PMS Daily Digest for April 2

what really puzzles me is Tom O'Brien talking about bonds going to 104/105 and Buck going back up to top of confluence at 103.65

and no dramatic influence on PM and POG being at a bottom to rally. Maybe today they took it all out of POG and PM for the last time in awhile - like Doc says we could rally for weeks though it might be weak.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5th - then it looks like we better get going on HUI back to our previous highs by April 11 to take profits if you bought today

and then see what the MAJOR high in the broads does to HUI. Probably coincide with a shift in the channel down on Doc's charts.

Charmin:

Didn't buy any miners today, yet. I'm willing to wait until the picture is clearer.

Still see som schizophrenia on juniors I follow. DSM.V is selling off on HEAVY volume today, like 5X avg volume. I'm still waiting for juniors to approach their 200MA line as there's a lot of stubbornness in the explorers and those hands need to show some capitualtion before I feel confident that a general UP phase in gold stocks is underway for sure.

This is just my intuition. Yes the miners are holding up well but they all GAPPED DOWN so much this morning that they HAD to go up. So there was some panick selling then this morning to create that GAP i'm guessing so that the HUI may have to retrace last Friday's entire white candle as I felt that it was too bullish for one day.

As Thor said, see if RSI on HUI will go downtown to low 30s to pick the next low in this correction.

And this crazy rally in the broads is hard to gauge, another 4 day wonder and then down or is this a MONSTER Spring rally, kinda a anticipate end of war rally just like the, "war has started, let's party" rally that came off the Mar 17 lows. That was when HUI started to roll over last time, A triple bottom on the HUI would be an awesome opp for us and probably be super bullish

Seeing the same stubborness in TNX.TO, you can call it bullish but I call it stubborness as these juniors need to capitulate more than the majors in my puny opinion. The majors at least mine gold while juniors are just drilling rocks and spending $$$ so why shouldn't their prices crap down??

Good luck to everyone trading miners, these are learning times for all of us :)

5TH - For the broads I'd have to hand it to Tim Ord for outlook

The March 21 high tested the gap area (January 16 to 17) on increased volume. This condition implies the March 21 high will be tested if not exceeded. The bigger picture remains bullish. We are long the Nasdaq at 1369.78.

http://www.marketweb.com/commentary/ord0401.htm

just closed my dong wong on the broads after one day and still holding small nibble on GFI today. The way I look at it if I only increase my profit by 2-3% per month I'm accomplishing something.

keep an eye on the channels

http://www.capitalstool.com/trades.htm

Guess what Charmin:

I tried to play LU and follow Saville's call. I felt NT was a stronger stock and should've bought that instead and follow my intuition. LU dropped from 1.49 to1.41/.42 yesterday on good volume. I got scared and sold my 1.47 for a small loss at 1.44. Only lost $50. LU opened at 1.48 and has stayed. NT has performed much better is up .13 today.

I don't understand the big cap stocks as I don't follow them much. Saw the AMR rocket 3 days ago but didn't believe it could keep going. That's what you call a momentum play. If only Gold stocks could have some momentum then I would jump on something.

Love to try AMR on a pullback if the broad rally is for real. NASDOG up 50, amazing and they are looking for 1450 or 1500? AMR has gap to fil at $4.5 but it's too late to buy now unless it pulls back to $3.50

Think I'm better to stick to what I know and that's just gold stocks. I'm happy with my Kruggers from this morning. if POG drops back to $322, I'll buy again.

NT is trying to bust above 50MA line, Above avg volume today for sure. Like to see it touch 50MA, pullback and I might buy it if the broads are still fuelling for for more :D

Seems like playing some of the nasdogs would be more fun than our miner niners sometimes. YHOO gapped DOWN BIG on VOLUME yesterday and today it's up a buck, talk about a stick save! Might be a good candidate fo a short sell as it's NOT closing yesterday's gap on enough volume. Keep it in mind. I would like to learn short selling so that we can make $$ on down side against big caps/nasdogs if they are going to drag our miners along with them.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=nt,uu[l,a]daclyyay[dc][pb50!b200!f][vc60][iut!ub14!la3,6,7].gif

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=yhoo,uu[l,a]daclyyay[dc][pb50!b200!f][vc60][iut!ub14!la3,6,7].gif

5th - I guess all that makes sense for me is buy the dips on light volume and see if it goes up on lighter volume to get out. I'm still playing with channels and really like what Doc does - it makes sense. Problem is I don't have time after hours or during the day to do much charting except for crude livecharts.

Per Tom O'Brien - which reminds me, March 21 high on the SPX would need 1.8 NYSE volume to break it and if on lighter volume it'll flip around and go back down to 842

Guest AssMaster

Today, ahh well. Speaking of NT, guess that one guy selling at the EXACT freaking low the other day was?

Should have looked at the chart first!

buying GFI for the dividend also - 3.58% at this price

DRooy from Tom on monday:

DROOY closed at $2.43(march 28). You can expect it will retest the $2.11 mark one more time. You can buy at $2.14 if the volume is less than 5 million. Earnings will be announced April 25,2003

charmin,

thats a hefty divvy on GFI. was out in the field all day in l.a. thanks for posting.

Pee

what really puzzles me is Tom O'Brien talking about bonds going to 104/105 and Buck going back up to top of confluence at 103.65

and no dramatic influence on PM and POG being at a bottom to rally.  Maybe today they took it all out of POG and PM for the last time in awhile - like Doc says we could rally for weeks though it might be weak.

charmin,

if buck goes to 104, where does that put the POG - under $315? a surrender here does wonders for buck and will throw gold out of bed... that CB site had POG to $270 in 4 weeks.

Guest AssMaster

Psst...Pile! Here's my latest bit of insanity. Wave 5 anyone? Or Wave 5 failure and into the dumperoo?

My current assumption is that the broads rally for a few days, then begin to roll over and trend down generally until late this year. Gold will be generally sideways until the broads roll over and may hopefully at that time begin to make a run at the previous high in late may as the broads begin their gentle descent. The low later this year for the broads, and the high later this year for gold will be the bottom and top for a while as we get a large bear market correction in broads and a large bearish correction in the metals.

If we have seen the bottom in the broads, then it may be over for the metals. However, the three year cyclicality would give one hope that wave five will soon be under way. At it's completion, however, it would be prudent to take some major chips off the table.

We shall see.

post-11-1049363096.gif

Archived