"What's Beyond The Sky?"

Hi all. Am I reading this article right? Is Steve Roach from Morgan Stanley actually turning temporarily bullish??? :unsure:

He has been bearish for years, comments?

http://www.morganstanley.com/GEFdata/diges...est-digest.html

it should not come as a suprise that the fed is going to try and reflate they basically have been for the last year....i think the question is wether or not the money flows into paper assets or hard assets....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to tell 'em it was bear season this week. They didn't want to hear it. Oh well  :(

I beleive I said on Firday IDS at end of day, cautious for short term shorts...too many periods are dover sold.

Rarely pays to hold short terms shorts when 60 minute chart hits dover sold and u got a positive 5 minute chart divergences or what sure look like such were forming.

I know it's the wrong board for this, but look at SWC -- it's up today, and the other silver-type miners are down. I mentioned before that there was a big stop-running event a few days ago, where it was taken down to 5.02 and then immediately ramped back up to 5.30. Anyone have access to level II quotes and a moment to see what's going on? :blink:

please, give me a break.  This is pathetic.

Yes it is! The buy and hold gang. Santa rally ect.

Engines always their best just before the blowup!

Also lots of shorts jumping out imo.

we have a week to go till christmas there is normally no need for the shorts to cover in a panic style.

In forex they didnt start to cover their dollar shorts, but they definitely will before christmas, but shouldnt start before wed or turds.

before that p/c ratio changes in favour of the bears i do nothing.

I think this could be looked at as a higher low, shaping up as a move towards 3 of 3 up. Mostly sidelined with a small SPX call position. My new years resolutions for 2003 include avoiding scam week losses.

While Roach's insights have often been correct, his timing has never been very good (he says he's not a market timer). The lag time between his "double dip" call vs. it's arrival was considerable. Regarding "reflation", the only asset class which has ever benefited from inflation is gold. However, as he states, his is a short term call only. And note, his call is not for a fundamental, meaningful recovery in the economy, just a recovery in perceptions - which, short term, is all that matters.

Must be divine intervention

I was trying to pull the trigger to short the QQQ at 1045 print at 200%, full position on this morning rally.

My computer froze up after several tries... missed the 1030 cutoff time.

Guess I'll sit on sidelines, but my hunch is we retrace this all by the close, and possibly then some... oh well... bummer

I know it's the wrong board for this, but look at SWC -- it's up today, and the other silver-type miners are down. I mentioned before that there was a big stop-running event a few days ago, where it was taken down to 5.02 and then immediately ramped back up to 5.30. Anyone have access to level II quotes and a moment to see what's going on? :blink:

Level II doesnt look too exciting. How can it be with 69,200 shares traded. The big bid is at 4.97 for 1400 shares on the Phildadelphia exchange. Big offer is 5.30 with 1000 shares on the chicago exchange.

You are aware a Russian firm purchased what I think is controliing interest of SWC, are you not? Reason for the selloff in SWC as of recently. Hypothesized investors of SWC dont like the Russian environmental management of such facilties. Sorry, still dont have the news.

Level II doesnt look too exciting. How can it be with 69,200 shares traded. The big bid is at 4.97 for 1400 shares on the Phildadelphia exchange. Big offer is 5.30 with 1000 shares on the chicago exchange.

You are aware a Russian firm purchased what I think is controliing interest of SWC, are you not? Reason for the selloff in SWC as of recently. Hypothesized investors of SWC dont like the Russian environmental management of such facilties. Sorry, still dont have the news.

Maybe this will help....

Looks like 5.20 was the big one today. 41000 shares out of 69,200 shares traded today.

post-3-1040052960_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rocky.

Yes, the Russian purchase of controlling interest of SWC was to get better access to U.S. markets. Actually should be a positive thing, but of course it snot because that would be logical.

It was VERY suspicious the way they kept pushing SWC lower, let it come back a little, over and over, and then made it look like the bottom was dropping out -- then within a matter of 40 minutes brought it back rapidly from 5.02 to 5.30. Made me wonder if someone was accumulating. Market and time will tell.....

Archived