calls strike 350, 360, 370 I can find money for.....

....To the Cartel all I can say is blast away gang and all you will do is make me and mine richer. Did you notice how the quality gold shares held well in the face of the ballsy operation pushing on gold to the downside......

Mineset

Archived