Bear Zone Stool (AH and Intra-Day) for Thorsday July 24

From me over at the outpost:

Meanwhile over on the broads, closed one partial position and have entered no new shorts. I'm becoming less and less happy with my position as each day goes by. So many conflicting signals, so much mindless volatility. My system for shorting will only work if dip buyers are regularly getting their asses handed to them. At the moment this does not yet appear to be the case.

At this point I'd give my left prairie oyster for a good old-fashioned stock market crash and a pullback on the PMS. However, I'm not expecting this to happen. Not entering new shorts 'til I start to see things that give me warm fuzzies. I will reel in my current shorts at support or cut them if they break out. No point in LOSING any money in this market.

On the positive side are we looking at a delayed reaction/opposite move thing happening here or is it really just The Magic Liquidity Tour on the road?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thor,

I'm with you there my friend. Keep in mind that our disgust with existing positions usually increases in proportion to the inflection point.

It never fails for me. As the market starts doing the opposite of of my posistions I get very agitated. If I am holding shorts the moment just before the indices break down my desire to sell is almost as bad as a junkie craving smack. I can't tell you the number of times I have sold puts at the high of the day and vice versa.

Follow your system and ride through it. For me this is 25% technical and 75% mental discipline. Hang in there buddy.

Look out now. Big, huge, monster, unbelievable rally coming. Any time now, we go straight to the moon.

Dow 77,000. NASDAQ 490,000. AMAT to 10,000 by next Tuesday!

Here it comes. Stand back. Don't get in the way.

Better double up on those tech stocks!

Watch out!

Wow, dig that crazy chick!

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

Theres hot short-shorts

We like short-shorts

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

Theres hot short-shorts

We like short-shorts

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

Theres hot short-shorts

We like short-shorts

Who wears short-shorts

We wear short-shorts

--The Royal Teens, 1958.

God love 'em.

But wait there's more!

"Description by Oldies.com:

Best known for their Top 10 1958 hit "Short Shorts", The Royal Teens were originally known as The Royal Tones when they got their start in New Jersey. Bob Gaudio, key member of The Royal Teens, later went on to international success as a member and chief hit-writer of The Four Seasons."

Wow -- he sang on "Short Shorts" BEFORE helping to create The Four Seasons.

Now, that's impressive. Some people stare at charts for a living. Others write, produce and sing "Sherry" and "Walk Like A Man."

"NEW YORK (CBS.MW) - IPass rocketed out of the gate with a 30-percent gain over its offering price as the hotter of two healthy initial public offerings debuting on Thursday.

The IPOs come on the heels of the successful blast off of InterVideo (IVII: news, chart, profile) last week. It's the sixth week in a row featuring at least one IPO vs. earlier this year, when weeks and months would go by without a deal."

Lemme see here. When was the last time the IPO market was this hot? Was it January of 2000 or February of 2000?

Those were memorable longs, as I recall.

Pity the poor Wall Street anal cyst. Ever since he got that degree from Wharton he's been trained to believe that job cuts are good. Less salaries paid, more bottom line to those that count. You know, CEO's, COO's, etc. -- the important people.

"Give us job cuts" is the MBA mantra.

Now comes Microsoft. The temerity. The arrogance. What the f*** is this? They're HIRING workers.

Uh, uh, wait a sec: must mean that long-awaited tech recovery is here.

Therefore, today, and today ONLY, hiring workers is, uh, bullish! Yeah, that's right, just his once, it's...bullish...

Why isn't this stock at 30? What's the problem?

Archived