Bear Zone Stool (AH and Intra-Day) for Fryday, July 25

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread kind of reminds me of the oupost at the lows for the PMS. Quiet.

I'm wondering how this summer compares to the summer of '87. Anybody here active in the US markets back then? I was in Oz at the time and I was a bit busy dealing with flying monkeys.

Bearman,

There is life in the Bear Zone. :D

You have to remember I didn't even start shorting until July. Just the last couple of weeks really. I've been a bit busy, dealing with the PMS, ya know. The extended PMS rally meant I came late to the Teddy Bear's picnic. Fortunately, they've waited for me. :)

And even though the bulls have gored me a few times I managed to claw back.

Guest yobob1

Are we there yet? IMO, no. I think stocks will bounce around a bit for a while longer. The real fun should begin around Labor Day. PM's? Not sure what's going on there, possibly some short squeezins. Like Bearman I don't fully trust silver's move yet. I think I need to see a $6+ print there to make me relax a little, though I am fully in at about 4.6 average.

The real key may lie in bonds. They don't seem to excited about the durables this AM, nor am I impressed. Wonder what level will really start to slow construction, which IMO is the real key to whether this economy continues to muddle or tanks. I still think tankage with saturation being a large factor.

It's getting to where I don't believe anything anymore. So much of this data is counter intuitive and contrary to first hand observation. We'll see what the autos have to say after July. BTW their numbers are not retail sales; if they can get them out of the gate they're counted as sold, no matter where they go. I've watched RV manufacturers move product to storage yards at month's end and then move them back the following week. That's known as inventory management. I guess they count units in transit as sold, even if they're just circling the block.

So if they oust Davis, what do they do for a guv? Who would want the job, considering the mess they've got.

An interesting aside, cause I'm bored. The ALP or Australian Labor Party spells the word like the Americans which I think is the only place they spell it that way. Why did they do that I wonder. Hardly likely they named it after the American Labor Party as last I checked there wasn't one.

Archived