Pre FOMC Breakout 3/21/23

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

ย 

Back in the day I made a living off this shit for about 4 years. I was one of the favorite appraisers of the RTC and FDIC, because when all the bullshit was going on in the late '80s I was killing deals left and right. So when they failed RTC came to me. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wells Fartgo is next. They deserve it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Every entity which is highly engaged in CRE will fail in one way or the other. CRE will basically cease to exist as a valid asset class.

I do not go long before all the dominos have fallen. And if the Piss goes to 6000 and Iโ€˜m not on board so it shoukd be.

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

Note on the last hourly chart I posted above the Bearish Engulfing candle. Don't know if that means anything on an hourly basis.ย 

So much for the "Bearish" Engulfing.ย 

23 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Till today I regret that day in 1983 when John Bogle did NOT call me and say:โ€œHave you ever heard of Vanguard Index Funds?โ€œ

๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I was working on Wall Street at the time.ย 

2 hours ago, fxfox said:

Wells Fartgo is next. They deserve it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Every entity which is highly engaged in CRE will fail in one way or the other. CRE will basically cease to exist as a valid asset class.

I do not go long before all the dominos have fallen. And if the Piss goes to 6000 and Iโ€˜m not on board so it shoukd be.

ย 

Based on the info in the media I understand that CRE was heavily financed by local to mid banks which is also putting pressure on them. We all know that stock prices of CRE ETFs are fallin and many call this the source of crisis.

ย 

@sandy beach you are correct, BTW I'm the new tech guy (+past EY M&A team) so I could confirm that all digital infrastructure like telecom towers and masts (like American Towers in US (AMT ticker) and Cellnex Telekom in Spain) were sellin at absurd multiplies like 18-25 EBITDA. A lot of telecoms, especially in Europe, were pushed by consultants to sell their core assets at this absurd levels. Many did, but some only created JV and moved their assets to JVs.

Lotโ€˜s of triumph habit by part-time bears (former life long perma bulls) going on since 2 days. Phrases like โ€žwhich banking crisis? It is already overโ€œ, โ€žthis aint no 2008, every idiot sees thisโ€œ, โ€žFED is done and pumpsโ€œ etc.

We will see who has the last laughโ€ฆ

10 hours ago, DrStool said:

I was working on Wall Street at the time.ย 

You could have at least call my parents and tell them they should become Bogleheads! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The S&P 500 was around 150 in 1983โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Vanguard was founded in the mid-70s I think. Were they โ€ža playerโ€œ in 83? Were those index funds known, did people at The Street talk about them? I guess everyone knew Templeton, but Vanguard?

btw, is it correct that back then the S&P 500 was NOT the index everyone watched, like nowadays, right? Everyone had only eyes for the Dow? And Nasdaq was also not on the radar screen in 83, correct? And in 1983 the feeling was NOT that a multi decade long raging bull has started, right? ย 

ย 

Archived