Stocks Look Ripe for Rollover But Bitcoin Bullish, Market Itching For Gold Bonds - 3/16/23

Everything flies.

Just look at Nvidia, based on generative AI hype (open AI, chatGPT etc). New high of present bull run. double the value from october low.

where is the crisis? i dont see it. Heard about SVB, some other banks and immediately market is discounting QE, lower yields and rates offered by Fed. Its amazing how fast it's happening and how market actually trained the Fed on how to behave. Speculators are discussing what to buy based new upcoming QE, record inflow to Cathie Arkk.

WTF happened to us? ita getting worse and worse.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, SiP said:

Everything flies.

Just look at Nvidia, based on generative AI hype (open AI, chatGPT etc). New high of present bull run. double the value from october low.

where is the crisis? i dont see it. Heard about SVB, some other banks and immediately market is discounting QE, lower yields and rates offered by Fed. Its amazing how fast it's happening and how market actually trained the Fed on how to behave. Speculators are discussing what to buy based new upcoming QE, record inflow to Cathie Arkk.

WTF happened to us? ita getting worse and worse.

Tak. Naprawde. 

Let me remind you that we are at war and Putin's strategy is to bring down the financial system and what used to be called the West's political systems.  His first gambit, high oil prices and a freezing Europe and recession failed. 

Few remember that Greenspan made over 30 trips to the White House post 9 11. Every Fed official knows inflation policy is all well and good but a functioning economy and financial system come first. They might even be forced to hint at this when QE in whatever form resumes.

Besides, "ease' is the biggest political winner possible.   I 've got no clue how or how long most asset prices could remain inflated. Baring a lot of gunfire I'd guess years.

16 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Let me remind you that we are at war and Putin's strategy is to bring down the financial system and what used to be called the West's political systems.  His first gambit, high oil prices and a freezing Europe and recession failed. 

Few remember that Greenspan made over 30 trips to the White House post 9 11. Every Fed official knows inflation policy is all well and good but a functioning economy and financial system come first. They might even be forced to hint at this when QE in whatever form resumes.

Besides, "ease' is the biggest political winner possible.   I 've got no clue how or how long most asset prices could remain inflated. Baring a lot of gunfire I'd guess years.

The neo-marxist „environmentalists“ together with their facistoid BLM friends want it and the political right wing also want it for what they always want: To fill their own pockets.

There is no significant group in the political sphere, which does not want stocks to go up. For example Biden‘s „inflation reduction act“ is in fact highly inflationary. And they know that. 

I'm as cynical as the rest here, but let's be cautious and see the details. Is it targeted? No more share buybacks? Borrowing from the Fed at 4+% against collateral at par? Stigma of being at the window? No more dividends? Required to raise equity capital? Or the Fed just holding assets pending a quick sale? This may not be as bad as it looks at first blush.

THE BIG ROUND TRIP

So all the hot money whale deposits go to the big four

and......

The big four send them straight bank to the regional banks

With a nice cut in the middle

The FED loves this.....

Why.....

Because every dollar round tripped is a dollar the FED does not have to print!!!!!!!!!!!

And they really dont want to print....

They are being forced too currenlty but they are reluctant printers.

How does one spell half a pivot.

(Note the FED printerama has created an unstable hot money "mass" which behaves in a wave like...tsunami....manner.) 

The scammers and fraudsters are desperate to attract this hot money mass to use as exit liquidity for their various greater fool asset scams.

Fed’s balance sheet grew last week by $298B. Breakdown:

* Discount Window borrowing increased $140.5 billion in one week taking total to $152.8 billion. (Prior weekly record was $111 billion in 2008 during the financial crisis)

* $11.9 billion was borrowed from the Fed’s new Bank Term Funding Program

* $142B in Fed Loans “Includes loans that were extended to depository institutions established by the FDIC. The Federal Reserve’s loans to these depository institutions are secured by the collateral and the FDIC provides repayment guarantees."

* $7 billion in Treasuries fell 

* $2B in MBS rolled off the Fed’s as part of the Fed’s ongoing QT program.

Archived