Market is Running Late - 4/24/23

Rate this topic

And so am I. I'll be back in a jifffy, but meanwhile, check out this shit. Speaks for itself. 

Why Not Get Too Excited About Bearish Proclamations… Yet -uezb

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me!

If  you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're buying the 10 year this morning. Hard to believe, Harry? Not really, considering that in April the Treasury paid down $126 billion in T-bills and that next Monday, the Treasury will pay down $16 billion in coupons. It's the April tax windfall at work. The Fed’s Circle Jerk… Is ‘Twerking?

Although, gotta wonder how the threat of a US government debt default is playing in those weekly investment strategy sessions at major institutions around the world. 

The hourly chart of the 10 year yield should give us a tell over the next few days. It looks bullish for yield, which is of course, bearish for the bond market. But if it takes out 3.52, there's gonna be a downdraft. Why anyone would buy this now is the question, but the answer may lie in the shorts that are out there. Too many shorts end up being their own worst enema.

-uf94

If you don't want to hold doolahs, the yeerow is the next least worst alternative. And the hourly chart of the yeerow agin the doolah reflects that. It's bullish as hell. 

-ufgy

Every time the yellow stuff sticks its head materially above 2k, it gets whacked. But buyers seem to be showing up and higher prices every few weeks. Is Gold Still Ticking After This Licking?

-ufii

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Am I on the right message board? Talking to myself, dancing with my shadow. 

The fact that literally no one is here and no one cares, is wildly bearish. 

I'm here.

Busy with RL work.

Bored AF with this Merciless Mirage of Markets.

Compelled to watch playoff basketball every night (before Asia opens).

It's also baseball season. My older son is playing JV and my younger one still little league. So, we run around watching youth baseball all the time, which is pretty much the most meaningful thing in the whole-wide world.