A Pyrrhic Victory?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In. Int. #'s

Bulls   56.5  vs  53.8

Bears  20.7  vs  22

the spread widens to EXTREMELY high levels.

Are we at a record or has this been more extreme in the past.

anyone?

It is higher than at any point in the last three years. That I know.

Guest bullseatshitndie
In. Int. #'s

Bulls   56.5  vs  53.8

Bears  20.7  vs  22

the spread widens to EXTREMELY high levels.

Are we at a record or has this been more extreme in the past.

anyone?

i have a spreadsheet only going back as far as dec99. this is the widest spread between bull/bull and lowest bear # since then. but, the high bull # in that time period was 61.8 in feb00. this bull # is the highest since it ran up to those levels.

in other words, sentiment is reaching levels reached at the height of the mania. people never learn.

Judge questions Wall St. settlement

Demands details of $1.4b deal on biased research

NEW YORK -- A federal judge has asked securities regulators and 10 Wall Street firms for more details about the $1.4 billion deal they reached in April to settle allegations of biased stock ratings.

In an order made public yesterday, US District Judge William H. Pauley III, who must approve the settlement to make it final, told the firms and the Securities and Exchange Commission to provide clearer information by June 16.

Federal and state regulators pursued the settlement -- which includes one of the largest penalties ever handed down by securities regulators -- to shore up investor confidence.

Pauley said he wanted details on how the settlement money will be returned to investors and used to educate the public and pay for independent research. He also wants to know what happens if one or more of the 50 states rejects their portion of $488 million in settlement money earmarked for the states.

I think it's safe to say that Capitalstool is important to all of us. Doc works very hard to make it the best it can be. Unfortunately, sometimes that's not good enough. For the last couple of months that's been the case. As a result, I need to ask those of you who still believe in what Dr. Stool is trying to do, to lend your support.

doc,

the thing that you couldnt predict this horror move exactly doesnt make you a loser. I still love you and i beleive in you! Tanks doc for your very hard work every damn day! :)

..... oups, somebody robbed my credit card! :lol: :lol:

Just to show how insane this market has become HAND is involved in a buyunder this am yet the stock is trading up, over the closing price , over the buy under price.

There comes a point in life when one has to see things as they are and not as they want them to be, that is the point of maturity. The inmate are in control now,,, boys and girls.

Changed My Stool Signature Today...................

To something more appropriate and an undeniable truth on Wall Street, at the Fed and in the World of Finance in general........Martha Stewart etc.........

"CHEATERS NEVER WIN..............THEY JUST ALWAYS FINISH FIRST"- Bird D. Durr

I didn't invent the phrase...........but it's been running through my mind lately.....so I'll take credit for it..............

Come to think of it...........I thinks that's how the Trustees at Pitt Law School signed my diploma............imagine that

Speaking of sentiment, if the rate of Anals subscription cancellations is any indication, while it's been bad for the last month, the last 24 hours was ridiculous, almost double the previous daily high. Prior to this, subscriptions grew every month. Part of me wants to cry, the other part wants to laugh because I'm thinking this could be the final capitulation that ends this madness. No one wants to short, and no one wants to hear Doc screaming FIRE in the wilderness any more.

Congress is getting ready to step in and change the rules to rescue pension funds.

Boston Globe is reporting --

''We're talking about an act of Congress that could dramatically reduce your pension benefit 10 percent, 20 percent or more,'' said David Certner, director of federal affairs for AARP, a lobbying group for older Americans. ''This is a huge, explosive issue - billions of dollars we're talking about, not just this year but forever.''

Link -- Pension pain

Like we couldn't see that coming.

Archived