This Trend Is Your Trend, This Trend is My Trend 4/18/23

I am working on a Liquidity Trader Report which I would desperately like to finish this morning, but probably won't. So I will keep this short. 

For US stock index fuguetures this morning it's the same old, same old. They're still uptrending. They're still extending that high base breakout on the hourly chart of the ES, S&P futures, and the implied target of that breakout is still 4210.

The move is choppy. That's for sure. But it doesn't negate the fact that it is a solid trend of higher highs and higher lows. The chop just gives bears false hope. I love bears. I'm a semi retired bear, myself, having spent many years out standing in the field. I want to protect my bear friends from harm. So I tells it like I sees it. One day I will rejoin you for a final lap, but for now, it is what it is. 

By the way, today is Cliché Day. It's one of my favorite holidays, along with Pun Day. 

There's no 5 day cycle projection yet. The 2-3 day cycle projection looks like 4175. We're almost there. More chop ahead. 

-svlt

For moron the markets, see:

If you're serious about the underlying forces of supply and demand that drive the markets, join me!

If  you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulls keep pushing.

New all time high in france (CAC40), very nice moves in Germany (DAX), same in Poland, new high for 2023. The problem? In most cases its because of bluechips - same in Germany. The index is pretty high thanks to big companies.

Still positive flow, same for lower USD, and higher EMFX. Remember, higher EURUSD means "risk on".

Looks like the bottom happened in October. Now you have to catch a train which left the station.

The window is now open...until Friday's close.

SiP...

I don't know who else has been commenting, but I've mentioned NVDA...twice.  I believe this was my exact comment on Nvidia from a couple of weeks ago...

612041074_NVDAnonsense-April182023.jpg.3dd3c6993cfbb133dfc869d13b28bb4d.jpg

I'll be standing by my statement.

I enjoyed that PH.  Thanks. 

Best,

TCG

3 hours ago, SiP said:

couple days ago on this forum somebody was v. happy because of the gap down on nvidia. Well, new high for 2023. I dont know why, probably because of Elon Musk new AI idea (but he already bought the GPU).

That was me.  I buy NVDS (1.25x NVDA bear ETF) when NVDA goes over $275 with a trailing stop loss.  So far made a few dollars but looking for more when this thing starts gapping down and keeps gapping down.  Eventually the last greater fool will be all in, this bloated pig.

Archived