ALL IS WELL

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Icky Twerp
You can borrow from your 401K and pay yourself back with interest. I had employees do it all the time.

I looked into this too, but couldn't make the economics work for me:

I could only borrow half, and the payment schedule meant that I would have to have immediate, short-term payback of 8% (?, I forget) just to make the payments on the loan. Plus it comes immediately due if you "leave" the company. I think there was a loan-origination fee, too. It looked like a sucker's bet to me, even tho' I would have been "loaning myself the money". I've known other people to have done this, instead of second mortgages for work on their houses, etc, back in the late 90s, but my impression is these are the same people whose conduct we uniformly lament on this board... Keep the ideas coming -- maybe there IS someway out; maybe the gov. will revise the laws to give us access before retirement... certainly a death-knell to the economy, but maybe some of us would put it to "good" use...

Given the rampant signs of trend reversal and a building liquidity crisis, dip buyers will be crushed one of these mornings. Now is the time to be looking for and establishing short positions on strength. There's a giant gap down on its way, one from which there will be no recovery. Anyone long high beta stocks with leverage will be wiped out.

What he said. :grin:

They jammed the homebuilders right at the open and held them green for 50 min. Now they are turning then south after letting the suckers buy them. Getting the last dollar from the sheep. :huh: :o :lol:

The non-centered 30 day MA is snot holding up for most averages. Once this puppy breaks a selling panic will emerge. Lots o BIG money accts tied up in there looking for an excuse to take profits and no one to sell to :grin:

This will soon get ugly once the programmed trading kicks in. :P

The non-centered 30 day MA is snot holding up for most averages. Once this puppy breaks a selling panic will emerge. Lots o money tied up in there looking for an excuse to take profits and no one to sell to :grin:

This will soon get ugly once the programmed trading kicks in. :P

I like ugly. :blink: :P

Archived