Bear Zone Stool (AH and Intra-Day) for Tuesday, July 29

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of changing the name here to the Death Zone, whaddayatink?

The Death Zone is very high up on the world's highest mountains, above 8000 m and refers to the fact that humans can not survive for long without supplemental oxygen for long at these altitudes. And so it is now, as we are high up on this rally that the bears are dying off and or going long.

I remain an unrepentant and unreconstructed bear, not because I'm pigheaded but because I know where we are headed. The rest is just details and posturing. The market participants are interplaying. The funds are positioning, wrongly I might add, with other people's money. The hedgers are gaming and the speculators are being conditioned to buy the dips so they can be properly shorn as each new dip plumbs new depths while all the while the slump is refered to in the press (gang) as a necessary healthy correction.

Do' need no MoJo JoJo to set me straight, thank you very much.

Hey ThorAss,

except for the few bearish by nature true believers,

not a lot of stooly bears these days. Most looking for higher and higher prices and seem to believe Oct/March lows marked 4-year bottom. Hard to argue against that.

I'm wavering myself. Some things look like cyclical bull market in progress with legs, other things make current rally across all major equity markets look very similar to the extended top into Spring 2002. Euro100 still below the Dec high.

German Dax up 57% off of the March low, wow that has to be a cyclical bull with legs one would think. But it was up 55% off of the Sept 2001 low at the March 2002 top before taking a huge plunge.

What say you. What does the Thornicator say these days. How 'bout a chart of it if you don't mind.

Will check in with you later.

TG

I'm thinking of changing the name here to the Death Zone, whaddayatink?

The Death Zone is very high up on the world's highest mountains, above 8000 m and refers to the fact that humans can not survive for long without supplemental oxygen for long at these altitudes. And so it is now, as we are high up on this rally that the bears are dying off and or going long.

I remain an unrepentant and unreconstructed bear, not because I'm pigheaded but because I know where we are headed. The rest is just details and posturing. The market participants are interplaying. The funds are positioning, wrongly I might add, with other people's money. The hedgers are gaming and the speculators are being conditioned to buy the dips so they can be properly shorn as each new dip plumbs new depths while all the while the slump is refered to in the press (gang) as a necessary healthy correction.

Do' need no MoJo JoJo to set me straight, thank you very much.

Death Zone :lol: yep Many Bears have bought it :lol:

Not I. This mk is terminal . Waiting for the cataylst

and the Dominos will fall.............

even my wife is wavering, she was very bearish based on her own observations, I do not influence her in this regard. she is not technically savy at all, but very intuitive and an observationist ( is that a word, it is now) Yesterday she asked me if "they" could have been busy changing the system and maybe everything will slowly turn around. She did not undestand how she ( an average person) could see all that was wrong yet things just seem to stay "ok" in the general economy.

My response is/was imagine a really ,really, really REALLY, big , no I MEAN BIG, boat.

(that boat is the US?WORLD economy) this boat 2 miles long and 1/2 wide, its big

It leaves NY for a trip to the south pole ( the end of the world, get it LOL ) and it has 11 big engines that really get this thing going, now half way we are into the trip, we are doing 50 knots and we start losing engines and the AG orders the other engines to be "stoked" and he orders 150% power on all the remaining engines. The rest of start to blow up too and now we are coasting, but if get a ship that big with that much mass moving that fast it will coast for a very, very, very long time and continue to move forward.

The 1st problem will be to survive the Atlantic storms with as little damage as possible.

2nd problem will be the Icebergs ( Hyper Tiger type crash, and we sink very fast, few survive but they are all wearing gold lifejackes - )

3rd problem is it is going to start getting cold as we coast toward the pole and heating cost will go up. ( just a little joke there)

we all could just keep going on and on with this analogy, but the point is "this aint no BULL market starting point" bear markets take time. it will be 10 to 15 years before we hit land. so figure out how to survive on this boat, in the end it will not be about having more money, it will be about having more money than everybody else.

rant off

ne

Sell weakness This should be the one to start

the Snowball :lol: SNOW :lol:

962 s-p her we come for EOM :lol:

Jam job hopers on other board still :o

most Bears gone :cry:

Only the strong survive

I am here almost all the time, kind of peacefull, I do miss reading some of my more eloquent brothers and sisters.

but i do not miss the bull

So far we're going according to plan. Closed precisely 1/4 of 1 position today on the drop down. This is nothing. Patterns suggest we close down today probably in the lower half of the range and start rallying tomorrow. Month end shenanigans reign, however. Maybe August will be a kinder and gentler month for the bears. I've got lots of ammo now and I'm not afraid to use it. :grin: Gee, I wonder if I should dong this next rally. :lol: :lol: :lol: This is about the 3rd day in a row that I looked like a king by 10:30 only to see my kingdom usurped somewhat by the end of the day.

I was looking at an SMH:SPY ratio chart and the pattern suggests we're ripe to go back down to the bottom of the (rising) channel. If SPY is at 960, SMH should hit 28. That's what I'm shooting for. I just go for singles again, again and again. And I'll take one for the team if they try to brush me off. I'm dirty and I hug the plate. Call me Ron Hunt. (Bonus if you know who that is.)

Archived