PMS Daily Digest for Wednesday April 23

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you mean sub-300 or really sub-200?

I really meant sub-200, although Oyster didn't say it. Think about it. The bullish scenario is that the rally from the April 2001 low to the February 2003 high was wave I. If that were the case, we should be in an ABC correction since the top. If the move since the top was impulsive instead, then this 3-year rally was really a corrective move in a bear market - wave IV, I say, or wave Y, says Prechter. In both cases, we should have a very strong 5-wave impulsive move down (wave V or wave Z). By my estimate, it should go to around 187.

Think about it. If the crash since the February top (because for all practical purposes it was just that, a crash - at least that's what I call a 18% drop in less than a month) was just wave 1, can you imagine how wave 3 will look like?!

Regards,

Vesselin

Well ... what would be the consequences if this scenario plays out?

Wouldn't it mean that the Fed has lost the deflation battle (in a serious manner)?

I guess this might make it necessary to head for the hills - possibly some far-away hills (I wouldn't want to be anywhere near populated areas in the US).

Reykjavik might be far enough. Vesselin, how would this affect life in Iceland? Do 'Icelanders' have a tendency towards violence (or would they be able to keep a 'cool head')?

Of course, I hope that it will not happen. Just think of the consequences worldwide. There are already millions of people starving to death (or on the edge) each year, under current conditions. I cannot imagine such a scenario improving their situation. It is terrible just to think of it.

I know, this is 'off-topic'. I apologize.

OldMan

Guest AssMaster

The move to 385 was impulsive as was the move down *from* 385. War premium ON, and then war premium OFF.

If you think real interest rates will go positive (i.e. Fed RAISES rates), then gold should go down and the dollar should strengthen and the gold bull is a bear.

So I guess we should be shorting bonds, eh?

I'm going to issue a warning here and now. We really look like the November high on the Hooey now. If you're not worried about a pullback to the 117 - 122 area then forget about it because I think we'll be back within 2 - 3 weeks and heading higher. But if you want a chance to unload and reload I think this is it. I think we start down in earnest tomorrow.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$HUI,uu[w,a]dhclyyay[dd][pc50!c200!f][vc60][ilb14][J11378595,Y].gif

On the broads: The SMH probably needs one more move higher, (to close the gap) {and so I can get fooly short.}

I'm going to issue a warning here and now. We really look like the November high on the Hooey now. If you're not worried about a pullback to the 117 - 122 area then forget about it because I think we'll be back within 2 - 3 weeks and heading higher. But if you want a chance to unload and reload I think this is it. I think we start down in earnest tomorrow.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$HUI,uu[w,a]dhclyyay[dd][pc50!c200!f][vc60][ilb14][J11378595,Y].gif

On the broads: The SMH probably needs one more move higher, (to close the gap) {and so I can get fooly short.}

RSI might be tricky here....rsi works fine with the dmi...and DMI shows more to come!!! we might correct slightly at these levels...but this ain't finished

redraw yr charts comparing rsi and dmi :wink2:

SCHROL's call onthe SA miners is spot on still!!

Drooy is up by 1 penney, HMY & GFI are both still up .14 & .19 RESPECTIVELY.

Only miners in the green is the SA stocks. How the heck did you guess this Schrol??

THe SA miners were hit the hardest on the way down and i fully expected that to

continue in any kind of HUI correction.

GG is down .14. Wouldn't be surprised if GG is not the market leader in this next leg up B)

Glad I sold the IMG.TO for a loss as I think I can pick it up below $6.5 easily. It's dropped 5% today. KGC is down .11 also.

THOR: I agree about a copy cat of the Nov 2002 correction, except it might only last 1 week or less :P

Don't blink less you miss the chance to buy your fav miners cheap!

Ya, it's mid-cycle counter trend time. Anywhere from a 3 day wonder to weeks of mindless volatility. Look at the purple cross lines I've added to the RSI. Based on the development of the wedge I think we're odds on for a move to it's bottom or nearly so. 117 - 122 is my call. "We can either do this the hard way or the easy way."

SCHROL's call onthe SA miners is spot on still!!

Drooy is up by 1 penney, HMY & GFI are both still up .14 & .19 RESPECTIVELY.

Only miners in the green is the SA stocks. How the heck did you guess this Schrol??

THe SA miners were hit the hardest on the way down and i fully expected that to

continue in any kind of HUI correction.

GG is down .14. Wouldn't be surprised if GG is not the market leader in this next leg up B)

Glad I sold the IMG.TO for a loss as I think I can pick it up below $6.5 easily. It's dropped 5% today. KGC is down .11 also.

THOR: I agree about a copy cat of the Nov 2002 correction, except it might only last 1 week or less :P

Don't blink less you miss the chance to buy your fav miners cheap!

The RAND (SA currency) is on its final uptrust...and the market is aware of this....lower RAND = lower costs+ higher POG= higher profits.....easy :D

...the S&P wants to go to 950...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$SPX,uu[p,a]daclyyay[pb50!b200!c155][vc60][iub14!lk14!ld20][J11509595,Y]&listNum=19

...the VIX says enough is enough...and is higher after putting in a reversal doji...who's right?...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$vix,uu[h,a]daclynay[dd][pf][iut!lb14][J10499723,Y]&pref=G

...bombs away time for stocks soon...that's why the PM's remain firm...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$hui,uu[p,a]daclyyay[d20][pb50!b200!c155!c21][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9!lv25!lk14!lm12][J9855405,Y]&pref=G

...132.50 the figure...that's the one to watch on the HUI. B)

some gold stocks

...AGE first...just testing the breakout today...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=age.to,uu[p,a]daclyyay[dd][pb50!b200!c21!c155][vc60][iub14!lk14!lw25!ld20][J11739126,Y]&pref=G

...NovaGold filled the gap...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=nri.to,uu[p,a]daclyyay[pb50!b200!c155!c21][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9!lm12!lk14!lc20][J11683816,Y]&pref=G

...HRG is set to explode...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=hrg.to,uu[d,a]daclyyay[de][pb50!b200!c21!c20][vc60][iub14!lk14!lm12!lw25!ld20!lc20][J11739440,Y]&pref=G

...the SA's are leading the way...Anglo's doing the best today...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=au,uu[r,a]daclyyay[de][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9!lm12][J10902568,Y]&pref=G

..GG is gearing up for a good move...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=gg,uu[e,a]daclyyay[d20010201,20031231][pb50!b200!f][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9!lm12][J10150406,Y]&pref=G

...here's an old Meridian chart I did when it was in free fall...haven't touched it...looks like we caught the bottom...just think of this pattern as a rather large inverse H&S's pattern and you should do fine...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=mdg,uu[r,a]daclyyay[df][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9!lm12][J10881279,Y]&pref=G

Can't believe it. I just received a promo mailing from Jim Dines saying Gold's going to take off!

Greetings Crouching Tiger San. I'm really starting to wonder if any of us has it right. Looks to me like a dismal drop is in the works. I've read several very well put together charts over the past few weeks that would suggest otherwise.

Makes me wonder if whoever is right would have done just as well with their call to have flipped a dime and called heads.

Not to mention things all over the place seem to be doing what they're not supposed to. How many tops on the broads have we been hearing about for weeks and weeks? I've been calling that myself as well - but it just keeps ticking. Especially the Naz - what's up with that - someone pinch it on the ass or something? Sure has been been jumping!

Anyway - my coin flip says 'correction' or outright 'dive'. I take it you're at least in the 'correction' camp?

I need to call my cousin SevenOfNine and see if she has a Borg fractal trajectory forecast for these naughty markets... or maybe she'd just do an interplexing peek into the future for us...

Archived