PMS Daily Digest for Friday, Aug 1

The $ rallies, Gold falls I get that. Gold falls, silver rallies. Okaaaaaaaay! Bonds crash, stocks go nowheres. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Since I haven't a clue what's going on I'll just admit it and move on and muse that neither do they. Looks like Hooey above 165 now makes the PMS a buy. If we don't crack that on Fryday I'll put the rally down to EOM shenanigans. If the PMS continues up then maybe the shenaigans are over in the forex markets.

Here's something for you to do at home. If you are an inveterate bookkeeper and unreconstructed chartist, try graphing your net worth in its weight in gold, say ounces for convenience sake. Are you moving up or down in weight or at least staying flat. Remember your wealth is not increasing unless your theoretical weight in gold is increasing as well. If you are increasing in US$ terms but falling in Au, you are falling in net worth. And if you're still bored after that try calculating your taxes paid in gold. See if they are getting their pound of flesh. :angry:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, I briefed that I got filled several times. However, this does not mean that I think the current consolidation/correction is over. But I do think that some stocks, mostly mid-and small sized undervalued Canadians, have a fair chance of rallying against the indices. IMO, we are in a very different market than the one from the summer of 2002 till March 13 of this year.

As far as indices concerned, there remains downside. Although the XAU had its fibo retracement of 38.2%, the HUI hasn't been there as yet. (Just like Thor, I'm not fond of fibbers, maybe because my calculator has a tendency of hiding) The maximum downside I can envisage for the HUI is 155 and pennies (50% fibo retracement). If the HUI gets there in the fortnight to come, I will add margin there. I have a distinct suspicion that there is another 30-40 HUI points in the air, over the next two months.

post-11-1059736621_thumb.png

Archived