PMS Daily Spew for WetNurseDay May 14

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AssMaster
Except the one using the 50-dma for NEM - which, incidentally, is what I use a lot, too, when deciding to get in and out of gold stocks. :wink2:

Of course, you must keep in mind that the trading systems there are very primitive.

BTW, how did you use XAU there? I tried XAU, $XAU, ^XAU, XAU.X - but they were not accepted. :(

Regards,

Vesselin

$XAU works.

I'm still looking for a top 1-3 weeks out with the 82 day cycle sched to peak about 5/22 and highs in early June the last 2 years. I'm favoring scaling out during the time period. Hui 145 still looks very reasonable.

Any of you guys have any suggestions as to how the 82 plays out? Are you keeping core positions? Thor why wait for the failure? Besides I don't think we see that level over the next couple. These guys do play hardball though. Rough crowd. They seem to be trying to shake off all the weak hands. Makes me want to hang on a while when I sense they want to shake me.

NEM

Today the 82 clicked down on my chart. A 42 day cycle is still in a down phase and is clicking lower.

Next longer cycle (not shown) I have in down phase but has stopped moving lower temporarily.

richmtn,

I never hold core positions in stocks. I consider them worthless bits of paper useful for speculation only. I have held bond funds for fairly long periods at times for the yield.

But if you read my previous post re GLG then in that case it was a mistake not to hold a core postionthe past couple of years but my problem is the stop and you can bet GLG will give back much of its gains when the 8 year gold cycle starts moving down (next year?).

I may try some long cycle based "trades" where I hold for a couple of years if I can catch the bottom of the 8 year (2005/6?).

Thanks for the response. I agree with you about holding miners during down phases. I have no intention of doing so. In fact I may play the short side as I did on the most recent down phase of the 82.

I get the impression a few are looking for a pullback down into next week on the broads then a snapback up to highs late into June.

If there ever was a chart that looked like a top it would be Doc's SPX chart

I hear the sound of glass breaking at 938

Archived