50 Shades of Down 4/25/23

Rate this topic

This colorful chart is mostly red, despite the green background. One decent bet would be that it the market has been in a 5 day cycle up phase since Thursday. That would be confirmed if they take out the lows in the early going today. Otherwise, we may as well go to Waffle House. 

On second thought, when we look at that nice positive divergence between the hourly cycle oscillators and the new hourly low price bar, the bulls have a shot to make something happen.

-uqhq

And if you don't think weird things can happen when the Treasury pumps $120 billion into the markets in the space of 4 weeks, think again. The 10 year yield is headed for a 10 day cycle projection of 3.36, where support is also indicated on the hourly chart. That's crazy considering the risk of default in the next couple of months. But money talks and crazy walks. Always. And right now there's too much money to sop up and not enough paper to absorb it. 

-uqle

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me!

If  you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

Where did everybody go?

APOLLO: “Data from downtowns show that cellphone activity in San Francisco is at 31% of pre-pandemic levels. New York is at 74% Chicago is at 50% Boston is at 54% .. … This has implications for retail, restaurants, and office.” [Slok]

CRE is in a death spiral. Just wait for leveraged loans!

FuebmBeXsAIIHss.jpg

• Like 2

The China reopening must not be going so great 🦨.  BABA diving straight to hell... Dr. Copper pulling the sheet up over the patient's head...

Not much talk now on BLOOMBERG about China saving us all like I heard the prior 6 months, but never fear, miracle of miracles AI is here to save us, BLOOMBERG told me so.... what are the odds of a new savior appearing just in time to keep me from selling my stock, that was to close for comfort.  I mean with a recession coming and all, I foolishly almost got out (I'm sure the yield curve inversion will be wrong this time), but with the sound advice from all the experts on BLOOMBERG I doubled down on chips... see you in 6 months with all my massive profits.🤮   That will be just in time for the great China reopening story to be brought out again... and this time they will mean it.... better not sell now... the markets are about to just EXPLODE higher...

BLOOMBERG is a joke and CNBC is so much worse... I keep BB on just to keep up with breaking news and some background noise but damn the 90% of straight stupid, hurts my ears sometimes... The sad part is that there are people that actually think they are getting thoughtful, unbiassed information.

But what the hell do I know... maybe I am the crazy one...:blink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrStool said:

One decent bet would be that it the market has been in a 5 day cycle up phase since Thursday. That would be confirmed if they take out the lows in the early going today.

I was too san gwine.